[Main Thread] - Unexpected server error

Americas Region. I am unable to log in, gets to “Entering Game…” before an Unexpected Server Error Occurs

Then a login screen. Sometimes it just says “Unable to Athenticate”

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not the only one, but this is frustrating. Gotta be on blizzard’s end then?

I am having the same issue as well. Tried to sign on for the day to complete the weekly event and now I can’t…not sure if I’ll have time the rest of the week to get the hanzo skin :confused:

1 Like

I tried on every server and I’m having trouble regardless of the server.

I did some digging and found others were having the same problem march last year. It seems that no one lost any sr. Personally, i belive the game realizes it is their problem and not the player leaving or disconnecting.

1 Like

Blizzard support just got back to my tweet, they’re looking into the issue.

4 Likes

Great stuff, such an annoying problem :frowning:

my 1st time in the forums just to find out if this was a me problem or not. a little happy i’m not alone.

thought i messed something up when i just finished upgrading my PC.

same in asia server dont know why

Same here… But I have 2 accounts and this happens only to one of them. Really strange.

Same here I just got on and I’m trying to get into the game but it keeps on saying “unexpected server error occurred” NA btw

After reading that I just tried my alt account, got in just fine…

Same error here, trying to log into Eu region and it keeps kicking me out, tried to restart everything and still nothing

Still not fixed. I wonder how long it will take them to fix it. Maybe if support can give us a rough time?

Since support is looking into the issue, they might not have a time. We just have to be patient and wait.

Forcing me to sleep :frowning:

Hey y’all,

We’re aware of issues causing “Unexpected Server Errors” for some games right now. Our server squad is on it. Thanks for reaching out to let us know, and sorry it’s getting in the way of your games.

Note that any time you have this error we recommend against queuing for any game type that may get your account penalized. Typically I’d recommend custom games for anybody who can get in. Once I hear back that things are fixed and you have the all clear, we’ll post and release you back on the quick play/competitive queues.

Please note that we don’t reimburse for penalties for situations like this because the system is designed to account for these rare issues and let you keep climbing as long as there’s no egregious abuse of leaving. More info at the thread below.

7 Likes

Thank you good sir/Ma’am

What about the sr I lost from the disconnect? :frowning:

Interesting… I can log in with my alt account as well, but not both. Could this be an “multiple accounts from a single IP address” kind of issue?