Marvel Rivals makes me glad Overwatch exists

Marvel as a corpo are sellouts so they probably chose all safe heroes.

Idk if magik is gay?

But yeah, i agree i am sure black panthers gonna be it as far as poc representation.

I still don’t understand how you choose mag over storm, rogue, cyclops, or even wolverine.

I believe Loki is bisexual or gender-fluid. I’m certain Deadpool will join eventually, too.

OW does inclusion very well. But in the same context that no one should condemn a video game for including LGBTQ+ characters, I’d argue that you shouldn’t deprive yourself of a game that’s wholly neutral and still depicts a pretty accepting, open universe full of PoC super heroes, powerful women, etc.

2 Likes

It does. Will they use them probably not. Just the movie chars which make sense i geuss.

The government is yeah and they’re been cracking down harder on media the past few years. It’s a bit more complicated with the actual creatives and fandoms though.

CN stuff tends to have a crap load of “bromance/sismance” (that everyone knows are actually intended to be lovers) and skirt up as close to the line as humanly possible without triggering censorship laws.

Well, it certainly doesn’t have my vote of confidence either. And to be brutally honest, the comic universe has done a pretty rough job with this in recent memories. Of over 20,000 super heroes and villains I’d imagine less than 100 have had their sexuality explored. So there’s not a HUGE pool to pull from to start, on top of the developers being a Chinese company and would likely choose not to spotlight any of these sort of things even if they were to include them.

Definitely a bummer. But, like I said before, as long as it doesn’t seem to be going out of its way to do injustice by a hero’s likeness (i.e. whitewashing, etc), I’m cool with it.

1 Like

To be fair white panther is a marvel hero. Lol. But i 100% agree.

Hey they got pun and magneto. That would keep me content. But i expect them to fall apart in half a year.

That’s fair about Loki, I didn’t know that. But just cause I’m not an Avengers superfan, doesn’t make me clueless about Marvel. If you must know I’m more of an X-Men guy.

Regarding Loki tho, that’s still only 1/26, which is significantly lower than the real life numbers of LGBT people

@Axafekt

Storm is in Rivals

1 Like

Is she? Well that changes things. I would play storm.

Depending if they do her justice. She better be a dps.

Who are the supports?

You really haven’t played or seen anyone play the game but still chose to comment huh…

You really saw cordial convo and went this route? Smh.

To answer yes. Yes i did. what are you gonna do about it? :thinking:

Yeah, Storm is DPS.

The healer choices are kind of crazy imo:

• Loki
  • Mantis
  • Raccoon
  • Luna Snow
  • Adam Warlock

Imo only Adam, Luna and Mantis fit the healer vibe

1 Like

Jeff the Land Shark is also coming!
So adorable!

Rocket as a support is wild. Does he play like bap? Thats the only way i kind of see it.

He shoots moira type healing balls that slowly bump around, can attack with his gatling gun, can place a depot to rez one dead ally, climb walls and has rocket on the back so he can kinda fly/ move like Pharah.

Also when the team has a Groot he can sit on him and dps/heal.

With Punisher in the team he can place a device near Punisher to have him infinite ammo and can shoot faster.

His Ult is an AOE damage boost. Sounds support enough.

Overall the game is quite messy but casually fun because its imbalanced as hell :rofl:

1 Like

Sort of. I’d say he’s more like a weird Illari/Weaver mashup.

His primary does damage, second shoots heal orbs. Abilities are a quick dash, wall climb & slow fall passives and a deployable that revives allies. ultimate is dmg boost deployable.

You want a gun, and wish “someone” would “erase my mind” … is that a threat?

1 Like

she is but shes not that great tbh

1 Like

That’s such a dumb reason

2 Likes

I think they are having a mental breakdown… Either that, or they messed up a Men in Black reference…

3 Likes