Matchmaking is broken

Seriously, I had a 6 win streak. I’m doing my best in every match, and just missing a match for my rank to be changed, the game simply pushes me with players who have no idea of the game, bad players or who don’t have the least competitive experience.

This is on purpose, right? It’s not possible that I magically start losing all matches when there’s only one left for me to rank up.

After so many defeats, comes a single victory that makes my rank drop or stay at the same rank.

That is, all my work I had to get the 6 wins in a row is simply discarded because matchmaking cannot do its only function of bringing together players who have the same experience or level?

How does matchmaking in this game work? What are the stats you collect to nerf/buff heroes for? Can’t you use these stats for each player to better fill matches and improve matchmaking? Where are the player levels?

Do something about it, it’s chaos to play and lose several times in a row because “that player” has no experience with the game or with the character he is using.

Recently, a player fell who got soldier 76 on my team and didn’t know what his ultimate ability was for. It simply activated without having any enemies as soon as it left the spawn room. He kept asking for healing while the 2 supports (me and another player) were waiting for respawn, and he didn’t know that soldier 76 had auto healing.

That kind of player in a gold rank? For the love of god, huh…

3 Likes

Matchmaker is not intended to make fair matches because fair matches are too challenging and time consuming for the average user, of whom only wants to roll the other team and get PoG.

The stomps are intended because that is what the average user prefers; They are just here to troll their own team and collect cosmetics.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve had enough of this BS, I love OW but cannot stand the matchmaking Blizzard is forcing a 50% win-loss ratio. WHY??? Now I just leave games that are crap I don’t care about endorsement level or anything anymore. when I start playing I will get 5-6 good games that are fairly even, then all crap again. I just leave the games at that point, If I come back a few hours later, it resets, and I’ll get a few more good games. It’s ridiculous I know how to play the game, but I’m tired of getting put in games that nobody has and elims on the board two minutes into the game besides me! Mind you, I was a Dimond player on Tank in OW 1 and now dare I say the game is unenjoyable.

2 Likes

That just happened to me. Lost 3 in a row. Hopefully not another one in the game I’m queueing for. It just put me with noobs all of a sudden.

Edit: Nope, it paired me with the same tank that dives in without team support. I’m pretty sure they’re a troll. There goes my rank up. I really wish I had avoided them as a teammate early, ugh.

1 Like

As I mentioned in the post, there was only one game left for me to go up in rank, I had a total of 5 defeats in a row, I closed the game and the next day (today) I tried to complete the last match, I had +3 defeats to only then have the last win.

As a result, it doesn’t fall from rank, but I stayed the same. That is, it doesn’t matter what day or time it is, whenever there is 1 game left to change the rank, the game WILL harm you.

Uhh what? Most players want balanced games where each team has an equal chance to win…

Psychological marketing analysts disagree.

The players may think they want balanced games, but they are actually more likely to stick around and play longer when they have a really good match, dominate their opponents, and get PoG. When every game is a slog that lasts until the very end, players get tired and discouraged, i.e bored.

And if people keep getting one-sided games where they’re the team getting rolled, they’re less likely to stick around.

Not if they destroy the other team and get PoG half of the time.

It’s anti-competitive to have matchmaking that creates these type of games though.

But pro-investor. Metrics show strong retention with quick turnover and frequent dopamine release.

You are still playing comp with this matchmaking? Hats off to you, nobody on my friends list has been playing since the very beginning of Season 2.

1 Like

Yep, played Overwatch everyday for about 5 years, loved it, was my favorite game. Now I come back after giving up for a month because the new OW1.5 patch had ruined any chance of fair matches.
Played for an hour or so just to confirm that the matchmaker is still prechosing which team is the winning team. No point even playing these matches.

I can’t believe there are casual players putting up with this on a regular basis anymore. I miss OW1 so much.

Make sure you all stop by the overpriced skin store! It’s the only thing they put any work into. If the skin store was as BROKEN as what is CALLED the matchmaker, they’d have it fixed within the week.

1 Like

Yeah, its on purpose, was on matches with solo queue players vs three 5 stacks straight. Guess we have to spread those cheeks and take it. ty matchmaker!

I have noticed as soon as I hit game 5 or 6 of the 7 win requirement I hit massive loss streaks. Had a 4 game win streak on tank then hit a 15-20 game loss streak as soon as I hit game 6. It was completely demoralizing.