Mei should be the next heroes to be nerfed

You called it a get out of jail free option. So if they get out alive, they got out, free.

It wouldn’t “buff” her, it would just put her in a category with other heroes whose job is to make space and win close-range brawls. She is better at both of those things than any of the current members of the tank roster.

One pillar of Mei’s 5-pillar wall is 450HP. Orisa’s entire shield is 600HP. The two abilities are on the same cooldown and are both immobile. If used properly the blocking off movement and LOS of your own team isn’t a problem since you can take it down at will.

Killing or CCing Sigma at any point once the PTR changes go live will cancel Gravitic Flux (giving at least a 3 second window to cancel Flux without taking the damage). Mei could die as soon as Snowball is deployed and the ult will still go off.

Better than Fortify, Kinetic Grasp or Adaptive Shields. CC cancels Kinetic Grasp, you can’t cancel it without using your other CD and non-projectiles can still kill you. Fortify gives you 40% damage reduction which is the closest we have to Cryo-Freeze in the tank roster and the only ability that compares to it (and you still have an enormous headshot hitbox) and Adaptive Shields is on a longer cooldown and is extremely low value 1v1.

Sigma’s rock requires using a 9 second cooldown and landing a slow, arcing projectile which slows you and deals self-damage.
Mei’s CC is the only hard CC in the game that doesn’t use a cooldown iirc.

Then why wasn’t she a part of GOATs or any multi tank comp?

incorrect. 400 HP.

Having a barrier you can shoot through but your enemy cant is a huge advantage.

This is incorrect as well, unless you mean once snowball hits the ground. In which case sure. But Blizzard also does far less damage and is eatable/deflectable.

… Debatable. But clearly not better than Jump jets or jump pack.

That’s 3 tanks. not all tanks. And considering all of them have large health pools to supplement the fact they will be taking damage… still debatable.

And also the only one with a slow build-up. unique does not equal OP.

Because GOATS had Rein, Zarya and Brig to juggle the freezie between all their shields, 3 supports basically made Mei’s damage nonexistent, D.va’s Matrix wasn’t on a cooldown so Blizzard’s only weakness was more pronounced, and even then during GOATS’s dying days Mei did start to see some play in her own modified GOATS comp, SNOATS, replacing D.va once DM got nerfed. These things aren’t possible now we’ve got 2-2-2.

So is blocking off enemy movement, LOS and repositioning your team, not to mention it blocks off a wider area. I’d rather Orisa have Ice Wall than the awful barrier she’s got right now, which is bad since shields are one of the big reasons you pick shield tanks.

Yes, that is what I mean by “deployed” not “thrown”. Blizzard does less damage… unless Mei’s alive in which case she’s guaranteed at least one kill since she can spam headshots into anyone who gets stuck in it. Plus her team can pile into Blizzard much more easily than they can pile onto Gravitic Flux because close range heroes can’t touch heroes in the air.

Immortality Field, Coalescence and Sound Barrier are also far better against Flux than against Blizzard. And Blizzard charges faster.

That’s true, but Winston and Pharah need jump jets and jump pack to do their job so they need to be really, really good. Mei has lots of other very good things going for her that Winston and Pharah don’t have.

Not all tanks have get-out-of-jail-free cards, Zarya actually has better GOOJF cards because her whole kit is dedicated to doing just that and nothing else, but it’s also better than Roadhog’s vape since overwhelming damage, CC and Biotic Grenade beat it. Rein doesn’t have a panic button, nor really does D.va, and Winston’s “panic button” and “thing he has to use to do the most basic element of his kit” are the same thing. As I said, it HAS to be good because that’s all he’s got.

That’s fair, it’s just the icing (Heh) on top of an already very powerful cake.

Any shield tank would probably love to have Ice Wall instead of their barrier (I know Sig and Orisa would, Reinhardt even would if he got the range of Ice Wall), any tank who isn’t Zarya would love Cryo-Freeze, any close range tank apart from maybe Roadhog would probably be happy switching their primary fire for Mei’s M1 since it auto-wins fights against other tanks…

Shes still the most durable DPS in the entire game.

No, no she isn’t. That would be Doomfist.

1. I’m bilingual.

2. You’re making the assumption that they speak another language. I don’t see anything in the post indicating what you’re saying. There are plenty of people online who are incapable of typing properly. Doesn’t mean they speak a different language.

3. That doesn’t excuse the fact that their post was incoherent. Are you insinuating that people who don’t have English as their first language are incapable of being coherent when they speak? I find that proposition offensive.

4. The point still stands that they are incorrect and if they can’t counter Mei with their main that is a known counter for her, they shouldn’t be vying for nerfs.

McCree’s damage is put down alil now.
imo mei and McCree are about same. Except meis gives her team (mostly just her :smile:) the ability to control the enemy team’s tank.
No matter what, She will always be picked over him for due to how overpower that is.
SHe will be picked more now because she now is the only dive counter too, and dive is make a comeback

Well also, ThicCree isn’t happening anymore anyways.

wait did they update it?
Please tell they didnt change the recovery thing
PLEASE PLEASE
where did they put the changes?

Only change to McCree that went through was the Ult change

No 250hp change
No firerate change

Just 200HP with the usual machine gun fire rate

GOD DAMMIT
was so happy they changed that stupid recovery rate
huh anyway
where did it get posted?

this shows the bug fixes as latest thing?

The Devs did listen - #26 by Lumin-1385

1 Like

Nowadays my winrate and eliminations as Mei has gone down by 10 percent since the adjustment. I welcome it, seeing it as a new challenge. She is not as easy as the previous version - I have to use M2 more than usual because the standard old tactic don’t work on heroes like Genji that well anymore. Hammond can escape easier too.

Even with multifreeze, most enemies at my level don’t bunch up or have a shield tank to nullify my ability.

Wall? Some teams figured out that shooting it or have heroes like Winston, Pharah, Bap, Widow or Ashe to jump over to rescue isolated team mate(s).

She is totally broken i agree. The last hilariously op hero. She also ruins tanking and drives up dps queue times as a result

1. Even if English is their first language, don’t you think its a bad thing to insult him about it? You don’t know who he is, you don’t know his situation.

2. I’m not saying that people who don’t have english as their first language ar incapable of being coherent, but I’m saying that it might not be as easy for them as it is for someone whose main language is english, and for this reason they should not be insulted about it.

I do agree with your 4th argument tho, haha

2 Likes

I actually think Mei is overrated. I’ve played her some after her nerf. (Disclaimer: Not a Mein… ) Before it was stupidly easy to freeze someone and get value. Now, it takes a lot longer and there’s a lot more time to react to that. I’ve gone in on someone like I used to before the nerf, and before the nerf I would have easily gotten a kill and now if I am not more careful I end up getting killed instead.

So, I think she’s actually at an appropriate level. It’s like Sombra all over where lots of people don’t actually want her to be balanced, they want her to be underpowered. Imagine if Sombra was even moderately useful, not OP but maybe Tracer levels of usage. She’d be immediately marked as OP. This is what you have with Mei right now.

1 Like

Most likely this.

Players seems to confuse ‘oppresive’ with ‘overpowered’, or just want to see the hero being played less because of the unfun nature of the hero. Both are subjective.

I’m fine with blizzard nerfing unfun parts of heroes if there is enough player feedback to warrant it, but I do expect Blizzard to come up with compensation buffs to prevent hero from being simply gutted, as in keeping the hero balanced. Unfortunately was this not the case with Sombra.

3 Likes