Many Workshop Requests and a Thank You

Hey! I help run a workshop game called RogueRPG, It’s basically a Roguelike but in Overwatch. After each round the player chooses 1 item out of the 4 randomized ones, These range to Stat buffs to custom ultimates. There is over 500+ items and more to come in the next update for the workshop game, I bet me and many other workshop creators would love to have more features, sounds, effects and more shenanigans!

• Search Bar
    This one is very simple, when you have like over 200 rules it gets quite hard to navigate and find all the rules, I bet me and many other workshop creators would agree.

• More Sound Effects and Visual Effects.
    If we could get more Sound Effects and Visual effects, it would allow for more customization and in RogueRPGs case, more difference between items when they activate, same with Visual Effects, they would allow for even more customization. For sounds it would be really cool if we could access Hero Sounds, For example lets say the sound when Solider would fire his Helix Rocket, that would be really cool as a sound.

Now for more Workshop Features:

• Fire Rate
    If you could change the fire rate for a hero, that would be really cool, Example : making reaper just shoot generally faster, i bet many people could mess around with this and make interesting things with this.

• Making Deployables and Barriers Intractable through Workshop
    Now this is something i would really like to see, If we could interact with Turrets from Sym and Torb we could be able to do so many things, I can imagine Wave-Defense workshop games with this. You can Edit it’s Damage, HP, and maybe even make it a thing so if you get within 10m of it you start taking 10DPS for an example. Would be really interesting if we could see this in workshop. It would also be nice if something like Damage(Ray Cast Hit Player, 100) actually did damage to Turrets and Barriers.

Extra Little Things and quality of life changes:

• Making it able for a raycast to detect a head hitbox.
  • Reflect Vector along Axis
  • Enabling/Disabling the Workshop from Scrolling ( when you try to talk by pressing enter it sends you up all the way to the top, which is annoying. )
  • Set Capture Rate for Player, Where setting it to 0 will make it so they can’t interact with objectives, 1 is just normal, 2 would make it so they would count as 2 players, and so on.

And now, a thank you for everybody on the Overwatch team who works on Workshop, it has given me so much Joy since it was released and i’m very grateful.

If any of you are interested in RogueRPG, We normally host around 6pm-12am ( EST ) on random days. When workshop PTR changes comes to Live we will be hosting sometimes, so just search it up around that time. ( sometimes i name it RougeRPG. ). If you made it to the end thanks for reading and have a good day.

1 Like

You can use a rotation matrix and use the angle between the axis and the vector.

Also, you might want to add your suggestions to this thread:

But you should make sure that the stuff is not on the list yet, because I think the firerate modification, more sounds and effects and interacting with deployables are already on the list.

2 Likes

ah aight ty, i will probably do that eventually

1 Like