Make Brigitte a decent healer instead of annoying CC machine

On the other hand though, she makes rein a better pick, as rein/brig is very good combination and her stun allows rein to be way more aggressive, especially if there is a zarya. Also, only way brigitte can win against rein is by using her ult and even then rein can kill her. Though I think rein and brigitte should have different kind of interactions.

2 Likes

The thing is, shield bash against rein can trigger devastating combo against him in team play such as:

Shield bash + Hook
Shield bash + Bastion
Shield bash + Dva bomb
Shield bash + boop (of all sorts)
The list goes on.

Rein becomes more and more a big punching ball you can wipe the floor with.

As someone said in a previous post : flashbang can be annoying but a least isn’t too easy to get right.

A simple solution could be that the shield bash needs to hit Rein’s body directly and not through his shield. If it does, it shouldn’t stun him.
It would force Brigitte to get through the shield to get the stun on him.

Yes. Flashbang can do absolutely the same thing. But Flashbang is not that easy to use and has way longer CD.
The problem with Shield Bash is that this ability is too easy to perform with almost no drawbacks - 5 second CD is not even a cost.

1 Like

She is more of a cc tank than a healer

She also is the only healer that can take horrible positioning without being heavily punished

She won’t be able to counter dive then.

Sorry dude, blizzard wants dive out and I agree with them, no matter how much CC it takes.

You get a Zarya with your Rein, and Brig is suddenly only there to feed both of you or swap. The combo nullifies her frontline ability and turns her into a ball and chain for her team.

1 Like

They’re designed for different things, just like their characters are. Comparing them is like going “Why does Ana’s gun not 1 shot like Widow does? This game isn’t balanced.”

She’s a support tank hybrid if you don’t understand think of Zen but a tank that’s why her healing is so low and her tanking is decent and damage is low also she needs the stun to create space like a tank

I get that your trying to refocus the kit away from CC and towards a heavier healing roll but that’s not going to stop tracer and genji from 1 shoting supports in the back line.

I could see the bash going up to 6 seconds but I’d be disappointed if it went to 7 as it is already difficult to hit a good tracer/genji/sombra in the back line. Granted it should be hard as any stun should be a death sentence but a missed shield bash should not allow a tracer to continue to dive it should tell her its time to get out

The more power ability has the bigger cost and/or drawbacks it should be. It is the basic of design.
Stun is one of the most powerful form or control - it cause a full loss of control, its a hard CC. Stun in FPS games is even more powerful thing.
Brigitte’s stun is kinda long (longer than McCree’s), pretty easy to land and has a little shadow cost in form of pretty quick CD. Missed stun costs only 5 seconds of cooldown, which is very low for such powerful tool.
Any increase of Stun’s CD will also increase it’s cost. The bigger cost - the more each Bash will matter. Also CD increase could be somewhat compensated by, for example, slightly longer charge distance.
The lower CD is - the more spammy ability is. Stuns and other forms of hard CC should not be spammable.

I am not asking for a nerf for Brigitte. Actually, I really want her to be popular and viable. All I am asking for is some rebalance for her. She has problems and it is obvious - she was released almost month ago and there are still tons of threads with whining about her.
I don’t thing that she is OP and that she should not be able to one-shot Tracer, for example. Of course she should, it is her main role to counter flankers.
But I am sure that she is annoying and anti-fun at some point. And at the same time she has huge weaknesses that make her bad or almost useless in cases outside of countering dive.

I’d trade Shield Bash’s cooldown for a better Inspire healing output anytime.
Would happily have Shield Bash on an 8 seconds cooldown if Inspire healed 20~25 HP/sec.

I think repair pack is fine with on a 6 seconds cooldown, but I would like it to trigger Inspire too.

Don’t know, man… I love Brigitte and really want to main her, but… I feel like her character design is just wrong - I’m the minority, I know.

I’m not suggesting the nerf would make her unviable I’m saying it’s taking her in a direction the devs did not originally intend. We’re argueing over a second versus 2 seconds additional CD. I think we both have the characters best intentions at heart we just have differing ideas about where we’d like to see her.

Regarding the lowered armor pack heal i think I’d prefer a stacking inspire ability. 9hp/ps stackable 3 times activated by either using RP or by a hit. Stacks drop off 1 at a time after 2 seconds instead of 3.

Inspire duration is 5 seconds.

I already suggested something like that:

• The base healing on allies decreased from 16HPS to 13,3HPS.
  • The base healing on self decreased from 16 HPS to 10HPS.
  • Inspire now stacks for up to 3 times on each target (~40HPS on allies and 30HPS on self with max stacks).

40HPS of AoE healing is huge, but not as huge to consider her as a main healer. It also will have drawbacks:

1. It stacks only in combat and all stacks ends together
  2. Inspire already has 1.5 seconds of internal CD, so stacks can’t be applied too quickly.It will be ramping-up healing instead of burst healing.

Also her self-healing should be lowered if base healing would be buffed. 30HPS with 3 stacks will put her on par with Moira. Yes, Moira does not have a 600HP shield and 50 innate armor, but she has very good mobility and escape, she can siphon health from safe range and also heal herself with Healing Orb. So if Moira is not OP with 30HPS with such great toolkit then I am sure that Brigitte will not be OP too with 30HPS that takes time to stack and requires her to be in danger of melee combat.

Oops, 5 second inspire means I’d suggest it be buffed to 3 seconds per stack still falling off one at a time still at 9HP perstack. She isn’t supposed to be a main healer and being able to heal 6 targets at 40hp a second reliably is way too over the top

You meant nerfed, not buffed, I think)

It would be 27 on 3 stacks. Kinda okay, but in cases when you can’t stack a lot 9HPS is super low. I mean, Lucio’s passive heals for 16,25HPS ALL the time with no restrictions and requirements.
The main problem with stacking Inspire is to find a balance between not making it too high on max stacks and not making to low on min stacks.
Maybe 12 per stack would work, I don’t know, it requires testing.

No

I don’t think she’s meant to be mainly a healer, I mean, just look at her.

I like the CC. As a Mercy main, I love playing Brigitte even though she’s next to useless on some maps.

That being said, I’m sure nerfs are coming; they always do with new characters unless they’re severely underpowered to begin with.

This is a huge overreaction. I mean, the goal of buffing her healing is not to make her a main healer, but to put her on par with other secondary healers.

She is not supposed to be a strong healer. People keep forgetting that Zen’s healing is F tier and yet people pick him for his utility. That’s how Brigitte should be designed. You pick her for the ability to protect her team, not heal through all of the damage.

3 Likes

What?

I agree…