Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

Crashes are back, code lines works for me, again :nail_care:t2:

1 Like

any fix please !!!
im gonna kermit sepuko if this keeps going on without a fix

3 Likes

CPU load is much higher for some reason. Game doesn’t crash anymore but frequent random fps drops and micro stutters make it unenjoyable to play.

Performance is much worse than it was while the game was still unstable and although I couldn’t complete a single match without eventually being thrown out, in the few minutes leading up to the crash the game was running incredibly smooth with high and stable FPS (even better than OW1), so I wouldn’t attribute any of the problems I’m experiencing to my “slightly outdated” hardware.

If you peek at the US WoW technical forums, there’s something similar happening there as well. They’ve made attempts at fixing it but for many players with amazing configurations, the game is completely falling apart.

13 Likes

Fixed for me.
Pentium G5400.

Literally deranked and lost so many games because everyone flew off the edge and walked on water like Jesus Christ. Everything worked but this one stupid and expensive game.

3 Likes

For anyone still with issues and has considered the alternative i’ve posted in the past, there is further reason to maybe try it…

• No this is not a fix for Windows users
  • This appears to be a different/extended fix on the known caffe7-18
  • Have not tested it myself/needed to, just came across a post on it & updated mine
  • Further help for those keen in the related thread

And this link should show the diff for that change

Thanks for posting, haven’t helped in the slightest, tried in popos, xanmod kernel, lutris, with 7-18 caffe/7-33 proton, after waiting for 15-20 minutes to cache shaders, identical performance (stutters, freezes in teamfights) with windows using launch commands. Maybe linux is the solution to some things with ow2, but as it appears to me, it is simply game not being able to run well with 2c 4t, which is this thread problem.

2 Likes

Without commands it keeps crashing, especially in competitive, without commands unfortunately you still can’t play

7 Likes

This problem started to me again for no reason, after 3 weeks of nothing

6 Likes

The crashing has been fixed for me but the fps drops and stutters are so frequent that now the game is unplayable.

8 Likes

No crashes or freezes during the last week.

Performance is still absolute garbage at the most random moments.

Edit: It’s freezing again. It worked fine for a week or so but here we go again. What is going on with this game… I’ve had literally zero issues running the game during the last week and suddenly I’m dropping 100+ fps and getting freezes again.

11 Likes

your problem is probably related to Byfron flagging you. Which Blizzard also hasn’t commented on and duck any questions related to it.

Frame drops still here, every game freezes for a second

2 Likes

Hello there,
same problem of microfreeze or bigger freezes during gameplay on 2 differents configs (which ofc had zero problem with OW1) can happen during the beginning of a game session or whatever else,
I tried the line codes , lower or higher graphics etc disable render scale etc
Maybe I have a quickfix which can work on some of you

disable “windows defender” , everything : real time protection/cloud/sample microsoft sent/counterfeit.

Or
let windows defender activate but
(and it’s probably better), put Overwatch 2 folders & Overwatch 2 launcher exe files as “exclusions”,

After some testing this is how I fixed my problems so far (Intel Pentium 2020M)

random crashes mid game - fixed by playing in borderless windowed mode

route 66 loading screen crash - fixed by setting the graphic quality preset to HIGH or lower (regardless of other settings)

The fps still dips very low at random times but at least the game no longer crashes with these settings. Reducing texture quality helps it to recover faster from the fps drops.

1 Like

I don’t know either, I keep getting freezes for no reason at all. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

I’m starting to lose hope. They’ve been silent for a long time.

4 Likes

today i found out that my intel wifi driver was outdated. updating it fixed most of the spiking issues. the game does still have its moments where the frames drop but the game is actually playable for me now. maybe check that if you haven’t?

edit: i had the audacity to close the game and reopen it and all the problems came right back so nvm sorry

3 Likes

Considering how silent the thread is aswell, most people have given up imo.
The only thing that has been done in an entire month is automating something that actually prevents people that had another temporary fix from playing.

Again I’m not usually spitting on any company or even anyone having issues with something, but when you think about it, you can’t actually promote a game to be playable on i3 CPUs yet have half of them not be able to run it properly (at all ?).
Even this becoming the most viewed non-official thread of the past month didn’t change anything.

At that point everybody lost hope.

6 Likes

It’s funny. Everytime i find a solution, and everytime (after a few days) the problem comes back.

An Nvidia update messed up something and made the game freezes. So unistalled and the game went smooth. But after a few days, it’s back.
I may not have the perfect gaming laptop, but it’s ridicolous that the minimum requirement for this game is is 300 less of my gtx

2 Likes