Mercy bottom line

Mercy used to be a quick-paced front-line healer with a very fluid play-style that relied on quick decision making and target prioritization.

Mercy got a rework that initially offered a different version of a quick-paced front-line healer with a fluid play-style that relied slightly less on quick decision making and where the ultimate took away any need for target prioritization.

Mercy got nerfed into quick-paced healer that has her movement interrupted every now and then, and where a lot of the fluidity is gone. She became less of a front-line healer since rez is not instant and works better from the backline in cover. The ultimate still requires less decision making and no target prioritization (unless you go Battle Mercy), but is now also monotone since it no longer grant advantages to rez.

Mercy has become less about quick decision making, requires less target prioritization, has a less fluid play-style, and rewards skillful play by taking away the need for your skills as a player (since Valkyrie dumbs everything down). The better you are the longer time you’ll spend not needing your awesome skills. That’s so counter intuitive to me.

I’ve made plenty of suggestions for changes that does not involve reverting or bringing mass-rez back. But I’ve come to the conclusion that there is no point in doing so. Mercy will never receive another rework; only number tweaks to her current kit from here-on. People who do not find Mercy fun to play now will never find her fun to play again. It is too late… People who liked Mercy for the quick decision making and the fluidity of her kit but no longer enjoy her lost.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Many who do want mass res back have said they haven’t played Mercy at all since the rework. Or have barely played her at all. To me it confirms a lot of the ‘‘revert or riot’’ posts are only emotional, empty ‘‘arguments’’ because they don’t enjoy or refuse to enjoy a different playstyle.

It’s ok to not like different versions of a hero, but constantly begging for reverts for emotional reasons is not constructive.

1 Like

Why should Mercy be able to pull off one of the most powerful abilities in the game risk free?

1 Like

She still is
literally nothing changed from her base kit, they didnt remove GA or make the beams work differently

frankly its not even much of a rework

1 Like

Are you implying a Rein wouldn’t already be holding a shield up, a D.Va wouldn’t DM a teammate to prevent them from dying, a Zarya wouldn’t already bubble someone under fire? Are you for real? It sounds like you think Mercy should be able to do it all on her own and that teamwork shouldn’t be a factor in a team game. Totally out of touch here.

Her entire playstyle changed as detailed in my quote from another thread.

The healing nerf is the only gripe I have with the complains really

You people keep painting this picture that it’s literally impossible to heal as Mercy

If you have a Mercy on your team its like basically having no heals whatsoever

Her healing is not so pitiful that it can’t sustain a team. the difference between 50 and 60 hps for all intents and purposes is a second at most, it really doesn’t completely destroy her fast paced and mobility playstyle

The mass rez engaging aspect is w/e, if that was the main thing you found fun about Mercy then there’s of course nothing you can do about that

Never once have I made that claim as I have no way of verifying it. I have not played Overwatch since January. My first complaint about Mercy no longer being fun was from over a year ago (November 2017) when Mercy was still a must-pick so it’s not about wanting Mercy to be powerful either.

So please don’t do the “you people” thing… Pfft… Humbug and ignorance…

3 Likes

Kay

Good to know you haven’t played since January; 0 credibility in anything you have to say on the topic now.

3 Likes

It’s clear they didn’t find her overpowered until some of the many many people who hate what she did to the game (and happened to be high profile) complained about it.

It’s not like she was getting nerfed before Blizcon with no affect on her stats or the way she defined the meta? Oh wait they were slowly trying to balance her and it wasn’t effective? Better pull on my tinfoil hat. Maybe I can blame the recent nerfs entirely on streamers too!

If it was regarding balance I would agree with you. If it’s regarding fun I don’t see your point. What has changed since I stopped playing Overwatch is that Mercy had her healing outside of Valkyrie reduced to 50 HPS and required ultimate charge has been reduced to compensate (I played the January nerf on the PTR quite a bit before I left). That doesn’t exactly change her kit from when I last played her. My complaints are, and have always been, about how unenjoyable and unengaging her kit is, and on that matter my opinions are still valid. The moment they give another rework to Mercy I will stop complaining about enjoyment and such things until I’ve tried them out for myself.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose… Go enjoy your bliss boy.

1 Like

I never said that. Me being displeased with Resurrect’s current downside doesn’t mean I want it to not have one.

when was that? I started playing Mercy in season 5. I don’t really remember that.

OW is subjective no matter how you cut it. Trying to say something is actual fact is ignoring that not a single thing in this game is unequivocally fact. You’re trying to bring facts into an argument that couldn’t possibly deal with facts. Before you say anything, think about why Mercy is the way she is today? She isn’t here because of facts.

1 Like

Bottom line is Ana is outclassing Moira and Mercy. Glad we got that covered.

you joke about it…but the irony is that that line of thinking would actually be more likely to get a change than “shes not fun”

It’s not helpful to think of HPS and DPS in that manner. Either you can save someone and help them make a play, or you can’t. 50 vs 60 is huge. Blizzard in fact raised Soldier’s DPS by 10% and it was a big deal.

The way you’d measure it is your save % or survival ratios, i.e. how many times your healing keeps someone from dying, and a 10 HPS difference probably means people you’re healing are many times more likely to die in any engagement.

Only Blizz could potentially see this, but you’d need to sort matches and then see death rates for teams with Mercy in them.

IMO 60 HPS just felt about right. No one asked for the nerf, anyway. Pales in comparison to Ana’s paper HPS, but they both have their respective advantages that justify putting Mercy at 60 and Ana at 95+

2 Likes

That change would likely not address the problem that people who are not having fun playing Mercy are perceiving. So the change would be useless to people who aren’t enjoying Mercy.

It is in fact the kind of changes that Mercy is getting these days… a small number changed here and there. Even if that were to make Mercy really powerful again it wouldn’t matter. I complained about Mercy not being fun over a year ago when she was still a must-pick. It’s not about Mercy being powerful for many (if not most) of the Mercy players, and just tweaking some numbers will not make her more fun to play for them.