Make role 6v6 .

blizzard give up. Just add 6v6 role queue. I dont understand at this point why we dont have it.

Also get rid of character limits?? idky this is a thing on a forum. I get a few words but please reduce it

31 Likes

Because it had a low player count and because queue times go brr.

12 Likes

literally why?

like geuinely what is the point of role queue?

role queue was made to counter ow1 brig, and goats, those no longer exist

why are we hell bent on making someone play a role they suck at and forcing their team to lose

open queue literally opens so much possibiltiy of not losing because if someone sucks at a role they can just switch and let others do it

im sorry if u want queue role just stick to the snoozefest (imo) that is 5v5, i leglt cannot stand how boring 5v5 is and how unbalanced it can be at times

8 Likes

I see you’re at it with Mr. HomieSmasher again, JB.

1 Like

Why would someone choose a role they suck at? lmao.

Edit: if we’re being honest, most people are stuck playing a role they’re bad at (in 6v6) because they’re forced to fill what their teammates refuse to play.

10 Likes

Role queue was added so people could play the role they want, while still having a mostly proper team comp. long time ago the devs said role queue was in the works before goats became a dominant meta. People asked for it since like season 2 of ow1.

14 Likes

quite litteraly the reason we got rq in the first place.

And its also the only thing preventing me from enjoying 6v6 again because its basically flex q with an even higher chance that I will have to fill tank.

4 Likes

its a tough ask

while i want it pretty badly i dont have much confidence that blizzard would put any resources towards it

i think a soft role lock would be more likely (or at least a system to help prevent putting 6 dps players on the same team)

1 Like

I cant know which hero I want to play before the game has started. I dont want to be locked out of the majority of the cast because I was forced to pick something because some people are garbage at the game.

4 Likes

There’s an idea that Gavin Winter (Overwatch’s lead systems engineer) recently said his team is exploring. Open Queue remains the same exact format with a single button, but the matchmaker is altered to consider each player’s most played heroes and sort them behind the scenes with an aim to have two of each role. It automates the process, mitigating people’s propensity for unscrupulous shenanigans.

This approach is not without its drawbacks. This kind of an added parameter will have a major negative impact on the matchmaking speed, lengthening the queue times for this mode across the board. It also shafts the flex players, who will constantly find themselves in lobbies where they are expected to fill.

1 Like

role q is a prison that ruined OW1. please do not. I’d rather fill tank or heal every game than have role lock in 6v6

4 Likes

You want 2-2-2 with Sigma and Domina? 6v6 only works as open queue, and open queue isn’t serious. It just doesn’t work

4 Likes

Interesting! Did Mr. Winter just touch on it or did he go into any depth, like saying whether there’s a cut off point in terms of time played?

Using myself as an example: both in terms of levels and in raw hours played, Bap is number one. However, my next two highest levelled characters are Ram and Zarya - but my next two in terms of time played are Moira and then Zarya. (Moira was a good way to keep sane back in the pre-RQ days while solo healing).

So would I be considered a support or a tank? :thinking:

I’ve suspected they’ve loosened up 6v6 matchmaking back in New Era s1, as my queue times have pretty much halved in Comp. Maybe it was in preparation for Role Preference? (What are we calling this mode?) They did something similar back in 2019, when QP matchmaking became complete rubbish in the run-up to RQ.

I think what we have is a good middle-ground. Max 2 tanks, and most people go 2-2-2 anyway in comp. And I like the benefit of swapping to different roles within the same match, and I also like that I don’t have to think about ranking up three different roles. I can just focus on one rank.

1 Like

“Current DPS wait time: 12 minutes”
“Current Support wait time: 10 minutes”

That is the reason. People are not willing to wait that long for a game. If Role Queue is the answer then 5v5 is the answer.

2 Likes

You realize each role has its own SR, right? If you’re a Diamond Support and a Gold Tank, Role Queue is the thing that lets you play Tank without throwing games.

3 Likes

Open Queue 6v6 max 2 tanks is NOT what Tank players want. Because if they end up being the only Tank on the team, it’s a straight up worst experience than 5v5.

They do need to add 2-2-2 so badly.

2 Likes

No. There is no need for even more of this garbage

1 Like

Uh

Yeah it is

5v5 OQ was fun and silly, but it was absolutely a joke because it was just tank spam, so it needs a limit.

6v6 lacks the player count to function as RQ, so it needs to be OQ.

2 Likes

Lack of RoleQ is the only thing holding back 6v6 atm. That mode hasnt received a proper update for close to a year now and its still going. Only thing Aaron keeps saying is that they’ll deliver for 6v6 while showing nothing.

5 Likes