Mercy “adjustments”?

Really Blizzard? Adjustments? Mercy needs CHANGES. None some type of number tweaks. please stop drooling on your keyboards and actually get something done. Your scummy shop won’t sell at all if you can’t even make your game semi-decent.

1 Like

Sorry, what is this in reference to?

They mention that Mercy is getting changes. Not sure what they are but it seems minor?.

1 Like

Oh, where do they mention it?

As a long-time main since launch, she feels like she’s finally in a fantastic state. I really hope they don’t mess with her mobility or nerf her in any way because she does feel a tad weak at times.

Confusing because two weeks ago they put out a blog post saying this:

But then they only talk about making bigger gameplay changes to Doom and Sojourn…

Lame.

2 Likes

Dev post today.

She’s not, she’s in quite a bad state. Hence why she’s getting buffed.

4 Likes

In their defense, its probably really difficult to even touch Mercy without ruining her for her core player base. Her playstyle is the only one in the game that offers completely utility to her team, and none of that (imo tedious) game play of having to juggle the perfect balance of DPS and healing.

Edit: i am not completely against Mercy getting changes. I understand there are a lot of issues with where she is at. Just with her history of reworks, I understand why she’s only being tweaked.

Too clarify as well, this is not just about Mercy even though that’s what the post is about. It’s about the lack of support changes in general in their complete disregard for trying to better the support experience. This is just the straw that broke the camel’s back.

1 Like

Well, I feel quite capable playing her as is, but buffs are always welcome! I came back to Overwatch with the launch of OW2 and have stayed strictly in casual because competitive is, well, toxic hell. I’m assuming that’s why I haven’t noticed any glaring issues with her balance-wise.

Thank you for being so helpful!

1 Like

Oh for sure, me too, especially in QP with my friends I feel very strong lol, but unfortunately she has statistically been really underperforming since Beta 1 and the higher up the ranks you go the more useless she gets, my teammates in GM will legit flame me for playing her lol

Np! Hopefully whatever they do makes her even more fun!

2 Likes

This was my primary concern as well, haha. I welcome buffs but her gameplay flow feels so good right now. I was so pleasantly surprised at how great the integration of super jump into her kit is!

I did notice that playing support in OW2 as compared to OW1 feels a lot more hostile. Moving from 6v6 to 5v5 definitely made it more of a deathmatch and supports certainly got the short end of that stick.

Let’s be honest… it would take a minor miracle for Blizzard to actually give Mercy a rework to fix the dumpster fire of the one she got the first time.

Yeah, she definitely starts seeing less play as you rank up. The better the enemy team can aim, the less viable mercy becomes. Utility takes precedence over raw healing power.

1 Like

raw healing power she doesn’t have

I just want to point out, that they never said she is getting buffed, it might be even a nerf for all we know… and knowing blizzard, well…yeah. She was mentioned along with Symmetra and i have a feeling they are actually going to nerf her just because its Symmetra we are talking about. So that lineup of heroes might contain nerf patients easily.

The Head of Balance literally said on Twitter 2 weeks ago that they are monitoring her winrate closely, hoping it would improve over time, but that she may see tweaks if not.

Clearly it did not improve. Un-shockingly.

They said they are going to reward her shooting at shields again. Doesn’t sound like a nerf.

Only person I see getting nerfed in that lineup is Kiriko

1 Like

Will see, when it comes to blizzard i always expect the worst. Especially when it comes to ““braindead”” heroes.

Heroes like them usually dont just get flat out buffs, there is always a cost attached to it that might lead to a worse state overall. For Sym i can see them reducing damage in exchange for shieldleeching.

For Mercy, its more likely they gonna buff something that was never an issue to begin with and waiting for a miracle, something dumb like GA reset on kills like it was on a meme experimental.

I accept and understand that some players want Mercy to get changes

But thats a want, not a need

Mercy doesnt actually need any changes at this time

If you believe she doesn’t need changes, why is it that she’s considered the worst support? I think almost all the supports are in need of changes, but Mercy is in the most desperate need. Especially with Ram coming out soon.

They’re giving her an M249

1 Like