[Main Thread] Can't merge console account

I have my playstation account linked but only my stats and items from the pc version was moved over is there any way this can be remedied?

7 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

1 Like

Same issue - Basically it thinks I am a new player and making me start from the beginning and take the training lessons…!

1 Like

Same issue - Basically it thinks I am a new player and I had a ton of stuff, hours and hours and days of playing

Similar issue on PS5. PS4 player prior and sunk a lot of time / got a lot of skins. Despite the server issues, I managed to get into the Overwatch 2 servers. During that small window, there was never an option to merge. I did notice that my progress was gone, none of my skins available, but it looks like my battle.net is signed in. I’m sure this will be fixed soon, just making sure I’m doing all that I can.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I had accounts on Xbox, PS4, and PC. I did the merge on my Xbox because it’s my main account. Now, it’s only showing me my PC progression. All my skins from my Xbox account are gone and my golden weapons too. Which makes no sense. I did the merge and everything about a month ago.

1 Like

Having the same issue here. Have most of my skins on Playstation, played like 2 hours on PC, now I’m trying to transfer my Playstation progress to Xbox but instead it’s pushing my PC account. All three are linked, but I never got to choose which profile I want to play with.

3 Likes

How will we be notified if tech support attempts to help people get their gear back??

8 Likes

It seems everyone here has a similar issue to me. I’m guessing I messed up the account merge cause I logged in to overwatch for the first time in forever except its now overwatch 2 and I pressed continue when the qr code thing showed up so it opened a internet tab on my xbox and I did the merge thing but I literally have a baby account right now. I don’t understand if I somehow accidentally made a new account or did I miss the memo to transfer while the game was still overwatch 1. There’s also that account merge button on the main menu that does literally nothing. The queues are horrendous right now too so I can’t stay on the game for long before it disconnects me.

1 Like

Stressing over this after having so much time dumped into this on PS4 only to see it take my lvl5 PC account after the merge, beyond distraught and hoping there is a remedy available soon!

4 Likes

Can someone tell me if this thread of replies is going to do anything substantial? I know it just came out today but I’m wondering if some tech people are going to see this as it blows up with replies.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue as many of you. My xbox had hundreds of hours of progress, and i linked to my pc battlenet account with 2 hours of progress. Now my xbox shows my PC progress without a chance to merge. Hopefully this gets fixed

5 Likes

Same issue here even if I’m using just one platform (PS4). Downloaded Overwatch 2 scanned the QR and logged-in, lost all my progress.

3 Likes

Same here dude i will literally drop this game if i lose all my Xbox progress

6 Likes

I really hope they can find how to fix this I really don’t want to start from square one again after so long of working in overwatch 1.

3 Likes

Good question, has anyone else here heard back from IT on another issue in the past? It can be for another game, I just want to know if they check threads like this.

3 Likes

Ingame (on PC) it tells me, that my accounts are being prepared for migration (Xbox account) and I’d have to close the game for it to start, which shouldn’t take any longer than a minute, so it says. Nothing happens when I close the game though.

Do I miss something here?

4 Likes

Same issue im on ps5 and If I click account merge nothing happens I need my things back

4 Likes

Same here - could you let me know if yours goes through? I assume we need to wait days

FINALLY logged in the game just to see all my stuff from OW1 is gone… the pain. The pain.

1 Like