Mercy, Brigitte, Sombra, Bastion, and Many issues I have with the community devs, and the balancing of the game. (MegaThread for All Issues even ones i missed)

Well it is a buff to EMP which I guess its not which I would love gaining ult charge from it again and the QoL changes I mentioned. I don’t think translocator should be destroyed by turrets or needs to not be destructible again or give it well more HP and yeah I guess threshold for stealth would be good too.

I do agree TL should not be destroyed by turrets. Though I think it being destroyable and its current health is fine. I’ve never had mine destroyed by accident so far, and anyone actually focusing it to destroy it should have no trouble doing so even with something like 30hp.

Or Moira’s damage Orb would be dumb too. But 5 HP c’mon even Symmetra’s turrets have 30 HP make it 30-50HP.

What is your ideas when it comes to Sombra.

1st. A great counter to CC would to have Orisa’s supercharger provide fortify instead of a damage boost.

2nd. They could totally balance Bastion without changing everything about his kit. There are plenty of good idea on the Bastion megathread for both buff or a rework. I can elaborate if you want.

Well generally anyone who’s actually targeting your TL will do 30 damage to it easy except maybe from across the map. But I’ve never had spam damage from across the map kill it, so I don’t think it’s a huge deal.

As for me, you’ll find I’m a bit of an unpopular opinion when it comes to Sombra. I personally don’t think she needs much other than some bug fixes. I think the skulls about enemies when hacked is a nice QoL buff I’d like to see, but by no means necessary. I was against the new changes but after some time with them I don’t think they’re as bad as people make them out to be, though I wouldn’t mind it being reverted :slight_smile:

I love this idea, except if it was full cc immunity i think that would go from one of the worst ults to one of the strongest or even op ults. 50% cc reduction of eveyr kind is good.

1. i am definitely not scrolling through 2 megathreads so yea, clarifying would help.

As of rn, i really do only want qol stuff done to sombra, and thats at the max, you are a sombra/ana main, you know how oppressive hack can be if reliable or if her damage got more impactful.

I am biasd when it comes to mercy, i dislike her, but i know from the threads shes become unfun to play, but in reality, what was so fun about her? She was insanely easy and insanely rewarding, at least with brig you get enjoyment from ticking enemies off. Mercy pre rework and afterrework i just dont see how she was fun at all. I do think mercy could use another rework, but definitely not reverting her back to mass rez, that is a bundle of problems blizzard will never mess with again. Also, there was a bunch of issues back then with mercy. Ana was completely overpowered back then, and a lot of her kit was worse, her hps, her mobility, ooc healing passive, etc.

Ive played mercy too, during her ‘op times’, quite a decent bit, found her absolutely boring to play, i just cant understand how the mercy mains/otps can find her fun.

Thank ya’ll for replying to my thread, and yes, i do apologize for the no TLDR. I just have a lot of annoyance with the community as well as the devs in terms of game balance and a lot of the communities lack of knowledge

1 Like

I can explains about dive more simply
If you dive and get countered, you must change all your tanks and dps.

If you start with Rein, then you have less problems, and can just change brig if it is needed or not.
That is why dive is hard to be seen

Dive meta on the otherhand, had issues .
Some worry about mobility creep. But dive meta was actually “be mobile or be useless meta”.
So any mobile hero was in game and balanced. But anything else needed a mobility buff. Which wasnt given because of that strange creep idea.

Bastion can be balanced, his minigun is fine. He needs reduced spread on it, ironclad to be gone, give back tank armor.

thing is, before brig, there was no hard counter to good dives, the best you could do is run anti dive with orisa/hog/junkrat/etc, but that only worked a handful of times. Dive was still dominant

Rein has always been the most used tanks outside of high tier, hes easier, simple to grasp.

And yes, dive meta was definitely ‘be mobile or useless’

so make him more of glass cannon which is already a major problem of his? Youre nerfing him incredibly to give him tiny buffs

I wasn’t bothered by the changes at all. Well I was until they put stealth range back to normal which felt better.

Also lowering the sound of translocator.

Overall I just want bug fixes and that QoL change too.

1 Like

bug fixes would be massive buffs, i mean, ik bug fixes are needed and i do want a bug free sombra, but thatd make hack way more reliable, itd be like df bug fixes, just, sigh

We really need more anti cc

When you say anti-cc do you mean something like Zarya bubbles where you can put on characters so they’re unaffected?

1 Like

Not even a TLDR is needed. Have you read Titanium’s post. Your post is as long as 1/5 of it.

But yes. I agree with most of your points. Apart from Mercy being in the most balanced state she has ever been. She was in the same state (mid-high F tier) at season 3. The only difference is that she was fun back then

1 Like

Mercy’s winrate has been a stable 49% in GM for a while now and she has been losing pickrate so you should correct that part. Also having 49% winrate and being a dedicated healer with non niche but an overall steady kit isn’t balanced. It’s plain undertuned. She definitely doesn’t need a revert to the unhealthy Mercy 1.0 but she needs that 10HPS healing back if we want her to be viable.

PS. Do you know what heroes have lower winrate than Mercy in GM right now? Nobody. Playing with a Mercy against an Ana is the worst matchup you can have statistics-wise right now

1 Like

1.0 Was more healthy for the current game really as she countered poor ultimate management (which was double edged sword. Mercy could punish herself too) but was also fun to use. Yes, ofc, they could have added LoS tweak so it’s more counterable, but that is for another topic.

Mercy’s pickrate has dropped by an overall 1% over the course of 20 days, I doubt it will fall more. Her winrate is negative everywhere but in diamond and the average winrate is 48.8-ish%. (She has the 4th worst winrate in the roster) The rework was with good intentions, but I think after the January nerf we shouldve realised it would fail and needed to revert+tweak/rework her again

1 Like

Hmm, I can’t agree with any of your comments on Mercy.

Some of your other points are interesting, especially about the anti-CC.

Uhh no? Mercy’s overall pickrate has been a little under 5% this week (varying from 3,62% to 5,67%), it was a little over 6% last week and 20days earlier about 13,5%. The trend slowed down when her pickrate hit 7% which is understandable considering her main playerbase. The trend has been downwards ever since with natural variance on some days. The more you go towards the present the more alarming her statistics have become.

Also saying that Mercy 1.0 was healthier for the game than reworked Mercy 2.0 is correct but both of these iterations of Mercy have been abysmally unhealthy for the game. That’s why they’re just piling and silencing all the trolls still proposing a revert. Mercy was completely fine before the latest healing nerf as she was in line with other supports statistically when compared by healing/damage/utility. Her damage boost change was accidental according to the devs so that should be left as it is now of course. She just needs her 17% back to be balanced or even viable again

If you do the math its 20%, but I still think it wouldn’t resolve the main issues Mercy players have with her. She is extremely boring to play and has become a bland chacater

You’re completely wrong about Mercy. First off, her win rates are absolutely not increasing as her pick rates decrease. I’ve seen this a lot on the forums, and I don’t know where this misinformation is coming from.

Her win rates have been remarkably stable for weeks. They’re below the tier average in every single tier. She’s the lowest win rate hero plat-gm, and the second lowest bronze-gold. On any given day, she’s the lowest win rate character period in some of the tiers from diamond to gm, and is in the bottom 2 or 3 in the others.

She’s in as bad a state as she’s ever been. She’s not performing her role.Picking Mercy, in any rank, will lead you to lose SR. Every single one of her competitors is doing better than her. I’m not sure what your definition of balanced is, but it’s either a really strange definition or not in accordance with the reality in the game.

The Mercy discussion is not about making her op. It’s about making her viable. Currently, she is not.

2 Likes

Alright, so here it is in it’s most basic form: Old Bastion was weak, but it was because of recon, transformation speed, and self repair. New Bastion is weak for the opposite reason’s, those being tank and sentry.

One idea we have is to combine what’s good about him now and what was good about him then, along with some changes to IC. This would mean:

Sentry

-Spread reduced by 33%

-Headshots added

-Ammo reduced to 200

IC

-Removed as passive

-Attached to self repair at 25%

Tank

-Now gains 150 armor upon activatio. This armor is removed when the ultimate ends

If you do’nt think that would work then I could give you some rework ideas.