Making Valkyrie feel powerful

I agree with both of those, but as I said, I am not aiming to make ground breaking reworks in this post. Just enhance what her current ult offers.

Well, ****. Let’s compare it to trans then. She is a main healer. I’m comparing it to other main healers. Tell me how good Coal or nano are in those situations.

Yeah, right. Let me switch to Orisa instead of Mercy then -_-

Widow - yeah, probably. Better wish luck to Pharah though.

Do you even play Moira? Her ult actively reduces her survivability, as it locks you out of fade. Any good DPS and most tanks will eat you alive through it. unless you’re under 2900sr of course

Well, then it’s there together with nano and coal, so no big deal.

I agree. This may actually be enough.

1 Like

I don’t really see anything about these changes that actually changes Valkyrie though, TBH. They are tweaking the numbers and speed, but to me the numbers and speed aren’t the problem - it’s the fact that you’re not actively DOING anything.

It’s still just beam healing. What do you do for the rest of the game? Beam healing. I just… I want to actually DO SOMETHING when I play the game, y’know?

1 Like

Nano boost and coalescence arent low impact ults though? Nano boost in particular is the perfect enabler. Your genji can shredd through the enemies with ease and your rein just refuses to die. Moira ult has insane range and can pressure enemy supports since it goes through shields. I think youre severely underating those 2.

I understand. I feel the same way. But I mention in the disclaimer that since we are stuck with this version right now, we might as well improve it.

1 Like

I can see the argument that Nano is also an inactive ult because you are ultimately just… Giving your ult to someone else. I feel like Ana’s have right to complain about that. It is, however, DEFINITELY an impactful ult! It’s just unfortunate that every time an Ana seems to nano me my hands become rubber chickens… But that’s not her fault.

1 Like

Oh sorry I missed that - I agree with the tweaks you added, it would certainly smooth out the pain that is current-Valk for sure!

2 Likes

Initial healing is 70hps (for 5 sec) For each second of valkyrie her healing goes down by 2 hps (so at the end it will go back to 50 hps)
Tho if anything that may appear as kinda a nerf to her heal in valk?

Nano can save 1 target from the tire (if it has 250 hp or more). Also if I have to be honest here, brigittes and lucios outheal me after this nerf so, are we even calling mercy a main healer now?

If you want a teamwide dmg boost for 1 target u can go zen too. (plus dmgB is far less utility than zen or ana provide, soooo…)

I don’t know at what level you play the game but at diamond pharah’s kill me everytime I try to close up to them. And no, im not going in a str8 line.

I’m above 2900sr. And no, unless its a hanzo/widow the dps dont kill me thru her ult. I have around 100 hrs on moira over my 2 accounts. I just look to keep my range when ulting, just to avoid the situations you described. Learn to use the ult right (just how some people talk about valk).

Coalescence and nano are so good istg. After these changes to supports nano is the ‘Oshiit’ heal. It gives ana even more healing on top of her basic one + the crazy utility. Coalescence is an ult I use to usually track down my ulting genjis, charging reins, zaryas, hammonds, winstons alive. Or to kill running MERCYs, Moiras. To force out zen trance or lucio barrier (if I dont, I kill them, and then we wipe the enemy). Sometimes you gotta keep your distance based on their comp.
Just like some mercy haters would say
“LeArN tO UsE tHe uLtiMaTe”

1 Like

I think nano is a pretty nice ult to use. It gives you more satisfaction than valk gives you if your teammates kill something. Then again it can dissappoint you more if your teammate doesnt kill smth

1 Like

I haven’t played much Ana so I wouldn’t know, I just can understand how psychologically it would be a bummer to basically have a hero that doesn’t even GET an ultimate. I used to think that about Widowmaker’s ult, but I can see it’s quite useful though - but also, it’s kinda crummy to me that her ultimate is basically just handed to Hanzo on a platter. It seems kinda weird and unfair, but then, I also think Hanzo is pretty ridiculously overgifted when it comes to abilities compared to other heroes, so - Kettle of fish!

Hm, it does feel like a shadow nerf to be honest. All I want is for current valkyrie to outheal winston damage. The fact that a support ultimate cant save your teamates from winston damage is just extremely pathetic…

1 Like

It seriously can’t even outheal a Winston gun??? Are you for reals with this? D: Tell me it isn’t so, that’s just… so, so sad… blergh

(I’m not being sarcastic I just don’t have a head/memory for numbers so I have zero clue what Winston damages.)

Winston damage is 60 dps. Mercy got nerfed from 60hps to 50hps. So yes you cant possibly outheal a god damn winston…

jkhSgd:kHsd BHA;D F;KLJsg dKLJSGDKJ;LDF KJLLJKFD
L;KSDFL;JKselfkJWS;LEKGJSA;LKDJV

…

oKAY THEN.

Edit: CUZ THAT MAKES SENSE!

Its very disheartening I know… Thats why I believe heal decay during Valk is kinda meh. A support ultimate needs to be strong at protecting teamates from at least regular enemy fire.

Why do you post this before I’ve finished my outline for a reworked Valkyrie/Mercy?! Now I feel all the pressure! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

just add a yellow nanoboost graphics effect on everyone affected by valk

no need to tweak numbers