Match making is terrible

Why is it when you win 2 in a row it consistently gives you uphill battles 5-7 times in a row. Make it make sense

6 Likes

don’t worry, if you overcome them to a win streak, fighting through hell as tank, your reward is 3 extra %

catcrap systems all through this game, if blizzard didnt have an army of long term fans… lol

2 Likes

Countless thousands of people have reported the same thing. The answer is the devs have no idea how to fix it and so we just have to deal with a broken matchmaker

1 Like

You only get uphill battle if you win

So that’s 7-9 wins in a row… well done.

1 Like

It would be one thing if it just matched you against better people, but instead it just matches you with worse and worse team mates.

2 Likes

Do you not find this to be a little narcissistic…

The match maker doesn’t care about you. It doesn’t know or care if you’re winning or losing. It isn’t giving you special treatment. It’s not giving anyone special treatment.

I don’t.

Thank you for stating the obvious.

It actually does, that’s how it appends SR and MMR adjustments.

Once again, thank you for stating the obvious, and nobody suggested otherwise.

It’s ordinary behavior for the matchmaker to “balance” the MMR of the teams in as near a bracket as possible. So say the matchmaker is able to find 10 people all in Platinum 2, that doesn’t mean that all ten people are assigned randomly. There’s another modifier that is used to assign those team. That’s MMR. So if you’ve been winning games, your MMR will be high for your bracket because it adjusts much more rapidly than your SR. Because of this, it’s very likely that you will get team mates who have an average or lower MMR for the same bracket (as in, they’ve been losing more games) to balance your team’s MMR against the other team’s.

Now it’s not always like this, it’s possible you get 10 people who all have high or low MMR and the game actually plays out in an even match, but the majority of games you will notice some outliers in performance. They are matched intentionally to balance MMR.

Please understand the basics of the competitive matchmaker before you come at me with insults and falsehoods.

2 Likes

All adjustments are the MMR or SR systems. Nothing to do with the match maker.

I strongly encourage you to read the entire response.

1 Like