Match Making Rating (handicapping) in a nutshell

I’ve tried to explain the problem with Match Making Rating in a hundred different ways in my main thread, on the subject of handicapping:

Let me try it again now in a much simpler way, which occurred to me while I was debating this for the 1,000th time over in a related thread from a different forum user:

The problem with handicapping competitive overwatch matches is that even if you are the best player in the match it is easy for the matchmaker to effect a handicap against you, by placing all of the next best players on the opposing team. Match Making Rating is designed to do exactly this, to the extreme I just said, and to lesser degrees in every competitive match you play. Anyone who plays a lot of multiplayer games understands the concept of team stacking. That’s what MMR does.

After 3 years posting on the subject, I am still asking: HOW ARE OVERWATCH PLAYERS OKAY WITH THIS?

3 Likes

Blizzard just doesn’t have a lot of competition in this space, and so they’ve got something of a captive audience. I don’t think people are happy with the state of things, but there’s nowhere they can go to get the Overwatch experience. You know my thoughts on the matchmaker, but I’d also never play a straight up COD-clone FPS. I’d love to see something like Overwatch in another universe like Star Wars, Marvel, DC, etc.

“I do not spam bump my own thread” lol

2 Likes

How is this not considered necro?

2 Likes

i just report them as spam and move on.

Honestly community im sorry for bumping this crap please dont do the same thing i did.

2 Likes