Mei should get a speed boost by spraying ice at the ground

Kinda like the old XMen and Batman cartoons where an ice character would shoot at the ground to let them slide faster (and not necessarily creating an ice platform to slide on). This would be an awesome way for her to get on a point and hold a contest at the risk/cost of ammo, or for her to even try and run away.

Plus, since she could always shoot at the ground and have an animation of frost already in place, this seems like a no brainer =)

Also, as Mei main, i think she’s pretty strong right now, and mobility is the last thing she needs. That would just Mei-ke her super broken and OP.

Tons of people have suggested this and Blizzard has at least considered it. At the end of the day this won’t happen. It isn’t intuitive to aim down and shoot the ground as a mobility ability, it leads to frustrating circumstances where Mei would not only be uncomfortably focused on the ground but she’d be expending ammo and entering fights dully prepared. On top of that, Mei would be very difficult to handle if she could not only keep up with faster heroes but also freeze them into an easy kill – the whole point of her character is to slow the enemy down to her level, not keep up with them and then make them slower.

2 Likes

While it seems logical, :thinking: she doesn’t need it. Mei is already a VERY durable and self-sustained hero with her Ice Wall and Cryo-Freeze who can slow people down and ‘stun’ them shortly after with her Weapon. :grimacing: The last thing Mei needs is to be faster! :sweat_smile:

Cool suggestion though, it’d be like Frozone from the Incredibles, but creepier! :joy: :blush:

I think the idea of speed versus sight would be the payoff, though. You’re blindly trying to get to the point in a desperate attempt to contest. And if Blizzard is introducing a third button press (like with Sym and her portal) to activate a maneuver, why not give Mei a similar button that would auto aim ice at the ground while she looks forward?

Could be fun is all I’m thinking =)

Hanzo didn’t get the same treatment lol

True.

But anyway, i just posted dev quote because it was relevant here. I personally think that Mei doesn’t need mobility. She needs it even less than Hanzo.

I shudder to think what Mei, a hero who takes mobility away, would do if she had extra mobility herself.

This is a bad idea…Mei already is unshakable if the ice touches you unless you have a dash/blink. If she could go FASTER…ugh.

She is just too dangerous up close to give extra combat speed to, like Reaper and Br…never mind.

Sure! It could be fun. :slight_smile:

They just need to design another hero for that, though. Or make it separate game mode.

If you want this you’d have to icewall with it, and your teammates would be able to use it too. Getting rid of icewall would also break her kit, so :man_shrugging:

Game doesnt need anymore mobility. The game has enough mobility which is why we they introduced brigitte and a bunch other cc

Sure, let’s give the most cancerous character in the game even more buffs. What could possibly go wrong?

Strictly from the view of entertainment and fun - I like the idea.

But considering how I (and many other players) think Mei is in a good place right now, I doubt they would add such a feature.

Besides, Mei already has an effective, unique and arguably most annoying toolset that enables her to contest control points like few others can.