[Main Thread] Overwatch 2 crashes after a couple of minutes

it works with windows 10?

Yes, also, you’re going to have to do it every single day because it’ll keep banning your SID every time you change it

I’ve been using the runas /user:[insertuser] "Path\to\OW.exe" in cmd method for over a week and it works flawlessly without having to create new accounts. I just created one, didn’t log in once and it works to this day without having to do anything repeatedly.

3 Likes

can you explain what you did?

Two weeks to get an answer. The funny part is that Blizzard has the agility of a turtle when they make money like a leopard.

Exactly what I said.

1. Create new Windows user.
  2. Run Overwatch with runas /user:[insertuser] "Path\to\OW.exe"
    If you want to copy settings:
  3. exit Overwatch
  4. copy settings from your user folder into the newly created one (only gets created once you run the command above once)
  5. do step 2 again
2 Likes

thankyou bro, this saves me a lot of time and works perfectly.

Wow, so the cause behind this terrible crashing happening to hundreds of thousands of players, is caused by a new anti cheat system falsely flagging your SID.

Would make sense if the anti cheat actually worked. The number of cheaters I’ve encountered in the game using the ‘new user acc’ work around to play, is incredible.

A new anti-cheat system causing legitimate players to suffer, and the cheaters to continue without punishment. When you think the launch of OW2 couldn’t get worse.

8 Likes

Well thats how it is with new Anticheats, there will be bugs and issues that didn’t happen while bug testing in development.

Lets hope they fix it asap

1 Like

Posting here because my post didn’t get any help.

I’m currently running into a problem where my OW2 would crash my computer mid-game. It would just freeze completely to include the sound getting frozen as well until I force the PC to turn off. Anything would help and thank you in advance.

I will list everything below and my attempts at trying to fix this problem to include my specs listed below.

Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900
-B550M AORUS PRO
-Corsair Vengence 32 GB
-Crucial 500GB SSD
-RTX 3080
-Corsair 750W
-2 Exhaust fans
-3 intake fans
-Windows 11

Steps I’ve taken to try to fix this problem

1. I’ve added the extra command line to the Overwatch Game Settings “–tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2”
  2. Run the game as Admin (added this after posting this)
  3. I make sure to not have anything else opened and I have Overwatch as an exception in my firewall.
  4. I turned all my settings to low, disabled dynamic rendering, and only have NVIDIA on “Enable” not on “Enable+Boost” (both settings still made me crash)
  5. I’ve updated my drivers as of yesterday (Oct 18)
  6. I’ve scanned and repaired
  7. Reinstalled and Installed
  8. I’ve disabled overlays from Nvidia Broadcast and Discord
  9. Removed ChromaSdk
  10. I just followed this guy’s youtube video as well
    (Overwatch 2 Crash in the middle of the game | Shuttering | Lagging Issues | Fix - YouTube )

Nothing is working and I just want to enjoy the game. :frowning:

1 Like

Same issue here :(, lmk if u find an answer

hope they fix the problem with the “rendering device has been lost” with some cpus with integrated graphics (¡5 8th gen)

I have exactly this same issue. Has done everything that Blizzard say and non has worked. My PC just freeze and have to shutdown it pressing the power button, I mean is a complete crash. This only happen with Overwatch 2, any other game work fine without issues.

Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
-Be Quiet dark rock pro 4
-MB: Asrock Steel Legend X570
-Xpg 16GB 3200mhz
-MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G (Updated Drivers)
-Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 850W 80Plus Gold
-3 Exhaust fans
-3 intake fans
-Windows 10 complete updated

Finally got mine working; I uninstalled AMD adrenaline, NZXT, and some ASUS LED thing. Game stuttered like crazy on first launch despite minimum settings and good hardware, and then went smooth 60fps. Maybe it has something to do with overlays? I think all 3 of those programs had them

So this used to be a big problem in overwatch 1 and it seems to have come back. I found the solution to this problem was that Overwatch does not like xmp overclocked ram. If you have a xmp profile enabled in your bios, disable it. This has just started happening to me, i disabled my profile and so far so good. Not enough games for 100% sure though.

Is there going to be any recompense for people who suffered this crash and lost endorsement levels because of it?

Something similar worked for me with help of DDU software, however this evening’s new Adrenaline update only made game performance worse. I later tried with an older 22.5.1 driver and now the game is “mostly” stable. It is no longer crashing but many frequent and random intense fps drops make the game unplayable. The PC is also overheating so I had to stop.

1 Like

The game just updated and the “Launch the game with the bat file” method doesn’t work for me anymore. The game just says “connecting” for all eternity once I try to login. Really annoying since I’m the only one out of my 4 other friends that play overwatch who is experiencing this annoying bug. Going to factory reset my computer, as I believe that a program that I coded a few months back is whats causing the anti cheat to get triggered.

Still crashing. plz solve this problem. Can’t use discord overlay option with my friends.

Per Baseult and Kershew (technical forum agent), I created a new admin account (WIN10) and performed the runas cmd (runas /user:[new user ID] “Drive Letter:\Overwatch\Overwatch Launcher.exe”) and my CPU utilization is back to “normal - 30 to 50%” instead of 90+. Go figure…but this definitely needs to be fixed.