Mei wall should be buffed to make her a niche pick

Okay so she’s dangerous and annoying to play againts with her freezing ability yet she’s still not in a “good” place.
She is very hard to balance.

The wall has strength in certain maps so it shouldn’t make her 100% good every map

I’d say give her wall a slow radius and be easier to freeze enemies in the radius by 0.5 seconds.
Or make her wall explodable to inflict slow and minimal damage (20-30)

or make her wall L shaped

1 Like

her cc is like perfectly balanced if it was any better she would be the anti tank buster in every game. i think the wall cool down could be like a second shorter problems half the time people mess up there walls

Giving it a lower cooldown won’t boost her usability by much.
You gotta think about how not to make Mei more annoying than she already is but more useful than she is now.
The wall is pretty annoying.

2 Likes

id say if that was really a thing to do. which i think she is niche enough. just raise her actual dps. freeze is more scary and she is more lethal range option to. im sure she could have a much more potent shot but slower.

She already hurts with her left click and can one shot Tracer in a certain range. Giving her DPS would make her more viable in every map which will promote one tricking. I’d like her to dominate in chokepoints and small maps like junkrat should be.

Junkrat is the thing i was talking about, he got increase of DPS and can be played in attack, defense and every type of map

Or add a “boop” when placing a wall, to push people back a bit…

1 Like

Mei needs to be buffed in a way that keeps her power relatively even against immobile/low mobility heroes, but dramatically increases it against mobile heroes.

This is the niche we should be going after for Mei, but the biggest problem is that the second she gets close to slowing a mobile hero, they dash/blink/jump away.

Mei needs a buff that prevents that, without making her ungainly strong against non-mobile heroes.

1 Like

It makes sense if she has a chance to freeze the escaped hero (tracer/genji)
by having her wall the ability to freeze but in a slower rate. They’d still have freeze residue and pop the wall to them and they’ll freeze

Her wall is fine. The only issue I have with it is how hard it is to land it sometimes on the place where you want it.

I can only see this messing with my teammates more than it already occasionally does

the only change Mei needs is the freeze needs to reduce the effectiveness of movement abilities by as much frozen they currently are

half way to frozen? half distance traveled
that is what she needs most

1 Like

I had the idea to make her slow % based, so it would only hurt high-mobility heros.

Essentially if she freezes an enemy 30%, they can only go 70% of their max distance on an ability. I.e. Tracer would blink 5.4m instead of 7.

This way it punishes people who get in range, and since Genji, Tracer, or any other high mobility hero has realitivly low DPS they won’t be able to kill her, whereas the slower hero have more damage or utility.

But what do I know :man_shrugging:

Any reason why your text is abnormally large?

2 Likes

I AM A GIANT!

wait wrong game

I’M LIVING LARGE!

honestly it’s cause i like the look of the large Text it has become part of my identity

1 Like