Matchmaking is worse that ever before

blizzard, stop capping and tell us what is REALLY going on

13 Likes

It seems intentional. To have quick queuetimes with complete disregard to match quality.

14 Likes

They don’t know, there were a guy that made AI for the matchmaker and he left, now this AI makes no sense both for the community nor devs. But devs are also unable to have any control over that, because they don’t even play their own game to have any clue about what is going on there.
We look at our statistics and see nothing

4 Likes

Devs are either lying about the millions of players or are bad af and have zero skills to make a decent matchmaking.

Game feels so bad rn, why the fxck do i have golds in my master games or boosted 2.8 plats suddenly running around with gm badges but playing like the golds.

Devs keep just fxcking it up.

8 Likes

No idea. For what it’s worth, I (casual gold) have no interest in being put in your games or to have you getting put in mine. It’s just dull for everyone :man_shrugging:t2:

If they have as many players as they claim then I don’t see why they can’t simply tighten the max range of the matchmaker. The only reason that makes sense to me is that they’re lying about how many players they have/no role imbalance :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I enjoy getting beamed into higher ranks because the game plays better. Just saiyan. They probably hate me, but I also do not care. It all balances out, cosmically.

they dont have enough players. let me give you an example.
EU is 300mil people and many middle east countries play with us too. After 1am you probably get some of the people you had last match and while this was happening in ow1, the mm was way more restrictive. so in terms of numbers, if the mm is so loose, we have the same, or even less players than ow1. prime time you rarely get the same players but still, the mm puts silvers with plats and diamonds with masters. in ow1 i almost never saw masters players in diamond. They can claim millions of players and simply lie. They just care about the thousands that spend money on skins anyway. If they are enough, they are happy.

1 Like

To each their own, but I’d rather just be put against other crap outs like myself so we can slug it out like amateurs.

Yeh I don’t really see any other possibility :man_shrugging:t2:

The game puts you into a higher skill game on occasion and then if you win you are matched with dregs of humanity to see if you are “deserving” of the higher rank you won in and vice versa. It’s a smurf-detection issue because people hate “smurfs” but all it really does is gimp people who are trying to get to their actual rank. Not that they bother fixing that because it makes you have to play longer to get there.

1 Like

What’s funny is that people hate smurfs, but they take advantage of the system with the DuoQ with a high level player to boost their rank and be placed in a rank 2 or 3 levels above their real rank.

And when they are forced to play soloQ they have the true level of a wood division, because they are boosted account / rank.

Literally after saying they FIXED it . Its a Joke. They probably don’t care about anything game related since they are waiting for the MSFT buyout. Then it will be someone elses problem.

2 Likes

There is no algorithm with the matchmaker. It’s only RNG.

2 Likes

Well Blizzard pays garbage wages for developers. And when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. And monkeys can’t make a good matchmaker can they

3 Likes

right at least iam very glad i didnt spend any money on ow2.

would feel dirty to supported this trash game. 6 months of trash matchmaking and devs call it fine and intentional. golds with masters is now called competitive gamemode.

del ow2
revert ow1

Install Deep Rock Galactic

3 Likes

is there a demo to try this game?

Unfortunately no demo :frowning_face:

you can watch twitch streams to see if you like the game

Is that game good solo or do you need a group?

Never played, from what I know you can play solo offline to learn basic, but the game really looks better in a online group. With friends or strangers.

The advantage is that its community is generally friendly and very tolerant with beginners.

A bit like that of Final Fantasy XIV