Massive FPS drop

Hi,
Until today I always had around 130-140 fps on current settings. Now after today’s update it dropped to max 70 fps! Thats huge, and as I can see on other topics or on reddit its not just me. Scan & repair didn’t change anything. Any ideas?

19 Likes

I was on Ilios map and my fps is stable between 150-180 fps pre patch, I was getting as little as 17 fps, also my GTX 1060 refused to boost. I’m not sure if there are some optimization issues with the current patch. Furthermore my latency was spiking up and down from 100-180ms when normally its 30ms.

1 Like

This new patch killed everyone’s fps massively, with huge drops, specially when pressing Tab. I’ve noticed that the number of no-regs hits on Hanzo has increased since this new patch aswell. Tracer’s shift became a little weird too, jumping back and forth when i use it while mantaining a stable 50ms latency

7 Likes

Bump,
avg fps drop and random fps drops without obvious trigger that feel like game froze for like 200ms-500ms.
(40ms ping)

1 Like

Also noticed a changed. It’s unplayable for me. What am I supposed to do?
Like, it’s suuuper laggy.

2 Likes

I noticed it too. My rig suuuuuucks, so it hit me super-hard.

3 Likes

Noticed the same. I have frame drops in heavy fights down to 70 when the game was running flawlessly between 100-120 FPS before the patch. Don’t know if it has to do with the new Sym abilities, could be.

I also get a massive fps drop whenever I press tab, noticed random drops during some matches too at (seemingly) random times.

1 Like

New patch made me drop up to 50 FPS from 170 to 120 at worst. Seems to me that the longer you are in game the worse the frame drops get

1 Like

After the patch when out I played for a bit with no issue. Then there was another update. That recent update just broke the game for me. Please fix

Can confirm. Also am using 1060 and its running 100% of my GPU even when on title screen.

I’ve been having massive FPS drops since the Brigitte patch. I think the last one made things even worse. I have a 6000€ PC. Every other game runs perfectly at Ultra settings @144Hz.

The tab fps drop is not new. But it’s much worse after this update.

Try installing the latest Nvidia driver that also came out today_emphasized text_

I’m not sure if it fixed itself or not, but I remapped my tab to “g” and did a scan/repair (in the blizzard menu for overwatch) and it seems okay now.

144Hz? lol. (20 characters)

got the same problems after the last patch.
massive fps drops. high lag-spikes.

Playing for a while makes it worse, for sure. My frames got so bad in a game of Gibralter last night that I couldn’t tell what I was doing.

I always had stable 60fps ingame. Now after the latest update they’re down to max. 30-50fps.
Hope Blizzard optimizes it with the next patch because it’s hard to enjoy the game like this…

Pls fix that, blizz!!

Okay, so the problem has something to do with the new patch? I recently updated Geforce and thought that the update would fix the problem… it didn’t. Hoping Blizz comes up with a fix for this soon.