Mei Revert/Nerf

<—mercy main

I got to deal with game ppl flaming AND the forums flaming me just for using who i liked.

2 Likes

I’d kill to have good Mercy mains on my team.

You were flamed, but at least you could play the game even tho you were getting flamed. I had to deal with flames and getting freaking chain freezes that made me quit the match and go do something else. I’m not asking for gutting the hero, i’m asking for them to fix her primary fire and buff the other parts of her kit and make her stronger there. There is absolutely no freaking way someone who isn’t a Mei player finds her primary fire balance on its current state. I couldn’t care less about the niche/uniqueness of her primary fire when all it does is drive whoever plays tank heroes insane. Play a freaking tank match against Mei and Reaper then come try to discuss me how fair that is.

have.
I use orisa if i am forced to tank (just cause i wanna be able to attack as i dont trust randos v_v)

she can do literally nothign at raneg to your team behind a barrier.

Ur team has 5 other ppl who can work to kill her.

Should I want flankers nerfed just casue they counter my support main self?

Every hero in the game has a counter. Every hero has a place they do betetr than normal at (well maybe not S76) and only heroes who NEED actual changes are hanzo and widow (and same nerf wont work on both as they are problems for different reasons)

and you literally stated you know swapping to another tank would work betetr, but refuse to.

The option is there.
you not doing it is not the mei or reapers fault. it is YOUR fault for being stubborn.

1 Like

You use literally one of the two tanks that can fight her back.

flankers no longer counter supports in the game unless they have impossible to heal burst damage like Reaper and Doom which were meta not too long ago.

I refuse to play Orisa plus i don’t like Hog as much and to play Zarya the other tank needs to play something that helps which is out of my control.

Mei counters a role, not a hero.

really? and she also have 5 people to help her.

Zarya does well. So you have 3.

Yeah, I know, still not great.

I think that Mei just needs a wall tweak, and a freeze tweak.

wall: 1/2 health, 1/2 time it stays up, 1/2 cooldown. It will make her more useful outside of walling the tanks off the team, and give more counterplay to the wall.

and make it so someone is completely unfrozen before accepting new freeze ticks. (So Hammond / Hog) is not so hard countered.

The second is a bit of a nerf, and the first is a bit of a buff overall, so she should land about the same place without being as annoying.

3 Likes

Wall is ok imo. The issue is the freeze buffs that they gave her.

That is a nerf to her but a buff to the overall quality of the game. She is a meta pick rn and its inevitable that many people will get frustrated.

1 Like

It depends on which tank people main on whether they think the wall or the gun is the problem.

This fixes both, and doesn’t dumpster her.

Yeah, and any fixes which don’t break her is fine. She isn’t exactly know for having a pick rate outside of very specific situations.

But I have a real problem with people just trying to dumpster her because they don’t like playing against her.

I don’t like playing against Hanzo, but I don’t try to dumpster him.

She will soon just keep an eye out. I’ve been watching the tournament (breaking barriers) and she is all over the place there.

Neither do i with Mei. I said a few replies ago that my only issue is with primary fire and they can buff any part of the kit that regards her survivability and such as long as they revert the primary fire buffs and make something about chain freeze.

1 Like

Exactly, so giving Hammond a chance to escape seem fine.
I’m up for that, he needs it.

Rein players hate the wall, so changing that is easy, without breaking her. This SHOULD let her be more fun AND seem more fair to be on the receiving end of.

Which is what we should be looking for in a hero.

The counterplay to wall is focus fire which is easier to take down since it cant be healed, bubbled etc… but the counterplay to freeze is return to spawn (just joking lol).

1 Like

So does the heroes Mei is fighting… Your point?

1 Like

The wall is the part of the game which REALLY is a lot of fun as a Mei.

Throwing a wall in front of an Ana, who is a little bit far back into cover is funny as hell.

Walling ulting McCrees.

Having someone come after you when you have high ground, so you jump down, they follow, and you just wall back up instantly is just great.

Throwing a wall under the team when they are graved is wonderful.
Using it to escape a team mate from a junkrat trap is good.

Throwing it between a ulting Zen and his team, is wonderful. Front of a d’va ult.

Walling people just as they are escaping your ult, is a lot of fun.

Throwing it length ways through a choke, so that your team has cover for a moment while you go through it…

etc. etc. etc…

Like, Wall is FAR FAR more than just “put it behind rein so he is walled off”

and if THAT part of the wall kit is the problem, then boy oh boy, do we have a deal for you.

With this, you can nerf the freezygun a little (so it is fair to Hammond) and not dumpster her, AND you can make your poor red team Rein not take up drinking heavily, AND have a happy Mei afterwards.

A Lot of the time, the wall doesn’t need a lot of health to be just what you need at the time. But, you don’t tend to use it like that, because the cooldown is just too painful. So it gets used to split the enemy team at a choke, over and over again.

due to fact i dont trust strangers to do the dmg.

again. PERSONAL choice.

thats a you problem. not others problem.

what role?
many dps wreck her.
brig and moira can kill her.
zarya, orisa, and even hog (thoguh on him it depends on your hooking combo skill)

She has crap threat at range.
She is frail as heck up close (she’ll force to iceblock/wall and escape or die if focused)

I fight mei all time using all 3 roles and sure, she can wreck your team, but she is also easy to shutdown if u pay attention as a team.

yes but unlike most of the heroes she cant use ehr main threat (cc) from any distance but in your face. stay near your team. wanting a hero nerfed from straight refusual to swap is a literal stupid reason to demand nerfs.

She has counters.
She has tanks she can’t kill.
She just requires awareness.

it already lsot like 300 hp on its parts already.

it has a duration of 5 sec…

possibly a acceptable nerf direction (as lowering how often it is up is a nerf that rewards smarter skill usage)

no it isnt.
1/2 hp wall is literally useless that would be 200hp per pillar

and 1/2 cd?(on top of half duration?)

currently u can ahev 1 wall every 15sec (5duratino and 10sec cd)
1/2 that would be 1 wall every 7.5sec…but a wall existing for 2.5sec is LITERALLY useless.

thats a straight nerf.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be that guy, but i’ll be that guy. There is no reason discussing with someone who have over 100 hours of playtime on Mei. You’ll do what it takes to defend her just like i do what it takes to defend Genji when people claim something is wrong with him.

• A said hero has been trash since release and even reworked 2 times.
  • Shield meta became a thing and that hero then became viable because they were good at dealing with shields.
  • People cried and complained about said her being OP.
  • Said hero was nerfed and is once again useless.
  • Shield meta kept on going.

Nothing here helped the core problem of the meta and why said hero became useful. The choice was to nerf a hero and not deal with the core problem first, the shields.

Similar can be said about Moira as well. The only reason she became meta was because of the shields. She was useless in high ranks before that but look what it got her, a nerf. Did it fix the core problem? nope.

Back to Mei… Her counters aren’t all that great right now. The primary one being Pharah can be destroyed by hitscan in 2 or less hits.

actualyl rarely play her anymore xD

I been trying to get my mercy back to #1 and using sombra when i cant use mercy.

oh and even IF I was always using her (im not) I would know how efefctvie she was as I would experience it 1st hand no?

Ask any mei main. Yes, there are situations you can wreck faces. HOWEVER it isnt simply run at tank and freeze em.

andn o I am open to nerfs on any hero.

I am a day 1 Mercy main. I, among others, ASKED for nerfs as soon as we knew 2.0’s kit. Mains didnt want a monster liek her.

Every hero should be balanced.
Should never be a must pick.

2.0 WAS that.

Mei is NOT that.

Mei has many counters.

mobility like tracer, bruisers like brig, ranged like snipers, anti cc heroes like orisa/zarya and more.

YOU are demanding nerfs to an issue YOU can solve but CHOOSE not to and instead whine.

widow i my 5th most played hero. She needs nerfs of some sort.

Just because you play a hero a lot doesnt make you “anti nerf them”.

Should I start grinding 90 hrs on rein so I can say same thing?

Losing is part of competitive games…this isnt some everyone gets a participation trophy thing. You have winners. You have loser. Nothing will change that.

Your entire issue is YOU DONT WANT TO SWAP.
OW is all about the ability to swap who you play.

Imagine if your entire team had no hitscan and enemy had a pharah who was destroying your team
If nobody wanted to bother changing do you expect to win?

also since you seem to have SUCH an issue with her…i suggest duoing with someone who can babysit you and keep the big bad scary mei away from you v_v

3 Likes

I obviously know that

I obviously know that aswell but its almost impossible not to be biased when you have many hours on the hero.

I duo with a friend now, but i’m the Mei doing the work and he is the Reaper or Torb helping me. We never lost a single match on Hanamura with Mei/Torb and many payload maps we simply wreck everyone on Mei Reaper lol. Its like a wise person once said: can’t beat them? join them.

Just make her harder to destroy a game. She was always a stupid hero, designed to destroy the fun of the game. After all changes she became an op hero

Fine, keep it up for 5 seconds then.

It doesn’t change the basic idea which is have the wall available more than one in the fight, but make it that it isn’t all “we have it at the choke, or nothing”

By making the wall ‘fan the hammerable’, then it isn’t a complete death sentence for the Rein if he is walled off, but, having the Mei wall then available quickly means that Mei can use it for all of the other uses of the wall (and there are MANY, as you should know)

Mei under this gets twice as many walls. Which means that you can use it for more day to day useful stuff.

You know, stopping people escaping your ult, putting it in front of McCree’s ult. Jumping down from high ground, when someone comes up after you, and then popping back to high ground the moment they jump down after you.

Throwing it in between them and their supports. Walling Zen off from his team when he ults.

Making sure that Hog doesn’t escape from your freezes, Stopping Winston from escaping.

etc.

All of the Mei things you will want to do more of with Mei.

Certainly all of the Mei stuff I wanted to do more of with Mei :wink:

I’d make the swap for 1/2 health for 1/2 cooldown instantly, and it seems like the tank mains would do the same.

That would rule me out as well. I have a lot of Mei hours.