Mass Res Will Return | 10 Reasons Why

All the points made in her thread boil down to, old Resurrect was better… Literally, she’s arguing against Mercy’s current state and gives a couple of comparisons between the two iterations of Mercy that make the old Mercy look better. Also, you completely missed the point I was making.

It’s not a fact. It quite literally cannot be proven as such. All you’re doing is appealing to ignorance.

1 Like

LMAO writing a book Probably just a triggered mercy main with an account named revertmercy lollolol im dying.

Your sentence makes absolutely no sense…

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! I humbly ask that you keep it classy please and read the CoC before posting. This isn’t the place to attack other groups of people. Thanks for your cooperation! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

4 Likes

Despite our disagreements I like this response a lot.

Edit: may even adapt it for my own use on toxic posters.

3 Likes

It is stated in the original post.

To the other replies;

If Bliz can do a rework on the scale of Mercy’s they can also revert it. Reworks weren’t always a thing. And then they happened and became commonplace. Just because we haven’t had an ult reverted yet doesn’t in any way mean it won’t happen.

2 Likes

honestly games should be balanced to make the game more fun tbh.

mass res was not a fun time period.
so was pre-nerf valkyrie.

now shes unplayable
dont bring back mass res
the same thing will happen again
theres no point to arguing it.

See that’s not good balancing for fun because the difficulty of Dark Souls is the draw of the game. The fact that Dark Souls is hard but fair is what makes succeeding even more delicious. Making that sort of change would decimate the game.

Good Devs know what their game is, what the draw of their game is and can make changes that make the game better and more fun. WITHOUT sacrificing balance.

Only if you do it badly.

Did you feel alienated when Ana was released? How about when Hammond was released? What about the rework of Horizon?

I would bet not, but now that Hammond exists, I find the game much more enjoyable (assuming I’m able to pick him).

I need to frame the original post in this thread and put it on my wall. Thank you RevertMercy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any ultimates that are fun to play against when pulled of successfully come to mind? I’m asking because I can’t think of any.

1 Like

This whole “fun” line of reasoning when it comes to balance is irrelevant. As evidenced in this and many other threads. What one finds fun in could be unfun for others and come at a cost of fun for others. It’s pointless. Fun is subjective.

3 Likes

The key word in both of these questions is “released” meaning they had no established core design until that moment. Did it impact the game? Of course, but they were new and as such no specific expectations were set save that they would be new hero’s with new mechanics to interact with.

Did they make changes based on BALANCE to them? Of course. That is the difference you are not seeing here. Changes based on balance (as opposed to fun) to existing content produce much better results. As making changes under this philosophy better ensures fairness.

Is fairness fun? Yes. Shooting for balance better accomplish’s what we all want. Shooting for fun destroys balance.

Which was changed due to balancing reasons. There was a very real balance issue where first point was far to difficult to hold due to a lack of options for the defense and way to many approaches for the attacking team while second point was all to easy to hold due to how close the defending teams spawn door was and several places the defending team could hold that were all but impossible for much of the enemy teams roster to remove them from.

Which means those changes were motivated by BALANCE issues. Good changes are made when they prioritize and think of balance over everything else.

1 Like

This. When a D.Va just wiped all 6 people in my team in a second, or Junkrat did the same or any other of the many wipe ults did it similarly quick, I can’t say I’ve ever said “wow, this is so fun!” :stuck_out_tongue: Or say when rein or Mei stun my team and kill us one by one. Just so fun that is.

But I don’t complain about those like I didn’t complain on a mass rez. Because we got out played! And it could be mitigated by the team playing better. And with Rez you are using an ULT to counter ANOTHER ULT. Not like Rein holding up his barrier and blocking an ult. Mercy couldn’t wait a few seconds and just by doing nothing have another mass rez ready. She had to heal.

3 Likes

Exactly. Which is why the whole “funness” argument really is irrelevant when it comes to balance etc.

Balance should always come first, as we all play the same game, but not necessarily the same heroes. Ones fun is not more valuable than another’s. Must take all into consideration.

It’s kind of sad how much this “funness” type nonsense has dominated so many discussions. Really only became popular due to Mercy stuff. Smh.

2 Likes

Id argue that fun is more important than balance but that is just my personal bias. I just think games are supposed to be fun. If it’s a balanced game that has no fun, like what’s the point? Amirite?

1 Like

Yes. Games are supposed to be fun. But if person A finds one thing fun, and person B finds that same thing unfun, then it cancels itself out.

What is fun for one could be unfun for another etc etc etc. That’s why balance becomes the primary focus. As that, ideally, equalizes fun among all parties.

4 Likes

Agreed with most of it, however it was said that “We would rather not remove res, but if needed we will” or something in that direction.

So I believe they will just remove the ability before reverting Mercy.

1 Like

Thing is though… if you are placing balance above everything… you won’t ever add any new heroes because that is practically guaranteed to throw balance off.

Do I need to point out all the anti Brigitte posts that happened?

This is something not brought up much, but is very true. They have seemed more open to the removal of rez than they have keeping or reintroducing mass rez into the game.

1 Like

I believe so as well.