{MEGATHREAD} Console Players Still Feeling like 2nd Class Citizens. [400 likes, 1500 responses]

Because it would force them to take action. And thry don’t plan on doing that… it’s really disheartening…every time I feel this neglected by OW and ignored i tend to look for comfort with paladins… and it works… the gsme has really improved a lot… since they are listening to their console community.

Ow improved immensely with Linear ramp and aim ease in. But it took them a year to implement linear ramp and another 4-6months for the aim ease in…
It’s now again 6+months without a real console adjustement…

Maybe they have planned a yearly “fix” for console players on uprising… because you know, it’s the aniversary of us console players being associated to null sector

1 Like

Being an ex console player (Since I permanently quit the game), I think Overwatch shouldn’t have been made on console. Scratch that, Overwatch shouldn’t have been made at all.

2 Likes

Forgot to respond to this question at the time, so that’s my bad.

Anyways, I personally haven’t gotten a response. However, that’s likely due to the fact that I don’t often report people. And that’s because I personally avoid the toxic cesspool that is competitive. Throwers are everywhere and it thus becomes a matter of “stomp or get stomped” in the rank I’d place at (which would be platinum-diamond).

ikr… This is literally depressing. They need to understand that there are two sets of player-bases that they need to be ready to cater to, not just one (I’m combining PS4 and XB1 into the same player-base here since they are both still Consoles).

I’m only wishful thinking here, but I’m hoping it’s the case. The two PTR patches that have been released in this current iteration total up to 16GB (a 14.5 GB patch and then a 1.4GB patch from yesterday). I’m shocked at the total size of this considering that they streamlined the patching process to significantly reduce the size of future patches back in August 2017. I know there’s obviously more that they did outside of what is shown. However, unless they somehow ended up fixing 10,000+ bugs in one patch in addition to what the community already knows of (Archives event), there’s pretty much no way that the patches should add up to that size.

1 Like

Sorry to be that guy… but STOP IT! Don’t you DARE believe it’s going to happen. You’ll only feel crushed again…
Plus it would be fairly easy to see: go in ptr and use a controller and check the options… . But don’t raise your hopes

This wouldn’t do anything, considering that every control on the PC version can work if you use a Controller. The only thing that needs to be done is binding said control

Yeah of course but I meant something HUGE and JUICY like deaszone sliders or something like that!

Wow. Just…wow. I knew the devs paid less attention to the console community, but the scope of this is just…staggering.

(all things taken from CR3D1T’s post. I did have to look some stuff up on the Internet, since I don’t play on console)
-FoV slider
-inner and outer deadzone sliders
-holds/triggers/other customization options
-maximum acceleration speed of fully tilted sticks
-improved communication wheel
-ability to easily mute headset in-game, switch between group/team/match comms
-integrate chat into game
-aiming system customs
-alternative to create macros to make up for not having specific shortcuts PCs have

That’s a lot, and do you think Blizzard has added any of that? Nope. That would require Blizzard to actually communicate to console players, and that’s apparently something they don’t want to do.

Don’t use the “they’re not active on the forums” excuse, because they are - they just don’t reply to this thread, or any thread about consoles. Do they reply to threads about new skins and sit emotes? Of course they do! It’s their job to interact with the community! Do they reply to this thread, or any thread talking about consoles? Of course…not.

This thread, and all of the threads about consoles, need to be answered! It’s not right for Blizzard to ignore a part of the community, because they’re as much players of the game as the PC community is! I don’t actually play console, but I am dedicated to doing the “right” thing, which is to help console players get the same recognition - and respect - PC players do.

Thank you for your time.

5 Likes

I’m actually at the point where I think I’ll take a break from Overwatch and OW related media (which I already consume too much of anyway; my youtube-feed is pretty much 80% ow content at any given time).
I’ll check this thread and /r/OWconsole every once in a while to see if there’s any console related news.
I just want the best possible controls for this game. Our peripherals already limits us console plebs from the get-go, and I don’t see a point in limiting us even more…

And yeah, I know the issues I have with the deadzones may come off as exaggerated to alot of people, and some might think “lul, just adapt duuuude”, but it’s been so jarring to revisit OW after sessions with fps’s that just feels better, y’know…
…and besides; adaptation (or adaptability? idk how to engrish) isn’t only the players “responsibility” nowadays, not when games have turned into constantly evolving online services.
I mean; I’ve adapted to a fair share of jank in the past. Like, a F-tier character in a fighting game remained a F-tier character 'til a sequel came out, cuz there wasn’t some week one hotfix back then, but some poor bastards decided to main Sean in Street Fighter 3: 3S anyway, and they made it work (or at least tried to…). Eh, I’m rambling…

(And no, I’m not a delusional idiot who thinks me taking a break or quitting Overwatch have any impact on anything whatsoever, and nor do I think anyone cares, or even should care for that matter. I’m just a dude who wants to vent)

(Pls engage with your console crowd Blizzyboo, just a li’l bit)

tl;dr
What’s the deal with airline food?

He’s an obvious troll. I wouldn’t feed him.

1 Like

Seeing this was a nice breath of fresh air. And to that I must say “thank you.”

Seriously, a lot of the things that we’ve been asking of (most of which we’ve asked for even before the Overwatch League was announced back in Blizzcon 2016) aren’t even that hard to implement. In fact, most games that are already out on Consoles (both older and current) have been able to implement items that are on that list there.

Yeah, it’s a large list, but a lot of the items can’t be that hard to have implemented in Consoles. Even more so if it’s already on PC and works just fine with a Controller (I’m looking at you, Toggle UI Control <.<). Literally the last time that any member of the Overwatch Dev Team has responded to a thread trying to address Console-Specific concerns on the Main Overwatch Forums dates back to the old forums, with said post made on January 18th, 2018. Even on the new forums, they by some dog-talking level witchcraft can’t get one of them to take 15-20 minutes out of 1 day to respond to their Console Players.

This is made even more obvious by the fact that they weren’t transparent to their Console Players in the very patch notes that they released on March 20th, 2018. This was the patch that added the Toggle UI and Push to Talk Controls on Console, yet it was so very conveniently left out the patch notes. I wonder why… Also, as of this post, the Push to Talk Control is useless on Console because there is no way to change Voice Chat Modes (it’s stuck on Open Mic, and there’s no way to change it over to Push to Talk on Consoles).

This was why I made sure to link specific posts from members of the Development Team in other threads. It was done to prove my point that they clearly have the time to respond to threads on the Main Overwatch Forums.

Yeah, we still paid for the same game! Those of us that are Console Players here on the forums should not be ignored by Blizzard just because we have a preference of playing on Console over PC!

1 Like

Unfortunately we may have to face the fact that we are dealing with a company that, while is one of the best PC developers in the world, is a second tier console developer. They simply don’t have the expertise to implement some things that are commonly done by more experienced console developers.

We saw this last year with the linear ramp issues, where they had to go to another developer for help. A good idea in this case; hopefully they may do the same thing for other issues on the list.

They don’t really have to go to another company as activision and blizzard enrtertainment are fused(?) Or basically blizzard is part of activision. You can’t tell me Blizz is not allowed to go over to activision and ask them for help. Not in a million years is this a valid excuse. The reason for no action being taken is not thwm having difficulties. I really don’t think i’m overestimating their team. When they want they can release a hotfix/patch in less than 24h. Yes on console you need permission and it might take longer but we’re well beyond this problem as it stands!

Imagine if PC Players would still not have something as basic as an fov slider or render buffering (or whatever it’s called, haven’t had a oc in years) or a messed up sensitivity setting? Like i don’t know, move your mouse by 2 inches and still have no movement registration?!

The game would have sunken into oblivion in less than a week. But we were stuoid enough to keep up with that garbage and think they would fix this in due time…
It’s been 22 MONTHS!!!

Honestly, thank you, I really appreciate this from a PC player. It changes from the " here’s a solution, switch to pc you console pleb"

4 Likes

Don’t let this thread die !

2 Likes

It won’t die. I have absolute faith that the thread will be accidentally noticed by a PC master racist, who will appear in the thread to hurl moronic insults, not realizing he or she is actually helping by keeping the thread alive.

That, or someone will notice a new feature was added to the PC version that was left out of the console version, despite said feature being so easy to include on console that three person indy game developer companies include it on their game. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Here’s hoping that we can get this to work for us console players! I always found it ironic how they charge console more money for a game that is only half of what it is for PC :confused: They didn’t even give us the option of whether or not we could get the “Origins Edition” by choice like PC, which was always odd to me?

Does anyone know when the next BIG AMA will take place? Bot someone who takes care of lore stuff or a voice actor but an actuall main gamedev? Someone like Jeff, Geoff, etc? Because at this point, except exposing them in front of a question regarding our concerns in public, i don’t see nor know amof a way to get anything done here…

People were racing about the next OWL drama and get attention to it for minor stories only to blow them out of proportions when in reality there is actually a real story here about how probably half the community os being ignored only foe being on another support/device…

I am feeling the same degree of frustration I felt last year around the uorising event and we still had garbage aiming…

1 Like

I heard something about the $60 price point being a requirement for new releases on consoles at the time. At the very least it could have hurt sales at the time as a console new release with a sub $60 price would raise red flags with consumers. Many see a “discounted” new release as an indicator that the game is subpar.

Ahh true. Most games are expensive console wise that way.

Wow… so look at this response of Daddy jeff:

Fun fact: you don’t actually get into a match faster when skipping the end of round flow (victory poses, POTG, cards, stats etc.). You don’t get entered into the matchmaking queue until your previous match resolves completely. Most people leave at “Victory/Defeat” because they think they are “speeding up” getting into the next match.

And later he responds with a
“Nope.(20 characters)”

Like seriously?! Btw: it was a topic regarding the fact that players leave comp matches as soon as victory defeat screen appears…

I’m just baffled, over and over…

It was an easy question that could be answered quickly. This thread? Probably would involve meeting with some of the engineers to see what from the list was feasible, developing a time table for what can be addressed, and then figuring out a way to discuss what’s going to happen without pissing off the console community further, or setting unrealistic expectations.