Mei and reaper need a nerf

Dmg is the only thing Reaper has and its not even enough to be worth picking him.

2 Likes

I play all three roles equally, and my nominal main is Mei. I would easily drop multi-target freeze but have the wall nerfs reverted.

This - every game I play in where there is an unchecked enemy Mei, she runs rampant. Focus her, she’s in trouble. But players are weird, even calling it out they will often ignore her :man_shrugging:

Then they come to the forum demanding nerfs.

He had one.

He cannot under normal circumstances.
If you lost your barrier and fortify is on CD, it’s on you.
Orisa should have the advantage over Reaper and Mei.

1 Like

if a reaper 2 shots an orisa that orisa was probably blind, deaf and dumb.

2 Likes

Mei and reaper are sub par

They should be buffed

3 Likes

Yea, just ignore the 12 or so nerfs Mei was hit with because she kept piercing freeze. Ignore the fact that freeze itself got nerfed so much it’s completely useless for anything but walled off tanks or annoying a hog.

Reaper on the other hand is outshined by every single flanker in the game. Hanzo and mccree have better burst damage, mobility and range damage. Tracer is Reaper but with 100hp less and better at everything else.

1 Like

Better yet, use them as a standard to start nerfing other heroes.

3 Likes

What?

do we play the same game? Reaper hasn’t had 50% in years lol.

Also he’s been changed a lot…

2 Likes

Reaper is already down there with Sombra and Bastion on the top 3 least played. (Last I checked at least).

3 Likes

Sounds like the OP has never actually tried to play Mei.

On top of the piles of nerfs she’s been getting, she got a couple stealth nerfs over the last bunch of patches that are conveniently unlisted that cripple her ability to function:

• Freezing targets takes 31 ammo instead of 30, which breaks a critical threshold given she has 120 ammo (would be a non-issue if she had 124 ammo or more)
  • Cryo-freeze (ice block) now has a ~500ms activation delay between pressing the button and it activating. It’s very difficult to use reactively against certain things like flashbang, hook, and shatter now.

On top of that, the nerf to her ult hurts combined with the changes to how freezing works means that it’s trivial for every player to walk out of Blizzard if they are moving out of it from the moment it activates. Mei basically has to catch you with the ult AND her primary to guarantee anything, or hope you’re distracted enough to either walk into it by mistake or that the map geometry prevents an enemy from walking out yourself.

And that doesn’t even account for the plethora of bugs the hero has which game-breaking affects on literally every. part. of. her. kit. Do you play a hero with a stun? Do you want to piss off a teammate that’s playing Mei? Stun someone she manages to freeze with her ult and then leave them in the ult. They’ll be immune to freeze until the ult ends and any slow effect on them wears off.

Playing Mei right now is an exercise in frustration. She can still shine when the right circumstances come up, but you’re fighting the enemy team and the game engine at this point.

1 Like

:neutral_face:

Damn bro what a valid argument,not like they’re barely played anymore

1 Like

Is this a measurable thing because I’ve been going full tilt trying to play Mei for aslong as I can remember with her iceblock not activating when I click. I even bound it to mwheel down to activate it as soon as I could and it still consistently gets me killed not going into it and if this has happened that will explain alot.

Absolutely not. Playing these two is just flatout not fun the majority of the time because you feel completely helpless in alot of situations with what you can do. Having every hero feel like this will not make the game enjoyable at all and will just increase the helplessness feeling this game already suffers from.

You wont be helpless if the other heroes are not outright superior to the one you are playing.

For your typical player? Not really. To do it scientifically, we’d need to do something like what the guy running BattleNonsense youtube channel does with a high-speed camera and a keyboard/mouse modified to have an LED showing actuation. And even with that, without being able to go back to the patch before they broke it to test there, we wouldn’t have an objective comparison to point at.

All I know is somewhere around/after 1.57 is when it changed/broke. And I only know that because that’s the last time I bothered to catalog and report bugs for these lazy-a** devs, since it never even gets acknowledged in any capacity anyway. Given that my last post didn’t include it, it wasn’t an issue then.

I’ve played Mei since S3, and while cryo has always had a bit of a delay, it was never as bad as post-1.57 made it, so I had previously been attributing it to lag. But even still, it was enough that I actually pestered one of the devs that used to frequent the /r/overwatch discord, and they actually confirmed that there’s no supposed to be any delay.

https://i.imgur.com/0C1flSJ.png

Even with how slow it used to be, you still had enough time to react to other stuns and whatnot. But when it broke, it felt like night and day to me. Things I used to bait and stop with no effort are nearly frame-perfect now. Situations I would breeze through and cryo cancel out of are now just killing me outright. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Sorry, this got a bit rambly and may not actually answer your question.

You mean the only thing that hasn’t been nerfed?

:rofl:

No.

Considering the terrible spot Reaper has been in for years at this point, I’m surprised he can even do that.

No I don’t blame you. Been a Mei main since I first got the game and felt the same, it combined with things phasing through walls and such constantly just drop kicks my mood to play.
They’ll happily butcher her entire kit but not actually improve it. Also idk if you knew but you can now have cryo cancelled, had it happen a couple of times, here’s a post I did where in typical fashion the tech support tried to explain it away rather than actually take it as an actual bug.

It’s honestly so sad they gave her so many nerfs one after another without letting it set, no remorse for gutting the hero or anything. Recently I even asked on r/MeiMains people’s thoughts on which nerf killed her the most and, to no surprise, her ammo cut in half and the freeze stun duration lowered (which got rid of her double headshot combo) were the most common answers, taking out her viability, fun and making her feel awful, unrewarding and painful to play…

Combined with the other stuff, adding salt to injury with the cryo change and taking out her means of countering heroes with mobility with those slow effects tampered, her beam became complete trash and not worth using over anything. Blizzard still feels buggy and you lose it 9 times out of 10 because of the cast time and you gotta be careful to all the spam damage in this game which obliterates you.

If people ever feel that their helo is horrible to play then they need to see what complete unplayable and no niche feels like.

edit: ironically, experimental Moira slows better than Mei did for the last 2 years too

Mei and reaper are some of the weakest damage heroes in the game

If anything they need buffs (I’d rather they nerf the strongest heroes instead though, power creep is too much nowadays)

1 Like

Yup, I’ve had that happen a bunch, but I’ve never captured a clip of it where it wasn’t clear/obvious enough that a casual viewer wouldn’t explain it away as “lag” (much like your post).

While it might very well be lag, the response I would have to that is: Okay, so it’s lag that caused cryo to not actually go off. Fine. But if that’s the case why the f is cryo still on cooldown!? If I was stunned/killed before I had a chance to use an ability thus, I never used the ability in reality, don’t put it on cooldown like I had. Either the bug is my invul. ability is broken, or leaving it on cooldown when it never activated is a bug, and you can take your pick.

This. Mei’s not even weak, it’s just that everyone else (see: the hitscan trio) are so bloody strong and consistent, it’s hard to justify anyone picking any of the utility heroes and needing things like strategy and teamwork, when I can just plink my target to death twice as fast from much further away without needing to worry about what my team’s doing, predicting what the enemy’s doing, or cooldown management.

1 Like