Mei Revert/Nerf

A while back during Dive and later GOATS Mei received the ability to multi freeze or chain freeze. The way they worked it was “Endothermic freeze now pierces through enemies”. This needs to be reverted, removed, whatever ever you want yo call it. She’s insanely potent now and we’re not in a tripe tank triple support meta anymore so changes that these are outdated and don’t fit with the balance or the game. Additionally, a change was made that increased the slow time before a freeze from 1.0 seconds to 1.5 seconds. This needs to be reverted too, as soon as her freeze ray even brushes up against you you’re dead for unless you have Moira’s fade or widow’s grapple or Dva’s boost. I think we can all agree she needs some nerfs and these two reverts in specific would line her up with how she should be with 2-2-2 setting

37 Likes

Prepare to get burned alive. No matter how good your points are The Mei mains will come for your soul.

22 Likes

I don’t agree.

The extension to the freeze time was to deal with mobility characters and those have not gone away, the piercing buff allowed her to pick a target to freeze when there was more than one target and that has not gone away either.

I don’t remember the devs saying anything to the effect of “to counter triple tank” when she got her piercing buff. This was the patch text:
This change helps Mei combat multiple targets that are clumped up and makes it easier for her to keep freezing a specific target if another enemy gets in the way. This change also helps her ultimate more consistently freeze enemy targets, especially if they are near each other. Note: While her shots now pierce enemies, they still do not pierce barriers such as Reinhardt’s shield.

17 Likes

I can’t wait for the first “well technically she can’t be OP or broken because her damage is too low!”

15 Likes

She received that buff half a year before GOATs existed.

Mostly because she was kinda useless during Dive meta, because she couldn’t deal with more than 1 enemy at a time.

11 Likes

I know. I found out the best way to not get stressed with Mei is just to be the Mei. Climbed 250Sr in a few hours using only her and Reaper. No point in trying to deal damage when the best utility is position myself and pierce multiple people with the freeze so my team kill them lol

1 Like

I think she just needs it to take like 0.3 seconds longer to freeze

3 Likes

Yeah i hate her alright. Happy?

1 Like

Ya I can see that from the reply below yours ahhahah, I mean if mei is the devil I guess they’re her minions

Thank you for admitting your bias.

2 Likes

Not bias when i like to play the hero. I just think her primary fire is not healthy for the game.

5 Likes

The whole point of the Mccree, reaper, mei, Moira etc buffs during GOATS was to directly counter the meta whether they say it or not. And it might’ve worked during GOATS but it feels crazy OP right now

2 Likes

It’s a real shame how Mei has been one of the lowest picks since release and just NOW this is a problem.

1 Like

Amen, it’s ridiculous how fast she can freeze an enemy without even aiming at them, just in their general vicinity

4 Likes

Because she got buffed like 12 times in a row and then role queue happened?

3 Likes

She is mid tier on pick rate but in terms of meta she is insanely meta right now, where Doomfist isn’t as strong cause the meta is shifting, mei is even more powerful, she needs a nerf nerf of discussion

I just think it needs a slight increase. It shouldn’t take forever to freeze someone but pretty much if she slows you you’re getting frozen unless you’re Orisa or have mobility. This might give walled off targets (like Rein) a little bit more of a chance to survive

1 Like

This isn’t it, chief.

The only nerf to Mei I would consent would be okay and not ruin the character, is if there was a small window - say 1.5 to 2 seconds after being frozen - where a player had immunity to slow / freeze.

That way heavier characters with mobility moves like Rein, Hammond, and Winston have a chance to get away and not be stunlocked. But it would also reward skilled Mei players who are able to maneuver and capture a target again.

I think the slowing effect coupled with the freeze is way too OP, it should be either one or the other and sense freezing is her whole thing I agree her time to slow should be nerfed

This is an assumption by the playerbase and as such I cannot really give it much weight.

2 Likes