Mei needs something

Devs don’t want you to play W+M1 Mei, they want you to use her M2…

Oh sorry, I forgot, there are hitscans in the game, not worth to use her M2 projectiles for the job when you can use more reliable heroes.

2 Likes

I want her ammo to go to 150 or 160, she’s a reload simulator right now.

1 Like

Many characters became more of a reload simulator right now, even Widowmaker.
Mei is not alone in that aspect. The problem is her competitors being just more reliable.

They are leaving her unplayable with no compensation and probably giving her a rework with OW2 in despair of making people come back but most likely not so many of us will return to this game when they do such injustice to these heroes
At least give her a better fire rate and revert the cryo change idk, she’ll still be worst character in the game maybe a bit better than Bastion

Mei is probably one my favorite characters in the game. It just sucks that they’re leaving her in the dirt.

You are right, but not always.

A shame you didn’t know how to use a shield, use c/c, mobility, teamwork, self-sustain, or aim your shots to counter it.

4 Likes

I mean when a character is nerfed that much then it’s probably good to rework them. Many want her to be a tank and I think the devs said that could be possible don’t quote me in that. I’d like it so that when she cryofrezez her gun is reloaded. Like reaper when he uses wraith form. But I don’t have too many ideas because buffing mei will cause a flame war and they’ll prob nerf her when she becomes somewhat good

Just buff her ammo to 160, that will make me happy.

1 Like

Wow, never had a death in ow huh? Which owl team do you play for?

My point is an it’s entirely fair ability that only requires knowledge of basic gameplay mechanics to counter. Every character has some means of avoiding it.

1 Like

I mean she was a rounded character since launch till beginning of 2020 (so for entire game existence) but when she became meta used as a 3rd mini tank in 2-2-2 comp they started nerfing everything in her kit(with no compensation for something else) just to take her out. They know she is underperforming but are just leaving her in this state without doing any experimentals and they probably hope that an eventual OW2 rework with her will do wonders

1 Like

No need to be toxic.

1 Like

In fairness, I suppose my original response could be interpreted as antagonistic.

Let’s hope. The last thing I want is for a character to be ignored for that long and anyone that wants changes are told that their crazy or dumb( cough cough sym). Still though it’d be Interesting to have a mei tank

1 Like

I mean it wasn’t though, it was just giving suggestions on how to counter mei’s freeze.

2 Likes

I absolutely wish they would, OP. :T

Good thing then that I wasn’t.

You were unnecessarily rude

Caring does not mean making every popular request for change. Remember, close to the whole player base is silver to plat. Is that who we want to balance the game? I sure don’t.