McCree Buff Roll Reset on Elimination

I would think that it could be balanced if said passive resetting combat roll was on a cooldown of 10 seconds.

McCree is already in a great spot

Dont fix what isnt broken

2 Likes

Why? Bastion is strong hes just very niche and requires team help. Unless you want to take away his turret mode I don’t think he will ever be different than that. I think hes fine.

Another option would just be to allow him to build two roll charges like Junkrat’s mines.

I would be fine with that also. I just like the idea of it being skill based a little more.

“Niche”

If you won’t let us attempt to fix ourselves, Just let us DIE ALREADY.

THIS IS THE ENTIRE PROBLEM^^^

Not just team work… An Entire team, Built ONLY Around YOU.
Just to make Bastion “Almost Viable”

1 Like

Keep rollin’, rollin’, rollin’…

I agree with you. Bastion needs help. But this is a McCree thread so we should probably take that discussion into its own thread.

Oh, i see you haven’t heard of this thread:
[Bastion is being forgotten]

We have been Discussing Bastion for Like, Over a year now.
With Zero official Responses, i might add.

The point i’m making in THIS Thread is, Mccree needs no Changes at this moment.
There are heroes with an Overall Pickrate of 0.53%.

And it seems like if i don’t talk about it, no one actually will. ;-;
Since everyone seems to hate Bastion, nowadays.

1 Like

I think the fact that you’re using a completely unrelated thread to push your own agenda is what was being gotten at :sweat_smile: No offense, but the fact that I’ve seen not one post of you not talking about Bastion concerns me slightly.

As to the actual topic at hand, I think this isn’t a bad idea. The Fan The Hammer, Roll, Fan The Hammer, Roll repeat move is probably preventable considering how much close range options, CC or otherwise, are available right now. You have my vote for this McCree buff.

1 Like

McCree is like 90% there. Bastion is really only 10%.

Personally? I don’t think he needs whats OPs suggetsing. He does need something, but I’d prefer Hits = lower CD on flashbang. For every hit he lands it decreases it by a second. 6 shots = 4 seond CD. That way he’s rewarded for aiming and rather basing it on his mobility, it’s based on his offense capability. Soldier already has the defensive capability, McCree just needs to be rewarded for landing his shots.

Instant reload if the 6th bullet is a headshot.

His weaknesses? You mean like the fact that outside of his primary/secondary fire every part of his kit is unimpactful or buggy?

Edit: If the requirement is a crit final blow, it gives McCree an incentive to prioritise headshots and while you may land some in a row, most of the time you’ll get it by luck or by punishing someone with a flashbang.

Making Flashbang, or any CC more available is probably less than optimal, considering the uproar about it. That would allow even an average McCree to punch way more holes in team than they should. Making Combat Roll reset instead makes it more available and useful to the player while still not impacting enemies in any truly broken or overpowered ways.

I mean, this seems to be a bit more of a brainstorming thread for McCree than one screaming for or demanding balance. I’d like to see if there are any other ideas out there. Buffs to Deadeye, new abilities, etc. But I think tanks might wholly leave the game if Flashbang gets buffed. :laughing:

Yea agreed more stuns is not what this game needs. I just want to add a little spice for more skill. Why does Genji get resets and no one else?

I am open to other ideas like how about different ammo types like incendiary rounds, no headshots but does additional damage over time.

or we could just buff both and not be petty and selfish.

The problem McCree has is that his overall usage masks how he has severe flaws and gameplay quirks that makes his abilities less reliable than they need to be. Deadeye, for example, has a small but noticeable delay from when you fire and when the rounds connect. The delay is enough that people routinely miss out on kills, ad this is from an ability that by default leaves McCree fairly exposed. Flashbang does not run on the same properties as explosives, and will miss targets it’s supposed to hit. FTH’s terrible accuracy and sheer randomness means it’s only good on stunned targets and shields. And combat roll is so weak that we’ve been calling for a reduction to cooldown since launch basically.

This is amplified by the Hanzo rework. Granted, Hanzo doesn’t outdo McCree directly, but when many people are running tri-support with a sole DPS, Hanzo’s ability to be sniper, team DPS, and can combo with Zarya against Bridgitte, Hanzo is the defacto pick for mono-DPS.

McCree is on the same page as Reinhardt, while they have largely improved stats due to the meta, the flaws are insanely apparent, and the lack of fixes puts them in risk of power creep, especially if Bridgitte goes out of meta.

But why? Genji is a mobility hero and relies on dash reset, McCree is not a mobility hero and relies on his revolver.

I’m only talking about Genji because it’s the only other reset ability.

This is literally the FIRST thing I imagined :rofl:

This is not what McCree needs. McCree’s weaknesses are

1. He’s too vulnerable to dive
  2. He’s shut down pretty hard by barriers (as an immobile mid-range hero, he can’t flank and/or reposition to shoot over/around barriers)

Giving him another roll contingent on getting a kill doesn’t help with either of those.

What McCree needs is a mobility/survivability boost and a way to deal with barriers. I suggest the following:

• Give roll invincibility frames and have it heal or give armor to McCree.
  • Increase the damage of FtH and reduce its drop off, but give it a short cooldown (5 seconds) and increase its spread. This will turn FtH into a good shield breaking tool and improve the Fb->FtH combo without making it spammable and viable at range (other than for breaking barriers)