Mass rez wasn't overpowered

Pretty much. Invulnerability was the real mistake.

Had they given mass res a small cast time and make it where she loses all Ult charge upon cast, then we wouldn’t be here right now.

6 Likes

No, you just kill her. As I said above. How hard is that for you to understand?

I just killl the team after they get revived with an ult so I can try and get a teamwipe.

:man_shrugging:

Right “just kill her” when she’s playing hide and seek lol, so every single time you would have to go way out of your way to find hiding mercy to kill her. Very engaging gameplay, and sometimes even if you found hiding mercy and kill her, she’d come back from spawn and still do 4/5 man Rez so you’d actually have to have someone on spawn camp hiding mercy duty

6 Likes

I personally think that invulnerability was the worst way they could have handled Mercy’s situation. They just gave her amazing ult even more power, thus transforming her into an ult bot. Something like a cleansing or empowering E ability would have solved her issues imo.

I’m going to use the process of elimination. We know that the strategy is bad (Refer to Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State). We also know that it wasn’t encouraged by the design of the ultimate because, again, the strategy is strategically bad. Then there’s the SR system at the time that was exposed for artificially inflating your SR as Mercy (it gave you more SR when you Resurrect more players).

It wasn’t the strategy and it wasn’t the design of mass Res. It was the SR system. :blush: Even then, they could be extra and just give Mercy certain tweaks that discourage hiding but we already know that the problem was fixed when the SR system was fixed; a month before her rework. :slight_smile:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Just kill the widowmaker who has better aim than your whole team LOl4head Ezclap

If im playing zen and getting dinked constantly I dont go and whine to my teammates about them swapping I should stop peakin the goddarn widow. You can do this as every character. You can not, however, counter mass res as any hero. You need to micromanage your teammates, and im not up for that.

3 Likes

It wasn’t OP if it was she would be must pick that time, it was just bad designed and promoted bad gameplay like (hide n rez OR kamikaze playstyle) and encouraged mercy to not be played as main healer but instead go for hiding to get high value.

1 Like

Pretty sure the SR system was encouraging that and even then, it could’ve been fixed with tweaks. :sweat_smile:

It certainly was and in high ranks mercies would almost always hide for Rez. Why? Because if you die with Rez then you got absolutely zero value since all of mercy 1.0s value was in the ult

2 Likes

Valkyrie was completely unnecessary. She just needed some tweaks to fix her res so that she was more useful for tempo res and less so for mass res.

Add an E ability to boost the power to her main kit and she’s balanced.

3 Likes

They could have just replaced invul with damage reduction, because one of the reasons for it was Mercy tends to die after she ults, and I dont think the devs liked her having a Jesus moment (saving the rest while killing yourself)

With that said, she honestly could have used a cleanse E right now. People have been complaining so much about CC that it could have been avoided.

2 Likes

NOPE it was used because it is win strategy not because SR exploit

Was good? Sincerely doubt that. And for very good reasons too:

Also, might I add that because of the SR system, not-so-good Mercy players got to high ranks by exploiting the “Hide n Res” strategy. :blush:

The last part is false and even then, good Mercy’s don’t have this problem.

It was detrimental to your team’s chances of winning. It puts your team in a 5v6 situation and gives the enemy team the choice of expending zero resources in the fight preceding the Mercy hiding. After Mercy Resses, the enemy team will end up wiping the enemy again with the reserved resources. The only times it can remotely be reliable is if you know for sure that the enemy team is incompetent.

No, it was encouraged because if you die with resurrect then you’re getting no value out of the hero pick. This encourages players to hide to ensure they can get value since all of the value in the character was in the resurrect ult. Mercy did not have any Value or utility outside of resurrect, that is why high SR players always hid for Rez

With this logic, every hero gets encouraged to hide because if they die, they can’t use it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Again, this is false and again, hiding sets your team up for another wipe.

She has consistent and reliable heals. :wink:

You completely ignored this :confused::

2 Likes

Nah widow can die to a lot of heroes 1v1.

3 Likes

It was temporary until she rez and bring it back to 6-6, all what mercy team have to do is to rush the other team and bait them to use ults or kill one of them and mercy then revive your team and the battle become 6-5 with mercy team are full health and have their ult.

You know it is like widow when she step back and the battle become 5-6 before she get a headshot and the battle become 6-5.

Negative because mercy was the only hero where all of her power was in her ult, consistent and reliable heals? Just pick Ana she does that and more. Mercy brought nothing to the table except Rez. It doesn’t set up any team wipes when the heavy hitter ults have already been used (grav, dragon blade etc) It wasn’t “not so good” mercy players who hid, it was all mercy players. Hiding for Rez was literally how you played mercy, if you didn’t hide for Rez you were playing her wrong and most likely would die with Rez every time

1 Like