Mayhem must be permanent in Arcade. Move Quickplay Classic

Blizzard needs to prioritize mayhem.

TM is the only reason I launch Overwatch. My reasons are in the previous posts.

There’s a discord server of nearly 1000 of us who wait for the mode. We are sick of being so easy to kill. We want a more casual mode. TM is that mode.

Can we also not ruin the arcade when events come? TM has been pushed away for 3 days in a row, meanwhile there’s been 3+ deathmatches on any given day. No QC happening. Events arbitrarily impact Arcade mode availability and severely disappoint us all.

Quickplay Classic should be in Quickplay category, not in Arcade.

I wish the team at OW triaged this as below-acceptable user experience, instead of using the opportunity to complain about why they don’t like mayhem.

We don’t care that you don’t like it. We like to play it. You don’t need to tune the mode because it’s already better than the regular game.

And don’t recommend custom games unless you have a comparative experience. Because custom games are a pale comparison in user experience! You can’t queue for a custom game, you have to search for it in an ocean of weird stupid modes. That’s not where TM belongs!

And a usual jab I leave, Team Fortress 2, all modes are available to play.

9 Likes

Denied! TM is terrible.

9 Likes

Are you sure it’s not just you? TM isn’t terrible lmao.

4 Likes

Big lessons for you: Don’t yuck someone’s yum, and contribute to things you can contribute to.

1 Like

There are people who treat it like comp. do you know how scary that is? Treating a clownfest seriously?

But i get it. You mash buttons for an hour, you want it to mean something

2 Likes

I’m sure.

1 Like

It has its issues, but if its even in ow2, and there are no tank limits. Rip that mode.

I’m not a TM player either, but it’s almost like not every mode has to cater to literally every player, and that some modes are still worthwhile to keep around if they cater to a decent chunk of people.

Personally, I kinda hope the Arcade mode gets shifted around somewhat in general once Overwatch 2 comes around.

• Replace Quick Play Classic (and Comp Open Queue) with a new 6v6 mode that’s outside of the Arcade, and have No Limits act as the new always-available open queue chaos mode within Arcade (with the No Limits rule still being attached ofc)

• make it so that only one Deathmatch mode is up at a time so that you don’t have literally 4 separate Deathmatch modes taking up the Arcade like it is today

• always have one random kind of Deathmatch mode up, either a Duel or Elimination mode up, and a CTF mode up that each shift each day, and then a weekly shift between Mystery Heroes and Total Mayhem (so half the time Mystery Heroes is up, and half the time Total Mayhem is up). then there’s room for the randomly chosen special mode for the day

• you could move the Competitive Arcade modes to the Competitive tab, or just have a new slot for Competitive Arcade that’s always there in the menu rather than only being there for some of the months.

1 Like

I 1000% support this. Total Mayhem is really the only gamemode I enjoy playing and typically don’t bother logging in to OW unless it is in rotation. I would LOVE for the devs to make TM a permanent part of arcade. Honestly though, it really brings up the bigger question, why IS there a rotation anyway? Make every game mode (seasonal ones optional) included so we all have a verity of options and EVERYONE gets to play what they want.

Seems logical to me…

2 Likes

People treat QP like comp. Hell, they treat Junkenstein’s Revenge like comp. Who cares? If people enjoy what they’re having fun at, who are you or I to judge?

And, button mashing? Really? There is DEFINITELY a strategy behind TM matches, just like in normal comp or any other mode. Simplifying it to button mashing is pretty insulting and illustrates that you either 1, don’t play the mode, or 2, enjoy belittling others for their choices.

5 Likes

Regular Overwatch is toxic, like your low-effort contributions to forum posts.

3 Likes

I can dig this. And comp arcade would be something you could get players like me into. Vanilla OW comp is just too slow for my taste. Arcade comp (TM and a few other options) would be right up my alley.

1 Like

more like they just need to add total mayhem to the custom game browser so you guys in your discord can just make a lobby yourselves

1 Like

And don’t recommend custom games unless you have a comparative experience. Because custom games are a pale comparison in user experience! You can’t queue for a custom game, you have to search for it in an ocean of weird stupid modes. That’s not where TM belongs!

You could read the whole post, too.

I did read the whole post… like you said your discord is just 1000 people who dedicate their lives to total mayhem. Why on earth would they make a game mode permanent for literally 0.001% of the active players when they could just make it so you guys can set up your own custom games.

And guess what, you guys dont have to wait in queues… you get home get on your discord and set it up. Ive been in total mayhem queues longer then competitive queues. like 40-50minutes

1 Like

Legit the only reason I bother booting up Overwatch is for Total Mayhem. Unfortunately, the devs are obsessed with having an ‘event’ every three weeks so TM goes from happening every other day, to once every four days or so, if not just coming about at random.

Even if you don’t like TM that much, you surely realize that its stupid having 3-4 different modes of Deathmatch or Elimination every single day in arcade, rather than something like No-Limits or Total Mayhem that are actually different ways to go about playing the game.

1 Like

Imo Total Mayhem should replace Mystery Heroes.

MH is neat for the first time playing OW but gets boring if you’re a long time player. I think MH would be fun if there was 40+50 heroes on the roster.

I cannot comprehend how anyone can enjoy that mode let alone only log in to play it

1 Like

TM should be permanent, but QPC should still stay. TM may be good, but its not good enough to dethrone QPC.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say TM is casual at all lol but it is a lot of fun. Blizz should def get rid of all this FFA and combine it into one with map rotations like QP to make room for other game modes to be permanent like TM, Capture the Flag, and then FFA can have a spot too instead of them changing daily.

1 Like