Marvel rivals is 2016 OW, for better and for worse

Who is the mercy of marvel rivals???

Nice Post

I did chuckle at this bit though lol.

Well, there’s no characters like D.VA and Mei sooooo…
And it’s another Gaas… You’re gonna have to convince me.

This was true when the game was completely new and fun, win or lose. Once that newness wore off and we started to care about winning and started to develop preferences as to what and how we play, balance concerns came front and forward. This also applies to Rivals and all other PvP games.

Rivals has been very fun so far. It got me excited in a way OW hasn’t since probably 2019 or so.

No one knows what it will look like and what the long term reception will be after full launch, but competition is always good. Rivals is 6v6 open queue. I strongly doubt the OW devs would be openly talking about 6v6 if games like Rivals weren’t threatening to steal players

3 Likes

And who’s the Mei and D.VA?

1 Like

Wow you just summed up my Overwatch mentality, I never cared about balance I liked Sombra the way she was, and I wish I could go back people are concern with killing they forgot the the main objective the killing part is the slow the other team down, so who cares if one hero can give you the slip.

I’m really happy this exists for people who think they want 2016 OW. So that they can go experience it and realize its not as good as they remember.

I mean, pure chaos is fun in small doses but it gets old fast. Its nice when you just want to play casually and experiance cool “moments” but don’t care about the outcome of the match.

OW needs to think seriously about its direction of growth. Trying to recapture the “magic” of the 2016 era is a waste of time because its never going to hit the same way. Novelty can only be new once. And now, Marvel Rivals is doing that anyway so there’s no point. I do think OW has real potential if it takes itself more seriously and embraces a more competitive energy, but it needs a lot more work to its fundamental gameplay if it really wants to live up to that potential.

Not the spirit link totem

Its probably more of a casual fanservice game than a competitive one.

1 Like

It’s a ranged 2-shot with a very forgiving hitbox, so pretty OP compared to a lot of things in the game. Main problem with it is having to run a Scarlet Witch lol

3 Likes

MR made me feel why I enjoyed early OW1 more than current day OW2.

It’s not perfect, but it’s what made it better somehow lol.

2 Likes

Is pun one of the heroes? I would play to one trick punisher for sure.

Yes he’s got a pretty standard shooter kit swaps between assault rifle and shotgun, can also go into a bastion-style turret but it’s on a big cooldown

1 Like

Kinda be liking Storm just wish she shot lightning for her primary. Although might make Thor upset

2 Likes

Pepega, plasticine, no consistency, no feedback, no nothing, go there please, I dare you!

Groot is kinda Mei because he can build walls
Hulk is kinda DVA because he can change back to skinny human form when he “dies”. Both are tanks.

ive been loving it, i will admit having to beg to have a working team comp can suck, but the heros in that game are genuinely all fun enough that im willing to fill most of the time.

marvel rivals is what i want to play now cause OW has just done so much to alienate me that i cant bring myself to turn it on

nah the competitive scene has better features tbh. It gives clear mmr readings, and while its hard to get teammates to work together just like in OG ow when you do it works, also at diamond and above there are picks and bans so you can stop op heros from ruining every match.

Currently there is a reward that you can carry over to the release version if you hit Gold rank in comp mode and because of that comp mode is a chaotic disaster full of ppl who have no idea how their heroes work running around getting farmed by those who understand how the game works. Advise to stack.