Make smurfing a bannable offence already!

it is bullying, its if someone from college went to 7th grade

Report them for boosting/deranking. That’s what they are doing. Unfairly boosting the rest of the enemy team. And chances are they are also deranking to stay where they are or have deranked to get there so, it’s basically the option to pick for smurfs.

If smurfing in of itself were bannable unranked to gm streamers would be banned. Just as streamers who clearly broke rules in the past, such as xqc, were banned. Yet nobody gets banned for having alts regardless of being a streamer or not so they obviously don’t fall under “unfair advantage” despite you wanting it to.

What you’re missing is that having an alt is not against the rules. Blizzard have encouraged alts in the past…The thing that makes it actionable is manipulating the mmr of an account by throwing/boosting. Simply playing normally from unranked to x rank is neither.

You can argue that it shouldn’t be allowed but then we get stuck into the detail of how unenforceable it would be. Are players not allowed to have alts once they reach diamond? Masters? Grandmasters? What if they had the alt before they climbed? What if they bought the account during OW1 when there was no such rule against alts? What if they never play on their main account? It’s completely impossible to enforce a ban on alts which is why nobody has ever been banned simply for having one. It’s always about throwing/boosting.

1 Like

This is non sequitur.

Fact that someone does not get actioned does not mean it is not against CoC.

Because Blizzard is too afraid to follow up on their own rules!

Alts =/= smurfs!

Why would I? All I do is follow the rules set up by blizzard. And according to those smurfing is cheating!

Nah. It’s just observing the reality of the situation. There isn’t a single person who has ever been banned for having an alt. Not one. Squinting really hard at the CoC and saying “yes, this part is where it says you can’t smurf” doesn’t actually make it so. Blizzard clearly don’t agree that it’s an “unfair advantage” or they’d have actioned people for it by now.

Depends who you ask.

1 Like

Or it’s just not against the rules which is why you need to squint really hard to make it seem like it is.

Jeff even said so himself on the forums:

In which case throwing to manipulate mmr is already against the rules. It’s all about the throwing aspect. However, unranked to gm etc is not against the rules and never has been.

Again not every alt account/new account is a smurf. I never claimed that. Now you are being dishonest, since I clarified this multiple times already. So can you stop making a straw man?

Why would any one treat you seriously now, when you so grossly misrepresent your interlocutor so consistently and on purpose?

Your first post in this thread was:

And then:

You equated unranked to gm, which are simply alts, to cheating. I showed you quotes from the previous Game director that you’re wrong.

Quoted out of context!

here:

I was correcting misconception that smurfing would be considered “griefing” by Blizzard.

Yeah, can you not do this? Answer me this: do you want an honest discussion? Or you are here just to troll?

yes… Because if some one does this over and over again it is not “to create a new account”… It is quite literally to create an unfair advantage… I mean if you make a new account after every 10-15 games, yo are smurfing, but you are not throwing. And many streamers are doing just that! And this is against CoC!

I just showed you your full first post in here. Read the title on this thread and then read your reply.

Jeff said you’re wrong. You’re misinterpreting the CoC to fit what you want.

And I answered it in the post that this is quoted from!

I ask for dishonest tactics to stop. Re write this without anything like that if you want to engage in honest discussion!

There’s nothing dishonest going on at all. You just didn’t explain yourself very well. I tried to move past it here once you said that you don’t consider smurfing to be alts:

Which you ignored and instead started shouting strawman. I too would like the dishonesty to stop.

1 Like

Ok, and what happens when they spend several matches deranking again?

1 Like

They don’t. Generally smurfs are on new accounts.

That’s not a smurf then, it’s an alternate account. Smurfs purposely remain in low MMR to stomp newbs.

1 Like

Alt accounts are accounts that you rank up and play on to practice or other things. Smurfs are accounts made by experienced players to noobstomp and throw away once they can’t bully anymore.

1 Like

So how do you tell the difference?

Smurfs keep making new accounts. Alts don’t.

I have 6 accounts all together most at lower ranks then my main am i a smurff?

Depends. Are you playing to stomp players, and do you throw away the accounts once you’re out of the ranks you can bully in?