Mei ice wall is a balance problem

just do that without the HP change, and moving to tank.

I don’t think the health change is required.

Shoot the wall? How long do you think a solo tank can survive against 6 opponents? Tank is long dead before enough pillars are destroyed or a support can get around the wall.

1 Like

True enough.
It probably isn’t required.

You will be surprised how effective the focus fire on the wall can do. Besides a good tank is able to trick Mei into launching premature wall then it is on CD, rush in to kill Mei.

Simple, wall cant go through/behind barriers.

3 Likes

Huh, that’s pretty clever.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. Learn to play around it.

1 Like

Except it stops things like pushing bastion above a barrier, freezing torb turrets behind barriers, etc.

Halt still works for that.

True, but Bastion could use the buff.

And Torb isn’t much better.

I hate to see clever counterplay going away.

as for walls at choke, Mei is typically standing where she wouldn’t be effected by this anyway.

Most of the time, you are standing at the side of the choke, so they Rein would have to make the choice of being walled out, or just killed by the rest of the team.

He can’t defend against both.

I had thought about it before when I was looking at how to fix Mei, but I ended up falling on to the shorter cooldown, less health wall.

there is a fundamental irony in using mei’s wall in that, while it may separate teammates, it often groups them together behind the wall as well. (though this isn’t so much a problem in comp since people generally play grouped up)

i think about it a lot. mei’s wall can actually hinder your team ~7 seconds after use if the enemies walk around to a different path and emerge as a 5 or 6 player mass, compared to the moment before when everyone was doing their own thing spread apart.

the wall is strong but it can and does backfire in this way

Current problem is that even if a pillar of the wall is shot-down, it’s still not wide enough for a main tank to retreat from iirc, at least not for rein.

There are several solutions to the wall problem.

• Reduce wall health from 400 to 300. This is probably the worst solution as it is just a straight “shield” number nerf and solves issue by brute force.

or

• Reduce wall pillar number to 3 while maintaining the same total wall width. In this case Destroying 1 pillar is enough to allow most tanks, if not all, to pass through.

or

• Nerf the duration from 5s to 3.5s. It would act less like a shield and more like a interruption tool.

I say just move her to the tank category flat out without nerfing her wall. Just the act of moving her would improve the game.

Lol, they could put the wall on a resource meter :stuck_out_tongue:

How does the tank bait the ice wall and make a successful rush to the Mei? Mei still has freeze, so you can’t exactly rush in. Also, these Mei ice wall are not from mid to long range, they are used up close. The opposing team is pushing up close range and Mei separates the team, follow up with a rush to 2v6 or 3v6. Even if you line up the team, so tanks can’t be separated up front, the ice wall can be turned side ways, still splitting up the team.

But why?

Because it’s not a serious comment and you play D.va.

Ah yes, the 3.3% pickrate “must pick”
And I thought these forums couldn’t get any worse at lying.

3 Likes

McCree has a high pick rate now at all ranks.

I guess we are going to have to nerf McCree as being a must pick then :slight_smile:

He has a high pick and win rate, which means he is stronger, so, if Mei needs nerfs, then McCree ABSOLUTELY does.

It was a shame, I liked McCree :wink:

Yeah, Forums be crazy :wink:

2 Likes