Mercy 3.0 [My take, with pictures] šŸ‘¼

the images work just fine for me

1 Like

I like the drawings :grinning:

2 Likes

oh thank god, my google is just acting weird atm

thank you! i was doing them really late last night

1 Like

Iā€™ll say my thoughts on the changes but first, can I ask how you added pictures to your post? Iā€™ve wanted to add pictures for a while now but donā€™t know how

2 Likes

I uploaded the images to imgur and just copied the links and pasted.
If you need help go to Forum HTML tutorial

Well i edited to fix a typo in the post and they disappeared :pensive: but you get the idea.

1 Like

Ok thanks.
My thoughts on Mercy 3.0:

I think the Caduceus staff is an okay idea, but I think instead of 2% Max health, just increase the amount of healing to 55 or 60 for all heroes.

I feel the new ability isnā€™t a bad idea, either. I rather like it. Cleanse

2 Likes

These seem like some very interesting changes. I quite like the 2% max hp heal, but I also donā€™t think the devs would add it. It would certainly need to be explained in-game, and they havenā€™t been so great at that so farā€¦

With the blaster I think the best route is to have it be a different weapon as far as the gameā€™s code is concerned, but have it still use the staff model (so there is no need for a long swap animation). Itā€™d probably be too easy to accidentally press both LMB and RMB while swapping and end up with a very strange and unintuitive interaction (there would presumably have to be some delay, in order to avoid you mashing the mouse buttons to get a ridiculous volume of fire, and this delay would cause issues if activated unintentionally).

Valk when rez canā€™t be cast sounds like it could cause issues with timing (accidentally valking when you want to rez). The individual concepts seem fine however. Only comment is rezzed allies not getting the cleanse seems a bit counterintuitive - theyā€™re the ones youā€™ve just been putting resources into after all. Iā€™m sure youā€™d get used to it quite quickly though.

The pictures just disappeared for me, so my number could be wrong, but I think a 5s duration on the cleanse is a bit too long. Iā€™d decrease that and also decrease the cooldown, although that is at risk of becoming too similar to zaryaā€™s projected bubble.

1 Like

Yeah they left for me too, i edited something in the post and they left, however thanks for the critique!

Resurrects allies getting the cleanse effect to me seemed a bit much since they are being brought back from the dead after all, plus even alive allies would get this burst heal and cleanse affect anyways so i didnā€™t want to make resurrect the go to, i wanted Valk to have some place in her kit.

I love the Cleanse idea, but wouldnt it be too situational and only increases Mercy healing to 70hps if the enemy doesnt have any heroes that have CC or status changing abilities ? Im fine with the blaster and staff change, Ressurect could be balanced with thd nerfs you suggested, but i think most people wouldnt want it back even as a weaker version of the previous. I also think that people would most likely save their ult for Res instead of Valk so wouldnt it be useless to keep Valk ?

1 Like

Thats why i had added the 70 hps so she would have a use outside of just cleanse so it wouldnā€™t be useless against non-CC, i also thought it could give a small speedboost aswell?

For rez, yeah i thought the exact same thing. However i think in high play Valk would actually be used far more often for midfight potential, then again i could just remove the cleanse and burst heal in rez all together, giving valk some more room to be usefull

These are really great changes, I see you put alot of thought and time into it! Articulate reasonableness is scarce on these forums so this a nice change of pace :slight_smile:

My thoughts:

• Caduceus Staff Changes

Awesome idea! Youā€™re bit at the end said exactly what I was thinking

ā€œif she heals the way i described this would better off help her universally heal everyone the amount they actually need to be healedā€

• Caduceus Blaster Changes

Cool idea but I feel Mercy players will miss out on the absolute BM of dunking on greedy flankers with her pocket pistol. It for sure helps her fluidity bit this can also be accomplished by reducing the weapon swap speed like you mentioned.

• New E Ability: Cleanse

I agree with why you wanna remove Res. In my opinion, any cooldown longer than 16 seconds shouldnā€™t be a cooldown. It means itā€™ll either be too strong or too weak (like Bapā€™s Immortality Field).
Weā€™ve been dying for cleansing ability on a support for a while and I think itā€™s fits Mercy well. My only critique is the 70hps, that seems way too strong. The Cleanse + the aforementioned Caduceus Staff Changes would probably be enough, the utility is already strong on itā€™s own.

• Resurrect and Valkyrie Changes

Love pretty much everything you wrote especially the ā€œMain Beamā€ change.

However, Iā€™d suggest a slight tweak to how Res works. I think it would be better if she had 3 Charges of Res. Meaning you can Res three people INDIVIDUALLY, not all at once like 1.0 did. This would make Valkyrie more engaging and interactive with Resurrect since you have to incorporate good movement and game sense to pull off key resurrects when the enemy wants to shut you down.

Mercy has more agency in what she can do with it this way. Teammates down? Pop it and clutch. DPS or Tank gonna be super agro? Pop it and pocket. Widow badmouthing you in Match Chat? Pop it and teabag.

Iā€™d take away the burst heal/AOE cleanse affect, 20% damage reduction and blaster damage increase.

Apologize if my thoughts were too lengthy lol. I believe Mercy to be pretty well balanced right now. Changes like this should come when other key balance issues are ironed out first. Dope ideas nonetheless :+1:

2 Likes

Try these

https://i.imgur.com/XTxcwD0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8g6o7jp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1H2U9aC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1VZdkp2.jpg

1 Like

OH MY GOD THANK YOU! This is a life saver!

3 Likes

Thanks for the critique i can see your views and actually agree with most of them. I like your thought process for the Rez and Valk changes, i actually agree with most of your points!

As for cleanse, iā€™d say iā€™d have to give it some sort of use outside of just CC so i gave it the hp boost, maybe a burst would fit better, like cleanse than 50 extra hp instead of just healing 70 hps would be better.

Anyways i love your thought process!

2 Likes

I used to be a mercy main and I really like this I havenā€™t played her in so long because of how she feels. I think that the resurrect should be changed because itā€™s such a long cooldown and itā€™s really easy to cancel also some kind of burst heal would be great.

1 Like

I really like the idea of Mercyā€™s staff factoring in a percentage of the characterā€™s health pool as a sort of healing factor - thatā€™s a really smart solution to a big problem.

Right now Mercy canā€™t do any ā€˜addedā€™ healing, Moira and Ana and Baptiste and Lucio all have ā€˜amp upā€™ abilities that let them do not just primary healing but secondary as well. Mercyā€™s limitation on this is very punishing for her overall healing, but just bumping up her numbers is also punishing and makes her OP. Saying that she heals in accordance to WHAT sheā€™s healing, so that sheā€™s able to heal up the thick Tanks faster and get to work more is a really good solution to that problem.

I also miss Res being her ultimate, feeling like my choice had a real impact on the game. Right now sheā€™s much more ā€˜practical as a pocket for flimsy dpsā€™ than ā€˜Primary Angelic Healerā€™ as she should be. Good changes all around I think, if only Blizzard were smart enough to listen =/ They seem pretty deadset on keeping Mercy terrible.

2 Likes

Eh this is crazy enough to actually work I think. This should be looked into and maybe put on experimental I want to see how this actually plays out in game.

1 Like

This is extremely OP atm. Itā€™s a buff to every compartment of her kit. Even with the nerfs, res will be annoying and incredibly strong (and she still has a slightly nerfed valk???). I like the idea of removing the blaster and allowing her to fire from her staff though. Switching weapons in this game just feels wonky and inconsistent.

1 Like

You know I bet if someone else makes a suggestion of reworking Mercyā€™s ult into mass rez but this time with line of sight checks and cast time then the devs will listen for sure.

1 Like