Mass Rez Never Returned

But then players would be unhappy, and Blizzard wants to simplify gameplay in general.

What concerns me, is that no one ever thought “maybe dying isn’t fun”.

2 Likes

Ult economy, if you are playing Anubis second you can honestly win 6v5 most of the time unless the enemy has 6 ults, especially when back then there was a lot less peel so you could very rarely win a fight without losing a player which is basically required to cap 2cp, so on the fights you know they have big ults you just send your mercy to hide, they have to use big ult combo and you’re like nah do it again, and throughout all that you have to not lose anyone. It was a similar issue on last point hybrids and control because of how the ult rotation works. People seem to forget you get 2-3 big ults our from 1 fairly fast charging ult

tbh, that kinda sounds more of a map problem than a specific problem with mass rez.

but i guess deleting the ability was easier than fixing the map

It was certainly easier, than giving Mercy ability for mid-fight.

It continues to be Mercy’s downfall - she has nothing for that area between “healing is enough” and “ults are out”.

Mass Rez was designed to punish poor ult management. How many ults to use during a team fight is up to you, it’s not like once she Mass Rez your entire team’s ults just disappears. If your team decided to use every single ult you deserve to be punished. Blizzard clearly forgot why they designed such ability in the first place. If you play with Mass Rez in mind you can just hold your trump card, wait for her Rez, then wipe the enemy team again.

4 Likes

For sure but it is all 2cp and control maps, plus a couple maps like kings so it becomes a bit iffy blaming on maps more than just how ults work in ow

They didn’t forget - they just realised, that players in decent amount of games are unable to counter such strategy. Mass rez allowed to save games, even if enemy team got ahead in ult economy.

That I can agree, OW playerbase are pretty bad at calculating and strategize.

2 Likes

The issue is when you have a fairly standard comp back then like tracer genji Lucio zen Winston DVA (assume not a mirror because that’s where issues usually are) attacking a final point 2cp you pretty much have to tank ult +blade +something else then use a support ult to stabalize, there’s then a Rez and you’re left with pulse support ult tank ult which can be easily mirrored by the defending support. So either you try win the fight with a dry blade which just won’t work or you have to ult dump, that’s just the nature of ow you can’t punish something that’s intended in the game

More like they do not want to. It’s not fun.

Blizzard showed active bias against defensive stacking and for offensive stacking. Basically, stacking up damage is ok and “good strategy”, but stacking up defense to survive that stacked up damage isn’t.

It caused further degradation of strategies - why bother to come up with something complex, when brute force solves everything.

4 Likes

Except it was. You got the enemy team to blow ults and then you come out, press Q, and your team uses ults against their team who no longer has any, and you win. No offense, but you’re literally plat so you have no idea what you’re talking about…

1 Like

i would answer but since you restorted to rank shaming, clearly its not worth discussing with you.

FYI: dont rank shame me if you are lower rank than me, you are discrediting your own opinion by discrediting mine due to rank

2 Likes

I sooooo hated that.

Or if they all died at once, but not all close enough together to rez them all…“Why didn’t you rez me Mercy?!”; Or if you tempo rezzed the main tank and someone else, then they just suicided 5 seconds later…“where’s the rez?!” /sigh.

What was the worst, was that at its core, it was an ult everyone else felt they could tell you how to use, no matter how you used it; someone was always unhappy. One or more of your team mates, if not your entire team, not to mention the enemy team if you pulled it off successfully, or even Mercy herself. Someone always had a bad taste in their mouth about it.

They are making a change to it as an option in her skill tree as last I saw. But I’m hoping that just for PVE. Time will tell.

3 Likes

Yea about that… 30 sec Rez is more toxic than mass Rez ever could be. Seeing my individual skill of getting a pick spat on every single time is just disgusting, having whole teams huddle up to secure the rez is beyond disappointing. It being ready almost every single fight is draining. Mass Rez was an ultimate and by all rights strong. Not even the strongest to be fair thou.

3 Likes

No, it sounds like, and the game creators and most players recognize, that there was a problem with mass res.

It isnt ever coming back because it was broken to the core.

Personally, i think that ult spam in itself is a problem too, though

so if you look at it from my perspective, where in my opinion, throwing all your ults at once in one teamfight should not be a viable strategy and should be punished,

you can see why im pro-mass rez

obviously, like i said in my first comment, im not really in the #ReworkMercy or #revertMercy camp either

i just think we need more abilities of that line

2 Likes

Just chatting here Marmites.

On average, how many kills do you get in a game? No need to answer here, just hold that number in your head.

I regularly see my team’s kill count push past 40-60+ a game. And sometimes, that’s just a couple DPS players who’s cards I can see at the end of the game. So the total team kill count, DPS, Tanks, and other support, can easily push that number even higher.

But let’s call it 50+ total kills for a team (and I think I am underestimating by a lot.)

The average number of resurrections for Mercy in a game with her 30 sec resurrect now in comp? 6. (6.1)

And of those 6, 1-2 will usually result in Mercy’s death, and/or her targets death.

So 6 total resurrects (with 1-2 giving the enemy team more ult charge with the new chain death), in the face of 50+ kills per match, is nothing. And certainly not worse than when, with one cast, she could negate every ultimate the enemy team used to kill her 5 teammates. And if she pulled off a successful big rez more than once in a match, we’ve far exceeded how many people she rezzes now with her 30 sec rez.

6 really isn’t that bad. Some Mercy player’s average deaths per 10 min is higher than that.

Again, just chatting. I know watching a kill get successfully rezzed stings a little, but no less than a good Widow kill, or random Junk spam, or Hanzo arrow, etc.

2 Likes

You are painting coordinated ult use as “ult spam” when it is nothing of the sort. You have one shot per cycle to have an impact. Other defensive ults (Lucio/Zen) can block one ult at best, and not even all of them.

Undoing several with one button is absurd. Especially since it rewards failure.

Coordinated ults is fine (such as grav dragon, nano-blade) thats not what i mean

i mean when literally the entire enemy team rushes past a choek and earthshatter dragonblade dva bomb tac visor coalesence and valkyerie

to the point where there is virtually no defensive ult you can pop in order to stop that

that is what i think should not be viable

3 Likes

Lol see this is the problem with your argument

You say the enemy shouldn’t use ults if Mercy isn’t visibly participating. So now Mercy is getting Trans/beat/IF level value just for…not participating in the fight? Forcing the enemy to hold onto their ults just because she’s hiding in a room?

And if the enemy team doesn’t use ults and wipes the entire other team anyways, and Mercy comes and rezzes, the enemy is still probable to be missing health, have just used CD’s/resources, etc. AND importantly it makes the entire last fight a waste of the enemy time which is very important on most OW maps. 30 seconds down the drain for attackers or on KOTH maps is a big deal.