“Welcome to Paris”

“Now arriving to Horizon Lunar Colony”

“Welcome to Paris”
“Welcome to Paris”
“Welcome to Paris”

1 Like

I have ~300 hours with ana in quickplay and my win rate on her is 56%. On baptiste, I have about half of the amount of hours and my win rate on him is 54%. I’m practicing my lucio right now and even though I’m not very good with him, my win rate on him isn’t that far off from 50% (46%). Not sure what this proves, but just wanted to share it.

Matchmaker has the idea of what’s going to happen. It’s using a special MMR score that is different from the regular SR. If you play mechanically well, you climb.

That’s why the quality of games changes once you reach Diamond and the MM stops using the hidden MMR score.

So you dropped, seems like you didn’t play well that day.

Any proof of this? Or is it just ‘‘your experience’’ again?

No, this is quite official. It’s called PBSR (Performance-Based SR) and it stops at Diamond. There had been an announcement about stopping the PBSR-based matchmaking at Diamond instead of Masters. Around 2018, I believe.

Quick googling results in: How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 9) - #5 by Skittles-12446

Yeah you have to be a low/midtiered players with terrible understanding of the matchups to be extremely oblivious to the fact that heavily handicapped matches are equal to being rigged, as they don’t work in OW. Steamrolling is not a natural state of the game, especially when it happens both ways multiple times as an equalizer, when it should by itself be a random occurrence. Like you can’t agree that matches where one team gets absolutely steamrolled with no chances of winning the game aren’t balanced, and at the same time agree that them equalizing your winrates towards a 50/50 outcome is balanced too, as the latter is a completely unnatural occurrence heavily effected by the handicapping aspect of matchmaking, where the rigging comes into play. That’s what everyone is complaining and that’s why higher MMR’d players with +50% positive winrates hop on their alts to eliminate that part of the matchmaking from their experience

1 Like

Steamrolling in OW is happening so often because of the way ult economy is working.
If you win the first teamfight you usually carry over an ult advantage into the next one and this often causes the enemy team to have a very hard time to stabilize and getting back into the game.

Close to 50:50 winrates are inevitable in any system that tries (and somewhat succeeds) to match equally skilled players with and against each other.
It’s simple math and therefore very much a “natural occurrence”.

1 Like

I’m sure nobody diamond or better complains about matchmaking :roll_eyes:

The key word here is SEEMS. It doesn’t. It just seems that way to you. You don’t generally see what your own team are doing in the game as much as you see what the other team is doing to you. It is almost as likely (adjusting for the fact you are 1 of the players on your team) the other team is doing the same as yours and you just don’t see it.

How come people on the forum that post these types of response things the MM revolves around them? I can assure you with a high degree of certainty that it doesn’t.

Dude i climbed form bronze to gm because I improved. The game isnt rigged i win when i preform well i lose when i do bad its not rigged if it was id be stuck in plat or diamond. And incase you think im “MMR boosted” I have 26 elims on hog and 10k hero damage with 62 hook acc. People who actually believe that you can be boosted or held back my match making are the worst players.

This.

• Backfill into loss.
    Priority queue…into Horizon or Paris with new players hit tab red team is 3800-4200.

Leaves

1 Like

I can tell when we are missing a rein like 95% if the time, and I see the death marker like in the middle of the enemy team

It does not, well not exactly nothing at all, but on paper if we ignore different roles and heroes you only contribute to 16,67% of your teams performance.
Overwatch is a team game and team performance is much much more important then individual performance. And it becomes even more as certain abilities together are much more then the individual parts, so realistically, we are not talking about 6 1v1 but a 6v6 and if one of the six work together and the other only sees it as some individual duels then the influence of a single player is probably less then 10%

If you think medals and POTG have anything to do with individual performance you still know nothing at all about the game.

Well tanks are probably the most important yes, but not the ones that race on the objective like idiots, but rather the ones that ignore the objective, bring their team in advantageous positions to kill the enemy and only then go on the objective.

For me it is more like
loss
loss
loss
loss
win
loss
loss
loss
loss
win
win
win
win
win
win
loss
win

It means you aren’t improving and are where you’re supposed to be. If you were improving you wouldn’t have a 50% winrate. If you were meant to be in masters you would be there and your winrate would be above 50

I see this argument alot about individual skill doesnt matter or not as much as it should, and I would argue a big part of that people miss is that adapting to your teammates is a skill. Sure sometimes there is nothing you can do, but most of the time people aren’t as helpless as they think and the other team is dealing with the same thing and carrying solely on momentum.

Of course it does, it just stacks the skill level either so far against you, or so far in your favour it guarantees a win or loss depending

Thats a random guy on forums… Nothing official.

Maybe the matchmaker is so bad because all the casuals left because the balance in this game is absolutely horrible?