Matchmaking system

First of all, as a diamond, I know im a low rank player, but this thing affects people over gm, and at lower ranks as well. I have been getting people with over 3700sr in my 3200sr games, on my team and on the enemy one. This is not a big issue for me but I have seen many gm/t500 players getting mid-low masters in their games, as well as bronze/silvers getting golds in their games, and that does make a huge difference. Then I would like to hear players’ opinions about this topic, would you mind waiting 6-7 minutes instead of 2-3 to get people who can only be 100 points below or above you?

depends on when you play

if you play in the morning, there aren’t many players around so they just put together random players, for example 2 top 500 players, 2 gms, 8 masters

I know time matters but I would prefer to wait 10 mins to get into a match with 3200sr players, instead of waiting 2 and getting 3 plats and a master

First of all, as a diamond, I know im a low rank player

BRUH

i think the system is only flawed because of smurfs. because as a silver and u get a full team of gms or diamonds, u get dunked on faster then a frisk in a genocide run.

i think maybe if they arent a smurf, the reason a gold is put into a silver bronze line up may be skill or it could be broken atm. or it could mean ur just so so close to hit gold!

(spoken from a sliver 1826 highest last season player)

Yeah… low rank player
Feb '18

You need to reconsider what low rank even mean.

1 Like

stop stealing my lines boi! :heart:

Depends on the time of the day.
The matchmaker doesn’t want you waiting around too long so it will be more lenient in the SR.
Also Diamond is top 10% of the playerbase, not really a low rank.

I prefer short time cause its not short and accurate anymore anyway.
My 1st game was like 4400, another game was like 3800, then 4200

Also since when Diamond became low rank lol

lower =/= low

Usually its compensated with “similar skilled” player on the other team or several better players in order to have similar mmr on both sides on average.
My opinion on this, I can’t see how this would work with such an diverse hero roster.
Say you got a 3 man group on both sides of the team with an bronze, gold and plat player. Its a gold ranked match.
Team 1: Bronze picks Widow - Plat picks Mercy
Team 2: Bronze picks Mercy - Plat picks Genji
Keep in mind that MMR doesn’t account for Heros played.

I’d rather wait or be told that the matches might be suboptimal.
Instead of realizing once I’m at the match scree. You know, have a choice whether I want to spend 15min on the comin game or not.
You can’t leave without the risk of getting banned after all.

PS: I assume that they balance groups based on the same/similar system

ranks don’t matter…

laughing in bronze

Dude, you’re not low rank.
Stop.

Also, just because you get a high ranking player, that doesn’t mean that they’re going to be able to change the game for you.
I played a Qp game.
Got a 3,800 ish rank on the other team.
I’m around 1,100.
Other team got curb stomped.
Couldn’t even capture the first part of the point on Numbani.

it does matter when talking about ranked, I don’t have the gamesense and skill as a gm player, and they would probably get tilted if they got me in their 4.2k game, and I would be as tilted as them if i got a gold in my 3.2k match

± top 10% of the playerbase… sure, low rank… :roll_eyes:

There’s being modest… and there’s being oblivious to reality.

Was it a one-trick? 9/10 it was a one-trick who couldn’t play his/her main. Personally, I find it funny when I see master+ one-tricks in Mystery Heroes playing worse than the average gold/plat player, just shows how bollocks the ranking system really is.

I have no idea, I thought I saved the screen shots I took, but I couldn’t find them.
That is possible.

I have never got a master otp on a game, just masters who are over lvl 500 playing whatever they feel like