Matchmaker 101 weirdness

Just had a game where enemy had 4 diamonds, and 2 unranked, which would not be surprising - I’m almost diamond on support myself and I did have a teammate or 2 who were decent - but for the love of god what is a 1st time player unranked on dps - on that role, doing with me in team when his other roles are around 1.7k, in his 1st ever competitive season, and a hardstuck 2k player.
I am really considering are there any reasons why I still play this game.

• bad playerbase
  • dying game
  • unbalanced games
  • not having fun
3 Likes

I had three throwers in on the same team just a couple minutes ago lol, definitely feels like the game’s on the way out.

But dat gameplay loop do be addictive tho

3 Likes

yeah but golden guns.
i have 50+ by now (lost count). gotta catch 'em all.

there are tons of incentivez to win comp matches. unless it’s vs. freshies then there isn’t much to pove. why should i prove myself against fake accnts? show mains or sandbag so they think u bad. every1 gud has been doing that since 2019 and not a single thing addressed with comp integrity.

not much incentivization via non-comp unless it’s an event. for old-border accnts, most have nothing left to prove. the time to shine was 2016-2019 era when the game was hype. they really don’t need to sweat vs. that fakestack of lvl 27s. in fact if they can pretend to be terrible and get every1 to laugh and think they themselves are gods, then they’ve played right into ur hand.

they don’t bother to reset or clean up the ladder. so not much incentivization to win unless ur accnt is a freshie.

in terms of mm they not only rig at match-formation level (cherry pick players into matches and algo handicap instead of natural random by sr). but they also rig with dda (aim-assist and hitbox reg and cd prio and the like). They rig at dda level on top of mmr level to ensure fair/smooth/close games when the mm screws up and u get a gm alt that suddenly shows up (so they give them smaller hitboxes to reg on and even noreg on 1hp mercy weekend ppl). the dda is their answer to smoothing out lowpop/sparsity conditions instead of giving a reset.

but naa we don’t need ladder integrity we need flats ExC.

Just quit the game. You’re claiming that blizzard is doing things without having proof for it. If you think the game is unfair just quit, ur a poison to the community.

3 Likes

why wud i quit? there are golden guns to grind and i’m still having fun. it’s possible to have fun in unfair/rigged contest isn’t it? i mean there is more than enough documentation to suggest it’s hard rigged. i’ll let the documentation weight my beliefs instead of defending something out of nowhere with no evidence at all lmao

Then stop complaining about it so much lmao.

show me

2 Likes

30 post count i c ur new here and not caught up to speed.
search is ur friend
gl hf

1 Like

This is not my main account lmao. If you check my profile u can see that its just an alt / smurf. But either stop crying or show me the documents if they’re that easy to find.

2 Likes

oh lmao an alt. haha we can discredit everything u have to say about the ladder now. also a gm according to ur post. another 1% in isolation of the reality.

3 Likes

I don’t understand what ur trying to say lmao. Wdym another 1% in isolation of the reality?

3 Likes

I see, we are back at dodging questions and making up claims

5 Likes

You get banned from one account then jump onto another, like a disease.

Rinse and repeat.

4 Likes

Overwatch Forum’s version of the Corona Virus…

4 Likes

The idea is that because someone’s GM, they obviously don’t know what they’re talking about when they say the matchmaker isn’t rigged because they’re on the 1% of computers (not players, this is crucial ) that were magically chosen to be exceptions to the rule.

The reason computers matter more than people is because if you were to borrow someone else’s “rigged, hardstuck account” the system would recognize your computer as belonging to a GM player and temporarily remove any rigging to allow you to freely boost said hardstuck account.

Ngl its sorta interesting watching these people actively dig the rabbit hole just to claim to know how deep the conspiracy goes. All in an effort to avoid the obvious solution… Maybe the system just sucks?

4 Likes

The delusions of people who claim on forums to be the 1% - but not on that, but some other account are my favorite sort of comedy on these forums.

The system sucks, for a long time now, without a single significant update to the competitive ladder since launch, because ‘the system is too complex and people who made it are not with Blizzard anymore, so we are afraid to make changes to the system’.
The futher we go the more I’m convinced that every single person in blizzard from top to bottom is gifted the money for their bread and not earned.

2 Likes

what r u trying to say with this?

2 Likes

Competition between ranks is allowed to facilitate algorithmic handicapping via Match Making Rating.

2 Likes

And thank goodness for it!!

Match Quality would be a nightmare without it.

4 Likes

If you don’t think it’s already a nightmare, you’re probably the one benefitting from handicapping aka getting carried most games

3 Likes

What a bad assumption

3 Likes