Mass report is a thing, and you will get suspended

Silenced for 14 days, because cheaters mass reported me for exposing and calling them out in chat.

So in other words, it is automated system that anyone can abuse and already abusing.

:-1:
Action Taken: We have silenced this account.

Due to these player reports, we have silenced your Overwatch® account until 2024-05-08 23:11. For more information, read our Account Silence article.

As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of a compromised account or similar extenuating circumstances.

Regards,

Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment
:dash:
i know, i can appeal, 7 days waiting time.

-Victim of automatic chat ban from mass fake reports.

22 Likes

Should old “news” be called “news”, or just call them “olds”?
This report system has been like this since years ago, report race was, is and will be a thing
Mute all, never join chat, pick whatever you want and “try your best”, and you should be fine
I played all my DPS placements so far with low tier characters that I barely use, and I still haven’t get banned

2 Likes

It is because the system is so ripe for abuse that I never connect my mic anymore… Things were so much simpler during the early-to-mid 2010’s.

9 Likes

How many cheaters do you run into in your games to get enough reports across mutiple games?

14 Likes

Blizzard is heading for a massive lawsuit for banning paying players over nothing.

3 Likes

Lol ya no lawfirm would ever take on this lawsuit. There is no ground to stand on for one.

7 Likes

Like 60% of my games have at least 2 aimbotters. Day i was chat banned i met at least 10 groups of 5 stacked aimbotter premades that i called out. guess they mass reported me.

1 Like

Maybe chirp less in the many lobbies you are falsely accusing people of cheating in and you wouldnt get silenced.

13 Likes

There will be lawyers that play OW and feel justified to make a claim though. Or people with more money than sense that will pay for it. And Blizz would need to demonstrate that the messages exist.

Personally I think it would make a great episode of Judge Judy if nothing else.

1 Like

It’s always just been based on report volume, but I do believe they reduced the threshold recently for action.

As someone in this position, I can promise you that it’s not about money or ability. It’s about the time, and it’s simply not worth the time when a new account takes just a few minutes to buy or set up. They are just tanking their own revenue for no reason.

i am calling out cheaters because i know that they are cheating. But lesson learned, nobody gives a damn about it anyway.

4 Likes

Make sure to go and check replays to confirm then as i can promise you as someone who does just that most people you are accusing and attacking before a game is over are not cheating. Deserved silence if you ask me as you are being toxic and attacking others in game. Best to just view replay to confirm then report. Maybe state your suspicions in chat once but dont make a big deal out of it as more than likely you are falsely accusing half the people you attack.

3 Likes

So you are one of those that thinks anyone better than you is an aimbot. I get a lot more people like you complaining someone is aimbotting in games than actual aimbots. Just sad you can’t accept others are better than you.

You know we all play the same game. If what you say was actually happening we would all see it. But just in your games? Hmm.

If this is so common then post a few replay codes so we can all see it. I doubt you will though.

8 Likes

:moyai: gawd damn

Happens to me all the time brother. (or sister). I stay on a communications ban about 6 months out of a year simply for calling out cheaters in chat. As incompetent as Blizzard is, I doubt they let people get another person banned simply by mass reporting a person themselves. Which tells me that 1 person you call out for cheating isn’t getting you banned. It’s more likely that for every 1 cheater you call out 2 or 3 others in the game were cheating more inconspicuously and also reported you because it makes them butt hurt to see cheaters get called out. Often times when calling out an obvious cheater I’ll get other people, even ones on my team, that say something along the lines of “so what it’s quickplay, who cares” or “just let them play their way and you play yours” like cheating is some kind of actual play style like RPing in an MMO or speed running a game instead of enjoying the quest text. This is basically what our society and the current mentality is. If you want to crap in sand and lick your arm in class then you’re a cat, and “cheating” isn’t nefarious, it’s just “a way to play”. I guess they identify as a good player and the cheat programs are their plastic cat ears or their way of tucking their junk.

2 Likes

You could also go about in a way that doesn’t endorse these cheaters and other people reporting you,

since cheaters are reporting you to give you a suspension when you call them out, by calling them out you technically give them even more entertainment, not only are they cheating, but are also making others that complain get suspended.

Which is pretty screwed up to have as a system, but by the very least you could not let get these cheaters on your nerves, because that’s lowkey one of their potential goals…

2 Likes

I’ve been actioned in the same manner.

Now what I do, is call out cheaters in team chat only. Still get some teammates arguing the toss, I just tell them not to take my word for it, but go watch replay and make their own mind up, I’m just stating MY opinion.

I never let the enemy team know I’m reporting one of them for cheating now. It’s not worth the false reports.

4 Likes

i am playing first shooter since 1999. I know when someone is cheating. Calling them out when all others were defending them and exposing them was, is, will be, my thing.

It is game sense. Yes i watch kill cams before calling them out. Also i send a lot replay codes to hack@team for faster bans. Not sure if they do anything.

That’s what im going to do. thank you.

It’s not false reporting tho.

It’s harassment, and that’s against CoC

1 Like

Unlikely. As a lawyer who plays Overwatch, I understand that there aren’t grounds for a claim. Other lawyers would also.

5 Likes