Mauga should stay F-tier until he gets a rework

I can make excuses for a lot of annoying heroes in this game but holy crap, this man is so horribly designed.

Binary matchups. Forces the enemy to play counters and ROLLS most tank matchups. If they run Ana, you better have Kiriko or you’re feeding. You want to talk about Counterwatch? He is the epitome of Counterwatch.

Absolutely abysmal skill expression. This character basically plays himself. Aim at the tank, shoot. Press E when getting low on health. Run away if losing. Run forward if winning. The most skill expressive thing in his kit is hitting squishy targets with his guns which isn’t even what he should be doing most of the time.

Mauga deserves to be dumpster tier. The man is not healthy for the game.

7 Likes

Imo maiga needs changes to encourage him to do more than look at the enemy tank and m1+m2

I’d argue for something like having his fire mechanics changed so that he lights a target on fire instantly, but only when that target is below like 50-60% ~ HP.

For a normal target this means dealing around 125~ damage.

For a tank this means 300+ damage.

Not to say that he wouldn’t need other tweaks - but this would encourage him to not just stare at the enemy tank the entire time. That gameplay loop is utterly horrid and needs changed.

2 Likes

Obligatory rework thread I made a while back

It all comes down to his survivability, more specifically HOW he gains it. They need to seperate his survivability from doing damage.

Currently, he has the largest hitbox in the game and moves like a fat kid trying to do laps in gym class. So how does Mauga survive the metric ton of damage coming his way? He gains Overhealth by doing damage… and what’s the easiest target to damage thus farming survivability? The enemy tank…

Well, what about defensive cooldowns? Mauga has one! He gets some damage reduction and heals himself by… doing damage… Again, what’s the easiest thing to damage? The enemy tank.

If you made it so his survivability WASN’T tied directly into shooting the other tank, Mauga could actually try shooting other things with his cool guns.

I absolutely love Mauga’s character design and concept. I hate his botched kit.

2 Likes

I don’t mind a tank that has to do damage to maintain mitigation - but ya, that firing on the tank is always the best way to gain those shields is IMO the problem.

2 Likes

Mauga is even worse design than Brig was on launch. The difference is the devs back then realized they made a mistake and reworked her to something that wasn’t broken and required more positioning skill. With Mauga they don’t think they did anything wrong. They’re that stupid.

He’s a tank busting tank and I think that’s a terrible idea.

1 Like

I think they should remove all this lighting up nonsense.

This whole bodyshot critical is dumb

also remove overhealth.

Now you got two good old minigun that operate at slow rate but high dmg at range when used individually.

When used together they do massive dmg but high spread like now but also overheat.

For health give him a 7up can to sip for health.

also allow him to throw a hard light chain like lasso and reel people in and he shoots them :joy:

He should drink 7 up lasso hog and melt him :hugs:

mauga is utter cancer with his teamwide lifesteal and dmg reduction for pressing button. everyone constantly being on fire paired with the dps passive make me want to just leave the game. and what is even the point of doing crit damage to targets that are on fire, when they are almost always on fire?? might as well be the base damage at that point??

1 Like