Mei literally can't headshot frozen targets - How is this not a concern?

So this isn’t just me aiming badly all of the sudden?
This explains why my headshots dealt no damage at all, I died quite a few times because of this bug when I should have killed the enemy.
Thank you for making a post about this issue.

still better than McMeme

Actually there was a point where the Mei hate died down and Mei was actually in a balanced state and people were saying to just leave her alone now. But no. Blizzard being the retards they are decided to nerf her like 3 more times after that.

the reason for mei’s nerfs were complaints about cc and lost of control of character yet almost every hero released later had some sort of cc mechanic. then they buff characters with cc mechanics like road, blizzard can never balance this game

The time on Freeze is so short now that unless they are on top of each other, it doesn’t do much. OTOH, I do agree with you.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the fault of the professional players, professional as in “paid to do the task not doing it out of enjoyment”. They want to treat this game like a job, because to them the game literally is a job. They do it because they get paid to do it.

NOT professional in the sense of “professional standards” there are none.

PS: Mei is not my hero.

But isn’t it typical to claim every statement of fact is a question of motive, classic extremist reasoning. I never enjoyed playing mei but I’m not so selfish to say “hey I don’t care if people are screwed over as long as it’s not me”

1 Like

Do other heroes take away the fun of playing whole tank role?

Idk if you played tank, Mei only counters Dva, used to be skill match-up against Hog, Rein and Winston, and was countered by Zarya, Orisa and Sigma (before). She’s more than reasonable to fight against considering the effort she needs to put in to get at least some value and how little mobility she has.

It looks more like the frozen target hitbox resets to the frozen hero’s default idle position, regardless of what animation the target was frozen in.

1 Like

This have “Doom with 20+ bugs” vibes

Doomfist, pharah, any high mobility hero can really muck up a low mobility tank and its worse when they can access high ground but you cant.

vs the high mobility tanks are hated by your teammates or bad lmao.

No hero deserves to be bad because it makes the game unfun. No one likes losing ever. If it wasn’t mei, there’s always someone else people will complain about.

As a (former) Mei main with over 300 hours on her, I would take any of the following as a Mei buff: either…

-Freeze times reverted + ammo back to 200
(Mei is almost unplayable due to this. I had her freeze times mastered in my head and nowadays I ALWAYS either stop short of freezing an enemy and let them get away or I only stop when they’re definitely frozen which not only gives me just 1 icicle shot, but also wastes more ammo, the thing that’s in such jeopardy)

-Mei is healable in cryo once again + cryo reloads ammo
(Idk why this nerf even happened. It’s not like Mei’s already healing while in iceblock or something. It also rewards Mei for keeping in LOS of team-mates and discourages flanking solo Meis that people seem to hate so much.)

-Wall CD time reverted
(This has gotten me killed more times than trying to stall with cryo. So many times I have a wall planned with the old CD times in my head, only for no wall to come out because there’s still 2-3 seconds left on CD.)

Here’s hoping my Ice Queen gets out of the Brig dumpster soon…

I am creating a collection of issues with Mei and this is number 1 for me.

1 Like

IQ 100

Just tuck your head into your armor. Brig is smart.

People vastly underestimate the impact that treating a game like OW from a paid perspective has vs. it being strictly for fun. It’s huge.

1 Like

Bro, i just wanted a nerf to the freeze beam and they literally made her unplayable
and now this -.- (i play mostly Mei as projectile cause she was safer than playing Genji)

it’s not just Mei. I’ve had this happen with Hanzo twice already (not against frozen targets) Shoot the head, get the blood animation, but no hitmarker and no damage.
And no, it’s not a no-reg. I shot multiple arrows at a stationary target (another hanzo). I’ve been trying to reproduce it, but no luck so far. It did happen again by chance tho, didn’t manage to record in time unfortunately.

Maybe projectiles are just generally bugged for head hitboxes?
Obviously Hanzo still hits a lot of headshots in the average game, which is why it’s been hard to reproduce. And during normal games with moving targets I’d wager it’s impossible to tell the difference between the bug and a noreg.

Hitboxes have been trash since the beginning of the game. Please Blizz sell the game property to a competent studio already

Why do people keep vying for this? For one, it predated goats. Secondly, it’s necessary. Previously, it could be cheesed by a Sombra or Tracer just running into the trail when trying to freeze anyone, completely nullifying it. It was ridiculously easy to counter. Sure, maybe cap the amount that gets frozen to 2 (and other enemies just take damage from pierce), but it needs to stay in some capacity or the primary is useless.

I don’t even see why anyone has an issue with it. If you’re playing dive, you’re not clumped together. If you’re playing most other comps, you have shields. Teams need to really mess up for Mei to get a multi-freeze on them all.

1 Like

Thank you all for taking time to understand and read about Mitchel’s excellent breakdown of the bug.

Thank you for discussing it and helping spread somewhat awerness of the crucial issue Mei is currently facing.

Hopefully we caught the attention of some devs and a fix will come in the not so distant future. :slight_smile:

1 Like