[Main Thread] Applying Update

This just happened to me. it might just be 15 minutes but this is really annoying. I don’t see why Blizzard hasn’t fixed this yet. This can literally snowball and ruin the game entirely for someone. At the very lest blizzard should find a way to detect DC for technical reasons or not.

Nice! Just got a 1 hour ban because game was applying update. now that counts to my rank as a leave. is this fixable?

1 Like

Happened to me too again today, again thank you blizzard

1 Like

I just got bannend permanently this season for having the same technical difficulties…

2 Likes

Your game Devs are trash. Insane that I spend so much time grinding on this game just to receive “Applying update” as I queue into a ranked match and get suspended. Stop spending all you’re resources on in-game purchases and fix all the BS this entire community complains about.

2 Likes

Got a reply from support that they can’t un-ban, remove the losses, or do anything. I am uninstalling. There are better games out there made by companies that don’t belong in a dumpster.

2 Likes

hi. just had the same issue. i never leave games, so it was my first comp leave of the season, but it gave me a loss and a 15 minute ban. i did nothing wrong. this is an infuriating issue and it happened a month or so ago too while i was in a custom lobby WHY IS IT STILL NOT FIXED??

1 Like

Blows my mind that you can’t just take the side of the player base and unban for leavers. So if someone leaves the game on purpose you just ban them again. You are pushing away players who want to play and assuming they are all bad for leaving. Just bad decisions

Just got Banned because of the Applying update bug. I get it though, small indie company not many resources or people. Its hard for them to fix stuff like this.

What’s bothering me the most is… because of this bug/glitch issue that they know is giving unfair penalties; it’s been impossible to rank up due to the new rules for leaving games. That’s completely unfair for those who dealt with the bug, myself included. To say you will not remove the unfair penalties but you can easily take our money… I’ve been playing since Overwatch 1. The amount of money and time put into the game feels like it doesn’t even matter. This is definitely the last time I’ll spend a dime

1 Like

Assuming they are just not going to fix their game? This has been going on absurdly long.

I can accept the losses, I don’t really care about the rank given the horrible state of the matchmaking. I can’t accept that my account will carry these suspensions forever, so I have less room for errors in the future. I’m lucky as I have stopped playing when I got the 1 hour suspension, but there are people that are permanently banned because of this bug.

Best fix, for both the dumb matchmaker and this bug. I’ll probably rejoin if and when they revert the suspension, but for now this game is better off my console.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.