🥶 Mei's nerf is not enough

Before we go on, it’s necessary to say that this is a start, but not enough.

This is somehow already good but is not enough. She has so much power having Cryo + Wall + Stun primary without cd + No falloff projectile in secondary.

The most effective way of fixing Mei is removing the stun OR removing the slow effect. Once you get to her range you are done - no counter play - and that’s happening more than often.

Her wall has also been a big problem lately in many games. I would suggest to nerf her wall health, making it easier to break it.

And for Cryo I would at least remove the ability to stall/cap points and payloads. This ability should have the same treatment as Sombra’s Invisibility. Before Sombra could cap a point/payload being invisible but they removed it and this should happen to Cryo as well.

51 Likes

Can we please wait till it hit the live serves, then check for ourselfes with an actual active player base and then we talk about it again if it was enough or not? ,-,

74 Likes

Its not enough because it does not address the Elephant in the room.
Her pierce and her ult are just obnoxious.
Her ult is just a guarnteed win no matter.
and her pierce, well do I really need to explain that?
Do I need to explain why being able to potentially freeze 2 or more people without even seeing them is a really bad thing???
Her wall as well is a guarnteed kill no question asked its kinda funny

5 Likes

This seems like a bit of overkill for a hero that was f-tier for 3 years

If anything, just remove multi freeze and she’ll be fine

17 Likes

We might as well just delete PTR then? LOL
PTR is for that… to test the changes… before it goes live…

16 Likes

And it has a very small player base to the point that it only catches the really big problems (like that “Moira can Fade out of stuns” buff they nixed).

1 Like

Exactly… forgot to mention that in my post, but yes, it’s a huge problem as well.

Yes that would be good, but I don’t think it’s overkill. She is oppressive. Stun in a primary should not even exist. People hate stun so much and yet Mei has it without any cooldown.

8 Likes

Would be usefull if there would be people actually playing and you dont have to wait 30 minutes for a single game where people just do… crap.
And yeah, why not delete the PTR and push everything out?
Would probably make patches WAY faster since they’ll not be stuck on PTR for WEEKS

Being F tier for 3 years does not exempt you for being op forever.
She is a mad powerhouse. The worst part almost everything she does needs the least effort possible put into it while being op at the same time. THATS BRIG ALL OVER AGAIN.

doesnt address her ult which is still obnoxious and a guarnteed win 90% of time. her ult legitmately is the best aoe/ (area based ult) in the game.

1 Like

I love comments like these.

You know, the ones that only list the strong points of a hero and none of the weaknesses of the hero.

You can essentially make all heroes sound ridiculous OP, even heroes such as Mercy and Symmetra.

15 Likes

Me and my friends tested it on ptr
This slightly helps heroes with mobility evade her better and it helps reinhardt alil

Lemme note this doe
HEROES WITH MOBILITY ALREADY HAD AN EASY TIME EVADING HER
and reinhardt if he played smart had abit of an easy time. dont get me wrong I like that rein can have his time easier with her. but still she beats him and freezes him just as fast and just as good as before

There is counterplay to the ult though. It does exist. Zens ult completely and laughably negates her ultimate - even now. Fade, charge, fortify, punch out, translocate, blink, wraith form, lunge, grapple, etc all escape her ult in some form. Her ult isn’t a “I win” button unless you’re playing a immobile hero and neither of your supports are running Lucio or Zen…

13 Likes

I could see this nerf being pretty big for running dive tanks actually.
Not so much for Rein. If he gets walled hes as dead as ever.

fade
you leave the point ult radius which covers the point which means you left the point
meis ult last longer than fortify.
If you fortify you either leave or stay to be slowed down and slaughtered after
punch out, translocate, wraith, lunge, grapple, they escape the ult but leave the point and hence lose.

Ya didnt solve the issue mate.
When I say easy win. I dont mean kills. I mean on how she aoe ccs anyone who dares touch the point.
She is cheese.

Try it maybe? All I did was list her abilities. LOL
Try to come up with the same for Mercy and Symm only based on her abilities…

1 Like

Is he wrong though?
She does have all of that.
Oh his bad he forgot to mention that the secondary has the same charge rate as hanzos full damage shot
Which btw is 0.75s

4 Likes

That what I have been doing wrong, I haven’t pressed Q hard enough.

You are a joke if you think her Ult is an I win button.

Guy guys!!!

Forum Mei has come to visit!

11 Likes

So one report for that
right
away
Also have you tried ulting the point in Overtime?
If you havent try it and come back after.
Also cant wait for your second account to come and bash me like last time.

Uhh the adults have a mature discussion where we dont shame talk the other. Remeber when you said she didnt have the stats to deserve a nerf?
The devs nerfed her btw, I guess she did have the stats.

Not gonna repond to you till you grow up and have civilized talk

1 Like

No, what you did was creating an image of Mei being too strong by listing her abilities, and even then by only listing her strong points.

Allow me to correct it:

And then I haven’t mentioned the part that all projectiles in this game doesn’t have fall-off.

And now without any further ado, I present thee, forum Mercy:

She has so much power: auto aim healing, no ammo, mobility on a 2s cooldown, no fallof projectiles and a resurrect.

”All I did was list her abilities”

13 Likes

That’s the big thing. People think of Mei as a counter to Wrecking Ball, but he can avoid her better than most tanks. If a Reinhardt or a Sigma gets close to a Mei, they need their team to bail them out.

Even if you’re playing Lucio and get the Sound Barrier off, the shields decay over 6 seconds and Blizzard lasts for 5 seconds with a lingering freeze. If there’s any damage coming in from her team, you’re still gonna die.

1 Like