Mercy Buff/ Mercy Meta?

Np dude…

Her rez would be too op, but I kinda had an idea for her Valk. Instead of having constant chain healing that does the same amount of heals for all the heroes, I thought it’d be cool if the teammate you lock onto gets more healing, and the chain that branches out to other teammates would heal them like the regular valk. Maybe even add both healing AND damage boost to her valk since it seems so underwhelming…It’s an idea so i don’t care what anyone thinks, it’s not like it’s going to happen.

BigMainLittleChains…

To what point? She used to have the same 50 healing as now. Mass rez? No thank you, the only way that could happen is removing her invulnerability as it was before the rework and that would be instant suicide as overall damage and cc has increased a lot since. Hide and rez sucked and was removed for a reason.
Mercy could be reworked to increase skill ceiling but that would probably require aim which would make her a completely different hero. She still works great in gold and plat (I play her a lot), but obviously a player base with higher skill level will pick something mechanically more engaging like Ana and that’s fine, she needs way more effort to work well than Mercy.

It wouldn’t be bad for her to have another skill, like a burst +50 healing skill on a 10 sec cooldown that would expend 50 of her own health but I don’t really see it happening anytime soon.

MANY people do not think so… we wouldn’t have the amount of posts about her if they did.

It isn’t Bait if a large large group agree with it.

1 Like

Mercy Wars: The attack of the Alts. :heart_eyes:

Hmmm, let’s see. First post, made a giant Mercy thread, that is almost identical to this one:

Same absurd statements:

I suggest you watch the developer update then and check out this thread:

Virtually all arguments here have been refuted.

Oh, really? Explain to me then why she pumps out more healing on average than any other healer. And also why she has a higher winrate compared to most of the other supports. What should we rely on then?

So predictable.

It’s literally the same 10 people who create and constantly post these types of topic that are at the bottom of competitive and occasionally use alt accounts with low level bait topics.

The facts are: It has been 2+ years. A revert isn’t happening. Mass Rez isn’t coming back. Mercy is fine and viable. The devs have stated this multiple times. Everyone is happy including Mercy mains. The only ones constantly spamming and raiding the forums are a small minority of players who are at the bottom of competitive, who can’t adjust and who are willing to raid the forums and spam constantly until they get what they want at the expense of 99% of the playerbase.

It’s not going to happen fortunately for the rest of us.

2 Likes

Majority of player base are dps mains, hence majority of player base except some Mercy mains are glad that mass rezz is gone.

Mercy meta is actually very good for dps mains, but at the same time players who actually learn to aim will not want to see Mercy/Moira over takes Ana.

Truly skilled players know when and where to switch between Moira/Ana/Mercy to get an edge in a fight. An Ana main can play all 3 healers, but the same can’t be said about Mercy or Moira mains. Hence the players who can play all 3 should be objectively better than players who can only play 1 or 2.

With the stage of the game at the moment, all 3 healers find their niche and synergy with different comps, and that is healthy for the game. I

2 Likes

Actually the majority of the player base and particularly the population here on the forums are Support / Tank Mains.

But the rest of your arguments are absolutely correct.

Mercy has a niche right now and she works within certain compositions. The fact that Mercy is not meta because of Goats, doesn’t mean that Mercy is bad. With Blizzard doing everything they can to weaken the composition, Mercy’s position would be strengthened over time and she will become gradually stronger. Currently, all of the supports function well and synergy with specific compositions. This is indeed healthy for the game.

3 Likes

There’s been a lot of assumptions about my post here on the forums, like i’m a Mercy cultist?
Or that i’m using an alt account to post these things. Which are both false.
I love playing Mercy, i’ve stated numerous times that I DON’T WANT MASS REZ BACK, i purely asked for opinions on a revert.
I’ve also stated numerous times that this is my main, I never got into comp until this season, I have played all seasons ON THIS ACCOUNT since season 1, and I will be more than glad to show that.
With that being said, there is absolutely NO reason to attack anyone on ANY opinion, I did not make this post for people to come and attack each other, they are all OPINIONS, which is something that people have a right to.
I have never seen another Mercy post on the forums because I do not look through them like much of you guys do.
But if my post is the same idea as another’s I fully understand comparing them.
Again, this is not a lower level account, this is my main account. I am not here to talk about bringing mass rez back, but there comes a point when we should start a PRODUCTIVE conversation instead of fighting like children.
A conversation is all I expect, not adults attacking adults like a bunch of toxic people. It’s uncalled for.
As for my opinion of Mercy in her current state? Her healing has never been the greatest, she works well in certain comps, and not well in others, that’s fine.
But for people the throw ‘‘skill ceiling’’ around is quite rude and uncalled for. People main all different types of heroes, if we’re talking about skill ceiling let’s actually talk about it. Starting with main tanks. Rein is the top picked main tank in the game, with a difficulty level of 1 out of 3 stars according to the OW in game client. Winston and Orisa are matched at 2 star difficulty out of 3.
Now for DPS. The DPS with the highest difficulty is Widowmaker. And the lowest skill capped hero is Soldier 76 with a 1 out of 3 star difficulty.
Now for supports. Mercy is the lowest skill difficulty support with a 1 out of 3 stars, and Zen is the highest with a 3 out of 3 star difficulty.
With all of that being said, why is no one talking about the skill ceiling with Rein, the most picked hero in Overwatch at this time? Because there is a difference between a gold rein and a GM rein, that’s why.
So why do we use this ‘‘skill ceiling’’ argument for Mercy but not for Rein? They both are the same difficulty according to Overwatch.
There is a difference between a gold Mercy and a GM Mercy. It’s simple logic really. That’s all.

Moira is just a worse Ana, at least Mercy fills a different role.

I’m going to assume this means something along the lines of: “They aren’t balancing everything around me so the game is going to die/is bad!”

Hiya Wabba, as I stated previously, I’d like for people to be constructive instead of seemingly Toxic, with that being said, the numbers speak for themselves, streamers, and youtubers, and just casual players are leaving the game left and right, because Blizzard is catering to the OWL instead of regular players like you and I.
That is what I meant by the game will surely die, it has nothing to do with me, it has to do with the current state of the game, Blizzard makes money off of OWL, so they invest all their time into OWL. It’s a business tactic that Blizzard has used for a long time, coming from WoW I know it all too well, a pro PvPer complains about something being OP, and blizzard nerfs it to the ground. It’s a business tactic commonly used in the gaming industry, thank you for your feedback, and remember, kindness saves lives! Thank you!

I hope disagreeing with you isn’t considered toxic, because I think she is mostly fine. Buffing heroes who are fine has a history of creating problems.

1 Like

It wasn’t you disagreeing with me love, it was the comment afterwards that came off a bit rude, that’s all! Thank you for giving your opinion, I mean that, I am learning new things from all of you guys on the forums, and it’s been a good time to learn more, as well as correcting my misinformation .

I’m sorry you felt that way, it’s just a common forum tactic to use x balance as the reason for the game dying. I only skimmed through your post, so I probably missed some stuff, soz my friend.

I think it really depends how they would go about the revert. We don’t want the same issue to occur that mass rez has. If they added LOS and a short cast time like Lucio’s cast time it would encourage more temp rezing and also help allow more counter play. To compensate it’d be nice to give her some damage reduction while casting (no invulnerability). Also being able to reset her GA like they did before would be good. I also always hated the argument of her hiding to rez, if I hear a junk tire I stop healing and hide cause I know that tire wants me. I think most Mercys dipped if they heard ults instead of just allowing themselves to die and I don’t think that’ll ever change. Like it makes more sense to dip no matter her kit lol

You’re perfectly fine.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I came looking for that Mercy mega thread but I guess it’s deleted (not surprised.) This was a the first thread I came across talking about Mercy, after a long line of other stuff.
I’ve played Mercy since season 1 and have hated the Mercy change. Any competent dps main could tell you how satisfying it is to “carry the team.” Well that’s how I felt with Mercy. Then we had the change and a little part of me died. However, I overcame the bullsht and established my complacency once again. Although, it has always been frustrating to see what they did to my favorite character.
I started to play my next favorite characters more and more. Reinhardt and Zarya. We all know Reinhardt has issues, and for whatever reason they refuse to address them. And I liked playing Zarya too. Dps was never really my forte. So I was usually rotating between these 3 characters.
Fast forward to the introduction of Moira and Brigitte. Be me “Do they really have to introduce 2 new support heroes to fix the Mercy mess?” Also, btw Rein is sht. Fast forward to Mercy 50hps nerf. Well Mercy is now complete sht. Guess I’ll play some more Zarya. But wait… fast forward to the latest patch. Zarya has been nerfed…more. Be me hmmm well I’m sht I guess.
Now, with the introduction of Baptiste, we now have 6 support heroes that are viable and do some noticeable dps. On a side note: rip lucio mains idk y they nerfed him too. So as you can plainly tell, I’ve been feeling out of place and useless lately, especially with Mercy. All the support characters do noticeable dps AND compete, if not surpass Mercy’s healing. I really can’t understand why they did this to poor Mercy? 50hps is really a joke. Meanwhile I’m getting head shot from 5 miles away with an arrow. I might as well have 1hp.
Tl’dr: Mercy is a throw choice now and Blizzard needs to fix her and my other 2 favorite characters.

No character is a throw character

Those three characters have some of the highest pick and win rates in the last week in both quickplay (pick rate) and competitive (both pick rate and win rate).

I’m not sure your complaint or frustration have a reasonable basis.

She doesn’t need buffs, she’s got a really high pickrate in the rank she’s not supposed to be amazing in.

1 Like