Make Wraith form what it used to be

That won’t solve every problem with Reaper. But I never understood why they made it to where Reaper can’t wraith form out of ults or God forbid Junkrat’s trap. So many characters have the ability to nullify an ult on themselves. But Reaper? Nah.

9 Likes

With weaknesses come strengths.

1 Like

Things that can escape a black hole:

• A flower :white_check_mark:
  • A ghost :x:
17 Likes

The logic is that tanks work hard for their ults and it’s sad to press one button and totally mitigate an ability that takes forever to charge up :frowning:

However it’s really just good counter play and it allows certain heroes to be stronger against certain tank match-ups instead of forcing supports to be the only reliable way to deal with a lot of them.

[Make Wraith form what it used to be]

That was never a thing, but it would be cool. It would also synergies with what moria can do with her ult.

That was literally a thing in OW1

1 Like

They did it for consistency. Also just a nitpick, he could Wraith while being stuck in Junk Trap but he couldn’t move out of it, just become invulnerable in place.

A bit Ghostbustery if you ask me, but Junkrat would put an anti-ghost element in his Trap, just for fun.

1 Like

Wraith should let reaper wall and roof walk using it

3 Likes

If wraith can do it so should fade swift step etc

Usually I’d agree. But Moira and Kiriko are S tier characters. Reaper is the worst character in the game.

1 Like

He is not going to have strengths at the mid season update without compensation buffs. He is already a bottom three character. His wraith should just function. That is not asking for a lot. Is there an ACTUAL reason you are opposed to it?

2 Likes

I love this description so much lol

1 Like

My memory is terrible, but didn’t he always get trapped but could just avoid further damage by going wraith?

I’m not opposed to Reaper buffs. However, I am opposed to the idea that wraith form needs to be able to stop everything. It stopping everything means there’s less power budget to put into the rest of Reaper’s kit. Wrath form is plenty strong enough as it is, it getting punked by a handful of abilities is worth having more power in the rest of his kit. It lets him be stronger where you can use the ability to bail yourself out. And even when you’re going against the things wraith form doesn’t block, that doesn’t mean it’s useless. It’s still incredible for damage negation in normal play. Getting sucked into a grav or stepping on 2016 game design does suck when it happens, but how much of your games do you spend in those scenarios?

1 Like

He could get out of grav, flux, junkrat’s trap, hinder, and a few other things in ow1 and early seasons ow2. Then they hard nerfed it

Not as many as there used to be. Pretty sure it wasn’t just Reaper’s wraith that got those nerfs.

Things that can escape a Junkrat trap:

• A ghost :x:
  • A speedy boy with shurikens :+1:
2 Likes

Wraith and fade need to work on these abilities I 100% agree. Wild that they removed this in OW2 when it was even more necessary.

Edit: I assumed this was about traps, avoiding grav or flux if you weren’t already in it.

But yeah, fade while he’s ulting would be…interesting. Potentially a bit busted, but it would be a consistency with Fade since that ability is supposed to be coded/treated the same way.

That said, I think in the case of Death Blossom, it should cancel the ult since otherwise it would be BS (and I think that allows the ult to be baited nicely etc)