Make a green post only thread

Well i think it’s because of users changing their opinion because someone with a “higher status” has replied. Whilst there is not an actual difference in status.

Rather have everyone speaking their mind than lying right?

This is very helpful and appreciated.

Let me put it this way, I want to provide my own feedback to the development team and the community. However, it feels awkward having the green text when making my own topics about changes to the game I want to see. Players do think I represent Blizzard, but I don’t. I don’t even directly communicate with the development team and rarely with their community team (only when I need something like a forum pin or something like that).

As an example, a few months ago I was feeling really bad about playing Overwatch dealing with toxic players and made a thread about it. Some of the replies there wanted to ride on the fact that I was a forum MVP. That is valid to some extent, but if there is anything I don’t want to look like is a blinded fool who thumbs up every decision Blizzard makes. Now I do agree with a LOT of things Blizzard has done for Overwatch, I won’t lie about that. But there are some things I think Blizzard could do differently or do better for the game.

It’s not really bad, I am not really abused and I know not to take offense if someone rips into one my threads in a mad fit. Again, people, please if you don’t like anything that I respond, be constructive and feel free to disagree. That makes a constructive discussion.

2 Likes

It must be a bit frustrating when you contribute to a post and everyone turns good for the sake of you “not punishing them”. Even though I understand that’s not your postion

I mean I been called a Blizzard boot licker cause I was agreeing with Blizzard instead of them

Then here, I can’t really disagree on anything cause you end up correcting me anyway :woman_shrugging::rofl:

Needed a doctor?

Once again, I’d like to think I know a lot of technical knowledge and facts about Overwatch… granted, I am a hard stuck mid-tier player in all of my roles, but by providing accurate information, I know it helps create stronger community ideas for Blizzard to see to make Overwatch better.

2 Likes

Green text isnt given to valuable posters

Green text is given generally to people who help a lot in Technical support

And thats it

I do feel like blizz could give some color to trust level 3 or something ?
Or reward people who are constructive and try to be un bias

It’s not only about that, it relies on much more.

Altough it mostly seems like it reflects that here on the OW forums.

MVP FaQ from the WoW forums:

MVP FAQ

Q. Why was the MVP Program created?

A. In many cases, the answers to questions posed on the forums have already been provided by Blizzard Entertainment employees, or are common knowledge for many in the community. However, answers by fellow players often go unnoticed while the original poster seeks a more official response.

In order to address this, we have instituted a program that has shown great success on other Blizzard forums: the MVP (Most Valuable Poster) program. A distinctive posting text color (green) is given to identified MVPs who answer other players’ questions consistently and accurately. It lends a note of credibility to what they post; it allows players seeking answers to take what they say at face value, and frees up Blizzard representatives so that they can focus on their primary responsibilities.

Q. What does an MVP do?

A. MVPs promote constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say—they were also chosen for their knowledge of the game.

Q. Why didn’t you select _____, someone who always gives great constructive feedback on X subject?

A. Please understand that MVPs are not class/race or community representatives in that sense; they are not chosen for their ability to criticize game mechanics and give feedback. They certainly can do this (and many do). The members of the Community Team are still your vehicles through which you should submit feedback by posting on the forums and in blog comments. We do not have a class/race representative system in place at this time and would prefer to hear all players’ feedback instead of a select few.

Q. Why aren’t MVPs the hardest of the hardcore players?

A. You do not have to be max level in World of Warcraft, at the top of the StarCraft II ladder, or have the best collection of items in Diablo III to answer the majority of questions on the forums clearly and accurately. You do not need a specific number of Achievement points to be able to direct players to the appropriate page on the website for their question, or to link to an answer already given by Blizzard. MVPs are chosen primarily for their demonstrated communication skills and helpfulness toward the community, and while some of them may also be top-ranked players in one or more Blizzard games, it’s not a requirement.

Q. Why aren’t MVPs distinguished by the forum they post in most frequently, or the Blizzard game they play most?

A. We request that all MVPs post only where they feel comfortable. With that said, a Battle.net account flagged by Blizzard with MVP status will display as such across all forums, and on all of our new Battle.net community websites. An MVP should therefore be considered a valuable contributor to the community wherever he or she is posting.

Q. How can I become an MVP?

A. Keep posting constructively, answering questions about the game, and encouraging discussion throughout the forums—we’ll take notice. Be sure to follow the Code of Conduct as well!

Questions or concerns regarding the MVP program or its participants can be directed to MVPs@Blizzard.com.

I’m sure there also was a dedicated thread from support regarding what being an MVP actually meant and why the program exactly was created.
But i sadly cannot find it anymore.

1 Like

I don’t know, there seems to be quite a lot of people with trust level 3. I think it’s more of a thing you would have to earn like Wyomingmyst and Nicole.

Giving people colours and shields aren’t necessary, it would be cool. But not necessary. Compared to the WoW forums it’s completely necessary to identify all sorts of things

r/gatekeeping anyone?

Trust level 3 means NOTHING.

2 Likes

I am guilty of this.

1 Like

Really good explanation

Usually these people don’t contribute to anything and just repeat what Blizzard wants people to hear. Same on the technical forums, post some Blizzard articles without really reading the start post and GG. Also when someone posts cheater video’s, they’re the first to respond and act like a moderator while they’re not.

In all my years of Blizzard games these green people are the ones that I have the least respect for because A> they’re unable to express their own opinion and just desperately try to post what Blizzard wants them to post without ever critiquing Blizzard. B> they’re not contributing to anything. C> they’re just fishing for likes and hopefully a job at Blizzard (which they never get). When I think of green text I think of this: https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/the-year-in-pictures_1/oy6ma.jpg

you’re good in my eyes :flushed: :point_right: :heart:

Oh-

Needed a doctor?

how do you even find out what your trust level is and how do you UPGRADE it?

Alt account? Would also free you of any baggage associated with your name.

So you can find it by going to your Forum Profile (click the icon) go to summary. Then click the search bar and remove summary and add

.json

You will see a bunch of gibberish, but you will also notice Trust_level. The highest is your current

You can learn more about trust levels from Pachimari- a Forum MVP in EU here
Trust Levels

1 Like

Level, you’re TLv2

1 Like

As a forum MVP, I am prohibited from posting on alternate accounts.