Mass Res Will Return | 10 Reasons Why

I have a genuine question. But what if they do revert her, apply said fixes to Mass Rez and they do just that? Put her in F Tier? Then what is Blizzard to do? I understand the impactfulness and Engagement of Mass Rez but my curiosity lies within when does working on Mercy end? That we can leave her be for months and months at a time or a few years?

I’m not english speaker. I read your reply. I gave you an article I thought will explain better her current state.

Respect and good vibes.

Funny thing, valk, stationary rez and trash 50 hp/s were gone too even longer ago (alpha, beta and season 3 in this order), but look at her now. Everything has been reverted. I’m sorry, but current Mercy is nothing but a cluster of old mistakes, removed for good long ago. As long as she will be bad design, she will be unbalanceable, either mandatory or trash pick. That requires a change, and if that implies turning rez into something that could be balanced without being her only focus in the game and dominating her entire kit forcing it all to be weak in comparison because of how broken that E ability (her real ult) is, then so be it.

Mercy is by far the easiest character in the game thanks solely to valk. It’s the god of all ez modes, only effective for making up your lack of skill (and for chasing Pharah/Widow). E rez is only hide and rez, that’s all. There is nothing to learn now for playing Mercy. That’s the main difference with Ana meta now. Ana is supposed to be hard to play/master, Mercy is free to play/master. Her healing is simply pointless, as everything can outdamage it, and the best way for healing certain characters now is just telling them to go to a corner and die, so you can rez him. Now Mercy is quite the opposite to what Mercy should be. She should be a strong (but balanced, not op) single target mobile consistent main support focused on her healing and mobility. Now she is a cheap but weak intermittently mobile consistent off support focused on going dps and rezzing. That’s not Mercy at all.

And yes, hide and rez was just a myth. According to even its creators it was:
Just a bunch of Mercys hiding” Seagull, the pro player. Just a hint, a bunch is not the totallity, not even a half.
Not a matter of her kit but a matter of her broken SR system” Taimu, the pro player. Yes, Mercy’s SR system was terribly designed, as it rewarded huge rezzes over anything else, so it was the best way to climb (remember how so many people started yelling about boosted Mercys? That’s it)
Hide and rez was nothing but an exploit. One that could be easily fixed with simple tweaks and an E ability. Never a revert back to all her worst designs from the past.

From my point of view, she should receive a real E ability (not something as broken as E rez is, she doesn’t need an E ultimate). What type of E ability? That’s a good point to discuss. Anyway, by adding something in compensation for the nerfs that mass rez would receive, she should be less of a f-tier. At least she wouldn’t be as hard to balance as she is right now, imo.

4 Likes

I think it’s easier to balance mass rez as well and to give her a true E ability would be AMAZING, something that she could compensate for.

1 Like

my god give it up already

look at every design change they’ve made on every hero ever so far

lowering the power out of one ability and placing into the rest of the kit, see torbs turrets or w/e, scatter shot, syms beam and mercys rez

holy smokes this has gone on way too long

If they re add mass rez they can re add scatter shot too

1 Like

Blizzard can actually admit their mistakes and make up for it, just remember Loot 2.0 in Diablo 3 (if you ever played it in the AH/RMAH era), like “hey guys, sorry we messed up, here’s a new one”, but they never did “hey guys, we messed up, then we messed up worse, so here’s the first messed up version back becaue we can’t think of anything else”. That would be a HUGE fail for them.

I’d be actually way happier with that if it only broke into 3 pieces and bounced once. Lower the cooldown to 4 seconds for all I care then.

What? I’m saying that they’ve never said that they hated mass Res.

Yes and Jeff said Mercy is his favorite hero, and then nerfed her to oblivion without any compensation to a level where she’s a borderline throw pick, then they pushed a patch to PTR where they didn’t even raise her healing to 52 or 53 or something just to see where it goes.

Also, remember the reasons?

“It promotes bad habits.”
Then comes the double sniper meta, that’s all about selfish picks and never touching the point/payload.

“It’s unfun to play against.”
Because it’s fun to be cornered by a Hanzo, a Widow, and a Brig so no matter where you go you get oneshot or mauled. Adds Moira to the game where the whole kit promotes “fk your team just be DPS”, adds Brig to the game who is “I’ll keep m1 pressed and I can 1v6, sometimes I’ll just use my abilities too”

It’s pretty obvious it doesn’t matter what they say when their actions tend to be the exact opposite.

Do you fervent Mercy Mains have jobs or anyother hobbies than crying about a video game character. Your time and energy could be put to better use than falling apart about non-issues. Mercy is fine.

What exactly are you trying to prove? Like I said, they’ve never once said that they hated mass Res. If you’re going to argue like this, I can easily say, “they added ults that counter masss Res so they are preparing for its return which means that they don’t hate it”. I won’t, because again, arguing like this is pointless. If he hasn’t explicitly said it, don’t say he said it. All you’re doing now is making assumptions with not enough evidence. That’s called a slippery slope.

People like to throw this sentence around like they know what it means. Let me just say, you may think you know what it means but I’m here to tell you that you don’t.

2 Likes

Statistically she is not fine. (at least to the data we have access too which may or may not be accurate)
The only thing that can be talked about is how to fix her of which we all have various opinions/ideas.
Its a pity there seems to be a lot of hostility on the forum when a different opinion is put forward (on both sides) instead of just disagreeing and moving on like civil human beings.

1 Like

Turn Mercy into a DPS.

I never said they said it. I said it’s clear from their actions that either they hated it, or just the OWL pressured them to remove it. Honestly I even hope they just flat out hated it because at least then they did it genuinely, not just spitting 99% of the Mercy playerbase in the face because some kids in the OWL didn’t like to play against it.

It’s not like Torb that most of the players agreed is useless and needs a rework, nobody actually wanted a Mercy rework after the extra SR for mass rez has been removed.

Then you were just being misleading.

I don’t particularly like slippery slope arguments.

Keeps splitting hairs over phrasing, you know exactly what I meant.

Then I wouldn’t have replied thus far about it.

You guys are being posted to OWCirclejerk btw.

I really hope Mass Rez comes back, i would like to see how the new heroes would affect it.

3 Likes