[MEGA-THREAD] Sombra's Base Movement Speed Changes 💜

She will still be that HAXXOR :wink: the speed difference will not be noticeable at all to most people.

It would only increase to 0.5 which is not that much at all.

However, they could always cap it , but that means they would have to work with number if paired up with Lucio etc.

If anything the speed increase would help her dodge those random flying bullets that was not aim towards her :wink:

2 Likes

EXACTLY, she still has garbage damage, while tracer can exploit her with pulse bomb, and genji…
So we NEED A NEW HERO, i mean its time to rework REIN
REIN INTO GUTS
Delete his UNCOOL shield.
Only 10 base movement, caz he is strong, and clang hammer, without ult ability)

1 Like

I mean :wink:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

They’re both 6 m/s right now

1 Like

I would rather do this instead:
I think I have an idea on how to improve Sombra and make her overall better. While I have heard talk about the bugs and LOS issue, I don’t fully understand so I can’t think of something to fix that.

The thing is, Sombra is a STEALTH hero. She should have the tools to sneak around, get behind the enemy, hack or eliminate an enemy and get out asap. Even in team fights she should be able to have enough mobility to slip through and surprise the enemy. So I made a rework for her stealth ability that should give her more mobility for staying on the point, to get around quicker and overall, perform her role better. Plus I think it could make it really fun for Sombra players to use and would be very enjoyable. Could shake things up.

Hope you guys like it.

Sombra stealth rework

-Activating ability puts her into detected mode.
• Detected mode has the same visuals
• Gives her the speed post she usually gets from before
• Activates instantly
• Can stay in detected mode indefinitely (similar to how soldier 76’s sprint ability works)
• Cannot be taken out of ability by damage.
• Can only exit out by pressing the ability button again
• Gives her more options for mobility, escaping, flanking and stalling on point
-Pressing the melee button while in detected mode activates undetected mode AKA stealth mode.
• Cloak time is 0.4 seconds
• Decloak time is 0.3 seconds
• Sound que is reduced to a 5-meter radius
• Timer is replaced with a resource gauge
• Lasts for 12 seconds when fully charged
• Takes 15 seconds to recharge
• Recharge delay is 1 second
• If detected, she will go back into detected mode allowing her to keep her speed boost
• Can no longer be detected by bumping into enemy players
• Can be detected by wall hacks, damage and crowd control
• If detected by any of the above, stealth mode will go on cooldown of 3 seconds before being able to use stealth mode again
• Can exit out of stealth mode by pressing the melee button again
• Can exit out of ability completely by pressing ability button which puts her back into stealth mode when ability button is pressed again rather than going into detected mode first

If you are having a hard time visualizing it, It kinda looks similar to her undetected highlight intro.

2 Likes

This.

I like these ideas!

1 Like

On another side, if it makes somebody feels more “happy?” , so why not.
Let Sombra run with her best friend Tracer and katana_dude.

“oh noooo that’s not right im zen main ><”

1 Like

I honestly want to see a cinematic of Tracer and Sombra going at it.

1 Like

I am happy you like my ideas. I always was most interested in stealth as the most fun part of her kit. This buff would make it more fun to use stealth and would definitely help her get around like a sombra (Spanish for shadow)

1 Like

I like the idea, though I think they haven’t given sombra that bit of MS because she can accelerate quite a bit while in stealth, that said I think Tracer can cover far more ground than Sombra with blinks and she has it, so… yeah, give sombra this!

2 Likes

Like I said, I really love those idea actually :heart:

AGREED. That is only through stealth though, but I do understand, especially since she can be not out of stealth by one damage.

EDIT: Make sure to share this link so we can at least make this dream come to reality!

The more i think about it the more i like the suggestion i read, to make hack stun enemies and not take there ability.
It is “unfun” getting hacked and common (not in the spotlight)
getting stuned/stoped
(Mei, McCree, Brigitte, Road Hog and to some extend Orisa…).
So if i have to “hack” a target for (casttime) 0.65 Sec i shoud stun the enemy for ~1,2 sec.
McCree casttime=0.5 sec stun 0,7 sec,
Brigitte casttime ? stun 1 sec.
Her EMP can stay the same or stun, it coud even do both but needs to be nerfed to get her ult slower or shorter range.
That way it is not “unfun” loseing all abilitys and beeing able to do all the cool stuff your char can do and Sombra is more independent from her team. (gets more single kills)

Any suggestions?

Sry for typos not a native English speacker

1 Like

If they so that, then hack need to inflict damage towards the target.

Why does Zen not? He floats

1 Like

I mean we can always have he sprint like Solider 76 :wink:

How about blindness and loss of abilities instead of a stun? Not crazy long but long enough to matter. It also kinda suits her lore compared to a stun.

Honestly, I love HACK as it fit her personalty to manipulate ones doing and turn his or her most strongest ability into his or her greatest weakness.

Hopefully Jeff see this post since they are responding to threads.

1 Like