[Main Thread] Overwatch 2 crashes after a couple of minutes

i have the same issue in the title of the thread when i open overwatch after a couple minutes it would just close with no error as if I had alt+f4 but this fix didn’t work for me.

One month anniversary soon :tada: Let’s go for 2 months

2 Likes

my game crashed during queue time comp. mode. Legit made me log in again. I restarted ow2, turns out I got kicked out of competetive because of this. Literally couldn’t even start the match besides queuing, servers or whatever crashed and now I’m sitting with a 15min ban and this is not the first time it happened. Fix your servers, like bro how much time will this take. AAA ?? its been months, this is just embarrassing

1 Like

hey yall, update after the post i made 20mins ago, my 15min ban ended and I started a new match. Same problem, got kicked out and now I have an hour ban. Amazing job Blizzard, this game truly is like no other shooter game.

1 Like

The main problem there is for this thread is the byfon anti cheat that’s trash bans legit players SID

2 Likes

Yee seems like they still didn’t adress this issue yet:

2 Likes

The devs do not care not update no nothing. lol. Like people who are really trying to enjoy the game but can’t because OW2 can’t stay open for more than 30 mins without BSOD my pc and others.

1 Like

Same thing happens to me Pc freezes and i hear buzzing sound from headphones and then it restarts

2 Likes

i have atleast minimum requirments fullfilled and my game just closes with no error message and support not replying to me is this some kind of joke? i want to enjoy overwatch 2 but cant

Here’s the thing though. I shouldn’t have to do that. Their game should just work. We as the players should not have to find a work around to be able to play the game. That’s the Devs jobs. They’re supposed to fix these issues. But, from the looks of it, they couldn’t care less. I understand hiccups and mishaps. But these crash issues (be it this one or others) have been consistent since launch.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone in here thinks anyone but the devs should have to do this :smiley:

No way around it for now, though :man_shrugging:

1 Like

4 more days and we have the 1 month milestone! And devs are still not doing anything about the issue let’s just say they care more about the money than fixing any bugs

8 Likes

I found a fix that has worked in 2 pc’s WITH A DEBLOATED OR MODIFIED VERSION OF WINDOWS (like power tools or this is win11) , you need to create a windows 10 or 11 install usb with the media creation tool, then open the usb and execute the setup, you choose to download updates and then after it finished downloading them select to not loose anything not apps not files nothing then proceed with the install as normal and you shouldn’t loose nothing on your pc and now can play overwatch, this can revert some debloating mods so do them again just in case, worked like a charm.
Sorry English is not my first language so if you don’t understand something just leave a reply.
I didn’t try this method on a non debloated windows but it still could work, it doesn’t hurt to try.

still suffer from this one as well only way create new sid

did you try my method? i tried some amount of things and it may be a flawed windows update or missing components in the windows files, i dont have the capabilities to pin point what exact component is so in my fix i just upgrade windows with a fresh iso and it worked so far.

maybe byfron calls for something a file or other thing idk and it doesnt exist or is corrupted in windows, this maybe causes a false positive for people that dont debloat their windows, but in my case is consistent, i can replicate the issue with a windows debloated iso that removed non essential components, the crash happens in this case, but after i aplied the fix it works it just works i can restart overwatch and it still works, and its still debloated i dont know why it works, or how.

1 Like

i have limited knowledge of how this thing works so please if this is complete bullcrap just ignore it, i just want to contribute what it found works for me.

Any help is welcome since the devs themself aren’t doing anything.

1 Like

fix for everyone not need to create new sid anymore just back up your %userprofile% NTUSER.dat file when u create new user then when u getting your crash just log to your own main user restart replace the backup NTUSER on the new user log to the game no crash anymore do it again and again so u dont have to create new user all the time

1 Like

can you please step by step?