Mass Res Will Return | 10 Reasons Why

The you should probably change the title.

Can I choose provide something interesting in my day.

Agree to disagree.

She is currently pretty much in Alpha state now. So realistically her rework, was a revert.
If they were happy to revert to this, with everything that it did to the game. Why would they not consider reverting back to when she wasn’t considered such a monster to the game and provide fixes that will not return it to the state it was in before that people got so upset with.

I hope they bring back old Mercy.

“The Doctor Is In!”

1 Like

I would love to see a megathread made again simply because I hate seeing the same 5 Mercy topics talked about all day every day by a new person every thread.

I feel like everything that could possibly have been addressed in a year has been addressed and people are just making threads to repeat what someone else has already said.

Like this one for example.

The only thing this thread exists to serve is to clog up the forums by posting that Titanium thread link and adding in NO new information when they could have simply bumped that thread instead. It’s unnecessary.

Bumping is against CoC.

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to General Discussion - Please Read!:

2 Likes

Yeah that only applies when the thread is old enough to make it a necro. There are so many posts going into that thread that it’s always active.

This also goes into the point of making a new thread simply to just post a link to a thread that already exists is not a form of bumping already? Technically no but if your post adds nothing new other than someone elses work copy/pasted onto it then I believe it should be considered spam as well.

I’d say more than a month is pretty old.

It is spam. That according to the CoC is duplicating a thread.

1 Like

The problem is that if you center your game balance around “fun” you will find yourself in a battle you cannot win. You adjust one thing to make something more “fun” for one group of people and then you discover that as a result of said change other people are having less “fun” themselves.

Fun is subjective and changes from person to person. Not to mention that in games that are competitive in nature you need “unfun” aspects in order for it to even have a competitive atmosphere at all.

No, changes to a game should be centered around BALANCE. Fun is nebulous and non quantifiable. Balance is measurable.

They do… it is not hard to determine that if you see 3 enemies die in the kill feed and you also see three blips of assist points on your screen that you had something to do with it. Then all you have to do is use your memory recall (unless you have a memory worse then a goldfish) to remember what you did.

However, in conjunction with your assist feed it tells you EXACTLY what you need to know. That you had impact. I am sorry that it did not toss a bowl of confetti in your face and tell you that you did a good job. What more are you wanting out of this?

1 Like

Then my point stands that either way it’s spam. I don’t see why you bring up the CoC to try to defend bumping as if that thread is okay then proceed to call it spam 1 post later.

Have you known of anyone who has been suspended for posting relevant information into a thread a month old? I sure haven’t. I can understand getting suspended for simply putting “Bumping so people can see it” but I have never heard of someone getting suspended for bumping a thread with relevant information.

A thread of that magnitude I don’t see that happening.

Because that thread isn’t spam? If it was it would’ve got taken down. All that thread did was reference the Titanium thread to make a point.

The thread in question either gets locked or 404ed.

Are you kidding me? It is thread duplication and you know it. Go into the thread and please tell me what in that OP is NEW information aside from the part that is a duplication from Titanium’s thread. There is NOTHING in that thread that isn’t from Titanium so by the standards you claimed earlier that thread IS spam.

I clicked on the thread before replying to you. In the first few lines, he says that he’s referencing the thread. Hence why he linked the Titanium thread. The thread’s main focus is to ask the devs for a response to the Mercy feedback. It isn’t spam at all. If it really was against CoC, the devs would’ve acted on it. It’s been more than a month and that thread is still very much alive.

There ya go I can use CoC too.

It is difficult to design for fun… but that doesn’t change the fact that a game that no one finds fun (or otherwise engaging) will die… and then the game’s balance (or lack thereof) ceases to matter.

There’s a reason why Street Fighter went past having only Ryu and Ken as pallet swapped identical characters. Perfectly balanced, but not nearly as fun as the less balanced newer games.

1 Like

It’s not spam as it’s not one person just making thread after thread and so on and so forth. It appears like spam, as there are so many Mercy topics and then topics are made in response to another topic etc etc. Its just ridiculous.

Then you check in on the thread and you see the same 5-10 people saying the same things they’ve been saying for a year now or whatever. Just a constant recycling of, imho, utterly useless conversation. Just how it is tho when it comes to this Mercy stuff. The more it grinds on, the more people’s patience wears thin as the repetition becomes overwhelming.

There is no reason the OP should have been flagged to the point of their post being hidden. It’s also no surprise that it was.

As for the content of the post, it is all very far reaching stuff imho. Given what has transpired over the time since the rework I think it is fair to assume that Mass Rez will not make a reappearance in this game. When Jeff stated he wanted to put the idea of a revert to rest he was CLEARLY referring to reintroduction of Mass Rez as that is all a revert referred to at the time. Thus OP’s name.

Furthermore, it cant really be argued that Mass Rez reversion would be healthier or better. Mass Rez was a problematic ability, thus why invuln was added to it. Then all the other issues.

We have no way of knowing how Mass Rez, let alone a form that includes LOS restrictions, cast times, lack of invuln, etc, would perform in the current game environment. It could be completely and utterly worthless. Furthermore, such a change results in another chain of balancing and unpredictability that no one other than those Mercy mains hard addicted to Mass Rez demanding it after a year wants.

Reversion to Mass Rez is not a simple answer. The best solution is working with what we have, as the devs have been committed to for a year now.

I really wish we could say this discussion has evolved over the course of the previous year but clearly it hasn’t. Unfortunate.

I’ve already said that that isn’t the main focus of the thread. Again, the OP was just referencing the thread. Also, again, the mods would’ve removed the thread or locked the thread long ago if it was against CoC. The fact that they didn’t should be an indicator that it isn’t against CoC. Also, I don’t know if this would help or not, but I’m pretty sure the thread got flagged so much, the contents of the thread were hidden. That was removed though after a day or something. With that in mind, wouldn’t that mean that a mod has already checked it and concluded that it was clean?

The purpose of that thread is to ask the devs for their input on the results of Titanium’s thread. Lets think about this logically. If they were going to give feedback and a reply to Titanium’s thread what seems the most likely option. Titanium’s actual thread or some random person who made a thread just to link Titanium’s post?

Theres nothing to be said about a concept that is trying to shoehorn Mass Rez back into the game.

Mass Rez was moved away from, for reason, and many, the devs included, clearly feel that the game is better without Mass Rez.

Who knows, maybe in a year or two people will be able to let Mass Rez go.

Either. It doesn’t matter what they reply to. Like, don’t you remember the “we have no plans to revert” reply? It wasn’t a reply in the megathreads but rather, a reply to a thread asking about the contents of the megathread.

2 Likes

My shaman in WoW got ruined about 5 years ago and I’m still sad about it. You don’t see me making thread after thread about it… :frowning:

Hopefully one day people will understand that Blizzard isn’t going to listen to the loud minority on the forums.

2 Likes