[Main Thread] Can't merge console account

Staff changed the topic of this thread to [Main Thread] Can’t merge console account. but they don’t seem to be posting on here regularly answering questions or anything. Even so this thread keeps getting replies, I keep getting notifications, and I figured I’d try to communicate the following:

Overwatch 2 has been a rough launch, but I feel like it shouldn’t surprise anyone. This is quite literally how Blizzard launches seem to go. They have a history of fumbling out the gate, but they usually always fix things. It can just take time.

I know everyone is upset and frustrated; I am disappointed to. But ultimately there’s nothing we the players can do right now except report bugs, and express valid concerns (like the cell phone number thing). Things like long queue times and waiting for account merge to actually go thru is just gonna take time. The people behind the scenes are real people and they’re probably working overtime right now: tired, worn out, probably hungry. Try to be a little patient. Whatever game or activity you were doing before Overwatch 2 even launched… maybe go back to that for a bit? Just tell yourself Overwatch 2 doesn’t launch for a few more days. ^o^

I hope everyone has a good day & good luck in your future Overwatch matches!!

This Was My Original Post:

Here’s my situation:

• I have played Overwatch 1 on PC, PS4, and Xbox. All have different progresses obviously.

Here’s my questions:

• I have these accounts linked to my blizzard account. Do I need to login on the consoles to merge them or can I merge them together while on PC?

• What do I do if I don’t have one of the consoles anymore? in my case it’s xbox, but I can still sign into and link my xbox account to blizzard’s battle.net.

• What do I do if I no longer have my game disc? In my case this is for PlayStation. I donated mine a year ago because I haven’t played Overwatch and whenever I have it’s just been on PC so I could actually play with my friends.

• Lastly, when merging does it combine everything from every platform? Or do we have to pick one to carry over?

I have countless hours on playstation Overwatch and want nothing more than to have access to skins, icons, sprays, emotes etc. I worked very hard for.

I understand Overwatch 2 is finally letting us merge our progression and I Just want to make sure I’m doing it correctly.

Sorry if this has been asked a lot. I tried to find answers, but they weren’t very clear where I’ve looked.

50 Likes

This FAQ will answer some of these for you.

In short, if your console accounts are properly linked to your battle.net account you should be good to go.

3 Likes

I’m also wondering how this is affected with multiple different consoles. My ps4 edition has different skins than my PC edition, in the end do I get both accounts skins or does one account take priority?

4 Likes

I have a similar issue Adam, I have played Overwatch at first on my Xbox One, but when i migrated to PC, i had different skins. Recently i have only played on PC, so i have many more skins there. So, if i merge with my xbox account, will i lose the pc progression and skins ?

All of my progression is gone lol. Merging didn’t work

UPDATE: It finally worked. The account merge took some time but everything seems to be there.

111 Likes

I didn’t use the qr code on overwatch 1 in the 3rd since the servers are shut down. I linked my Xbox to my battle net account but I do not have all the heros unlocked. Some skins are though. I’m so confused.

26 Likes

Similar issue here. Played Overwatch on PS4, sold the console, bought the Watchpoint beta access, logged in today on OW2 and none of my stuff is showing up, including the dlc pack

13 Likes

I also have a question, am I able to still merge my account since I never did it, when it was on Overwatch 1?

31 Likes

I am not even seeing the option to merge when I log in on ps5. My account has been linked forever though. But no option to merge. And it is showing my pc progress that I barely played on instead of my pa4 progress. Really
Hope this is just a bug. I’m concerned since I’m not getting the merge pop up

32 Likes

For some reason my overwatch 1 sent a QR code and I signed in to my blizzard and took my PC account and now my xbox overwatch 1 stuff is gone? I had just about every skin and now the thing says i have nothing. this isn’t permanent is it…

12 Likes

long time player here, scanned the barcode that popped up and signed in and found that all of my cosmetics and credits from overwatch 1 didn’t carry over to overwatch 2 and have several heros locked. Any help would be appreciated

forgot to mention that I play on Xbox and had it connected to my battlenet account before the update.

25 Likes

My entire account is wiped, all i have is the skins from the origins edition, and i cant even find out if it’s gone or if I messed something up, i gotta be honest, if i lose 5 years of progress/unlocks, I’m just too defeated to want to play this again, that was a lot of time and money that could just be gone, and i had no way of knowing it was even a danger.

47 Likes

I 100% merged the account and I log in and find that all my progression and unlocks have been reset. I literally have nothing. Whats the status on this?

…and to be clear I owned Overwatch on Xbox and PC and it seems like my PC stuff transferred but none of my xbox stuff which was sync as recently as this past saturday

15 Likes

I’m having a similar issue with linking my PSN to OW2 and not taking my OW1 progress (or skins), still visible on Overbuff., from my time playing on PS4 OW1.

My Playstation account is linked to my battle.net account and none of my progression was merged. I’m forced to play the game as a new player with no unlocks whatsoever. Can this be fixed?

22 Likes

So im not the only one with the bug where my account was merged but no progression does it say u guys are in a queue tells u to close the game to merge the account really annoying

6 Likes

No, you’re not the only one. Same issue here

2 Likes

Dont tell me my stuff is gone, I had 15 golden guns, I didnt used the link in ow 1 butt my acc was merged with battle.net, i still play on ps4 Just downloaded ow 2 butt Nothing. Even if i klick on merge on ow 2 it doesnt do anything

12 Likes

My Playstation 4 was linked to my account, but I don’t see any of my progress on my PS5; I only see my unlocks from the PC. Can this be fixed?

7 Likes

Definitely not working, I’m fully linked Battlenet to Xbox… nothing is showing up.

6 Likes